who is slow

dant

Seasoned Expediter
im just wondering who else is slow it seems like im doing more sitting than running lately

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
im just wondering who else is slow it seems like im doing more sitting than running lately

There is no such thing as slow,,but we do have underfast days here,,so 2 go 5 days sitting is slow for some, 5 and above would be real slow for me,,,but most of the time Im in the 2 to 5 day range,,really,,,I dont mind it,,,amen

dant

Seasoned Expediter
no havent been busy just forget to sign in for the last 3 years lol been in texas for 4 days trying to get home to get new co-driver

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Pretty busy the last week. Milwaukee-South Carolina, Virginia to California... Now if I can just get a load out. Bid on a couple loads out so far but don't think I got them, though.

jbfuson

Seasoned Expediter
This is the slowest we have seen since starting in October. We sat 6 days on the Houston, Tx board this week. Sure hope it picks up or I may have to eat my co-driver

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Texas has been a touch-n-go area for some time. That being said, the last two weeks were better than expected for the post-Christmas stretch.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

Historically speaking the first quarter of the year is slow for trucking in general. I think automotive is still going pretty well, they are still in catch up mode, trying to spend all that money the big O gave them.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Okay, so after reading this thread. Most who replied are busy. That is a good thing!! Interesting about Texas being slow right now.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
For the first 2 weeks of the year we did $8520 for 6002 dispatched miles and got to come home this weekend. This is in a surface D unit.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
The Atlanta area has been going like crazy for the last three weeks for me. To and from the airport 65% loaded miles all within a 500 mile radius. Lots of short runs and everything in a big hurry. The snow storm has been very good to me because I could get in and out of places where others couldn't.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Slow today to be expected cuz of the holiday. I did pick up a run from Sturgis, MI to Holland, MI paid full rate for loaded and empty miles so I can't complain.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
this time of year is hit or miss.you can either be very busy or very slow,and a lot has to do what your company charges for the freight.
I don't know about slow cause I've been home since new years.Been trying to get a driver to run with me,and truck has been in the shop.don't really feel bad about missing the snow storms.I'm back in service,guess will be running solo for awhile

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Texas is running a bit slow for me, but looking at the overabundance of trucks posted on load boards here in Texas it is no wonder. Would everyone from the Tundra lands please head home.

I am OK with it because if I sit long enough I will get loaded and possibly find some freight too. :D Justing kidding folks.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
It has been VERY VERY SLOW for us. Not happy at all with things right now.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
And true to form, I waited long enough.

Just got a load that will put me farther south and away from the herd. Yippie!

Hope everyone else gets one too.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Pretty busy but surprised at the little amount of auto freight. Most decent paying loads seem to be Uncle Sam gigs at least for the first two weeks this year.