Where is everyone today and how is the week

gjmcclain

Not a Member
Well, I am turning in for the night after dropping some freight in Garland, Texas.

Been hearing about the only thing moving out of this state is the real real cheap stuff because of the border/gang wars.....what will be the next excuse for cheap rates be......that the Whataburger chain is being bought out by Steak and Shake or what?

Any who - hope everyone is having a good week, no complaints from me that's for sure!:):):):)

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
Once again i am home.....probably wont get a load for a few days, but oh well...i am going to the range shooting this afternoon...and any day at the range is better then a day sitting in the van...

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Went in service yesterday afternoon in W. Michigan, and left for Chicago a few hours later. Much more freight there, and we thought we'd expose ourselves to it.

We were right, as we're headed to NJ tomorrow. Pay is not the greatest, but it is profitable for us and our truck owners.

Nice to see freight after 5 days off.

XTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Good morning!
Here at TA in Dearborn, Michigan, day 2. I see 5 Panther trucks, we are the only FedEx that I can see. Having a good breakfast and coffee in the truck and trying to put the Voodoo on where our next trip will be. Checked the USA Today map and south/southwest looks warm and sunny! Just had work done on the truck so not good past week but have high hopes for this next week.
Good luck to everyone today! Linda

mypie

Seasoned Expediter
We are sitting just outside of Louisville waiting on our next run. I don't know about anyone else, but we have remained busy for most of the winter. March is set up to be our best month ever, and we just got back online after a week at home. Only time will tell though in this last week of March. :)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are back at the Petro in Bordentown, on "Expediter Row" the week has been ok, not lighting up the world but payin the bills. We have a pre-dispatch for Sat so we can see Terry when he gets here tomorrow. Then after the Sat gig I think we shall pull the plug and head for the barn. New tags to get and a very busy week. Topped off by the Monroe County Ducks Unlimited Dinner on Sat the 4th and to my brothers for venison tenderloins on Sun. Then back at it on the 6th till mid June. Layoutshooter

wellarmed

Not a Member
2nd day in Ruther Glen Va. sure hope to get moving today the rain is not helping a ship thats already sinking

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in a dock in Commerce, Ga then headed for Memphis. :D
This month started slow, but it's steadily picked up.

XTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Linda,
You mean the T/A in Monroe?
Greg,
Yes, the TA in Monroe. That was this AM. We are now back at Interstate getting the truck repaired AGAIN. Missed an opportunity to possibly go to Alabama! Will be back at the TA when it's fixed. Just heard that we are to return tomorrow for the repairs. Are you there at the TA? Any other comrades there? Linda

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
This week was bad,,sat at home for most of it after doing the,,,
Do me a favor and pulling this load and we will get ya something nice thing...

Well 2 favors later sitting in Detroit where dispatch said there was no trucks when I agreed to do them the favor with the promise of turning out of here fast,,,well its allmost dark now and I am heading home empty....12 trucks in front of me,,,

Do ya think if their lips are moving that they are lieing???
Why dont I learn favors get ya nowhere......

Weather permitting I am going fishing for the weekend now and just cut my losses for this week...

termite289

Expert Expediter
sitting at the Flying J in waterloo,ia. has ben a fair week, could have used that second 10 mile mini that they brokered out to that outside truck in chicago, but i got 2 minis that day anyway. 3 would have been better. then runa a day, sit a day, run a day, sid a day. still better than doing a 34 hour reset between every load.
things are looking up.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Looks like just the one load for the week. Sitting at the J in Pennsville Twp./Corney Point, NJ.

Good time to catch up on paperwork, start taxes, and work on father-in-law's mortgage. I may actually get the satellite dish mounted today.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We are in South Carolina and enjoying the weather! Spring has hit down here and it feels great.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Sitting in Olive Branch, MS at the J, waiting to pick up a load on Monday. It's raining right now, but is suppose to clear this afternoon. :)

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
still sitting at home...going to see perry stone in grandville mi tonight...my folks get home tomorrow from snow birding in arizona....probably get loaded monday,and dont want one till tuesday...such is the life.. have 2 vans 180 miles between the 2 for the week.