Where do you park?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Where do you park when you go home? Not all of us are able to park our trucks in our driveways, and sometimes even our own neighborhoods. Just wondering where others choose to park.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a bit of a trick to get in, but-- on the driveway, in back of the house. I have to make a sharp turn, usually "backing and filling" a bit, to clear the garage. My landlord usually leaves for work a little after 5:00 every morning so it wouldn't do to block him in.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think it was Geo who have up his Western Star and went to a Sprinter, largely over parking issues.

Deville

Not a Member
I rent a portion of a commercial yard to park my trucks.I had a fairly large shed that I used as my "warehouse", but Sandy dismantled that last year & I haven't replaced it. I need to get on that.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When home in Minnesota, we park the truck on a concrete pad that we had built for that purpose. It has a water hydrant nearby and shore power too.

At our Florida house, we are in a gated community and there is a "boat yard" there where we rent a space. People park their boats and RV's there. There is no shore power, but there is a dump station that is ours to use for free. The yard is large enough and far enough away from the homes that we can leave the generator set on auto-on to keep the fridge running and batteries charged. If we are there for long periods, the fridge gets emptied and turned off.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Have you looked into renting a spot at a storage yard? They are usually pretty cheap and have plenty of room to get a ST in and out. You could even park your car there so that when you get home you have a ride ready to go without bothering anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have found that I can leave the truck at Costco for a day or two without any problems. Longer than that, I'd be looking for a space to rent.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Im thinking we are going to have.to find a rental spot. For right now we leave the car at my moms house, it is $25 a month cheaper for insurance than around the Detroit metro area. Imagine that.

When we were in our van we couldn't even go to our sisters house because of H.O.A. :rolleyes:

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
We park in a gated lot next to a truckstop in Indy, my parents are owner operators and they have secured parking for there tractor so we put both trucks in the one rented space = maximum use of space!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Local Penske lot next door to my house. I just asked the owner real nice and he allows me to park on his lot. Only thing he asked was to park in the same spots as his 24'-26' trucks in the back so tractor trailer units won't be tempted to park there. It also helps that I don't have the big FedEx branding yet so unless your up close I blend in with some of his white trucks.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
We park at home trk is beside garage fixing to pour a pad for it. We live in a neighborhood that has no hoa's most of our neighbors have something parked at their homes

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I rent a space at the local UStore. $38/month and they have security cameras, a barbed wire fence, a gate you enter a code into to open, and the manager lives in a house on the premises.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I put about 5 inches of gravel in my yard to park my truck, I usually back in, and I can do shore power in the winter via HD cord, this was last winter during one of the Big Snows we had in St Louis.

2013-02-21 14.27.21.jpg from the garage...

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We drop our trailer at a local diesel shop down the street and bring the tractor home. We live in the middle of a field off a narrow road, unless we widen our driveway we can't make the turn into the driveway with the trailer

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We dug out 9" deep on the drive on the side of the garage. We had 6" of large size stone put in and 3" of gravel on top of that. We too have shore power to the truck.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Your own runaway truck ramp. Just kidding lol.

Well, you know how it is. When we arrive home we come in fast, REALLY fast, home is where life is! :D When we leave, we leave REAL slow! It gets harder to leave each time we come home.