Where do you park?

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We just pull up to the house on the concrete driveway and plug into the power pedestal. Full hookups plenty of room and a 36' wide gate.

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
We park in front of our house outside the garage/shop in rural E TX. It is important to me to be able to work on it while home.
I had one of those very realistic 3D color dreams the other day. There was a nice neighborhood where one of the streets was about 50' wide built especially for truckers to turn and park their rigs into there angled to the street garages and shops, very upscale and clean, large lots. I remember there was a long hood Pete or something, all shined up parked in a tall garage that had a full glass garage door backed in all lit up. The street had house after house with garages built for big rigs, all well kept, landscaped and no junk. IF someone would develop such a hood, I'd be all over it.

So much for dreams.......sigh

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After getting a $50.00 fine for parking in my driveway I park at the freightliner shop or a grocery store close by.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
We park in front of our house outside the garage/shop in rural E TX. It is important to me to be able to work on it while home.
I had one of those very realistic 3D color dreams the other day. There was a nice neighborhood where one of the streets was about 50' wide built especially for truckers to turn and park their rigs into there angled to the street garages and shops, very upscale and clean, large lots. I remember there was a long hood Pete or something, all shined up parked in a tall garage that had a full glass garage door backed in all lit up. The street had house after house with garages built for big rigs, all well kept, landscaped and no junk. IF someone would develop such a hood, I'd be all over it.

So much for dreams.......sigh

Kinda like those aero subdivisions where people can park their airplanes in hangars by there house and share a mutual air strip!

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Since we run cargo vans we park in our drive way. When I had the Isuzu 16ft Cube, we parked it on the street. But back then I lived on a corner lot and the street dead ended by my driveway!

bullwinkle37

Seasoned Expediter
try parking at walmart usually if you take your tag number and truck name and ask the manager he or she normally says yes....god bless

bullwinkle37

Seasoned Expediter
fine? i would have told the city to kiss my backside..i use to live on the southside of desmoines,iowa
were i was buying my house and was driving a tractor trailor but would bobtail home and the city told me i couldnt park in my ow driveway witch was paved...i told them to kiss my backside and told them fine then you just bought a house threw them the keys to the house and moved to a small town
nobody should ever be able to tell you that you cant park at your home..you pay taxes heck with them

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We park in our driveway at home. Had a new one poured about 2 years ago. It's a real slap in the face when cities or towns won't let you park when yo own your home and pay taxes. Anyone who faces this that hasn't already, should petition their local governments about the issue. Just too many places that do this and it is not rite. I feel for you. That has been a big hope we have been having interviewing for a driver, that they will be able to park the truck at their house when on home time. Not saying that is a factor we have just been hoping when we ask they say they can. Just have an issue with not being able to have it within sight.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We park at home on our 7 acres. Since we live in a barn, way in the country, on our own private road, no one bothers us. It took 3 years for FedEx and UPS to find us. 4 years to get a mailbox. Very secluded and quiet.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We park at home on our 7 acres. Since we live in a barn, way in the country, on our own private road, no one bothers us. It took 3 years for FedEx and UPS to find us. 4 years to get a mailbox. Very secluded and quiet.

Sounds nice.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
After getting a $50.00 fine for parking in my driveway I park at the freightliner shop or a grocery store close by.

I got a $100 fine... We drop the trailer at FedEx Freight and bring the tractor home. I made nice with the county code enforcer and pointed out some rv's and other commercial vehicles in our neighborhood. Haven't been bothered since when the truck is home.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Since I have 68 arces here in Tn, where ever I want to....:cool: Won't be no code enforcer coming here.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
fine? i would have told the city to kiss my backside..i use to live on the southside of desmoines,iowa
were i was buying my house and was driving a tractor trailor but would bobtail home and the city told me i couldnt park in my ow driveway witch was paved...i told them to kiss my backside and told them fine then you just bought a house threw them the keys to the house and moved to a small town
nobody should ever be able to tell you that you cant park at your home..you pay taxes heck with them

Yeah the city of Va Beach has what they call the "Neiborhood beautification act" No commercial vehicles, boats or RVs can be visable from street. first fine is &50.00 2nd is $100 3rd is $150.00. The cops don't care and won't ticket you it's the city code enforcement but they don't work weekends or nights so I can bring it home on the weekend do what I need to do and take it back to the Food Lion parking lot before 9:00 am monday morn.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I got one ticket and I fought it and won, the judges Dad was a trucker, raised his family and put the judge thru lawschool so he was sympathetic to me as a working guy...I used to park the truck on the street when the grass was wet,soft or snowy, but I invested about 150 bucks in 5 loads of gravel and have a nice secure spot on the gravel, my neighbors are pretty used to the truck being around, years of working for bands I always kept the truck here as it was a safe spot......Ive got nice bright lights and the 20 amp Cord trenched into the yard....

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Right in my driveway when I do get a chance to get home. Had an officer come over to inform me they had some complaints about big trucks. I let him know I may be there once a month at the most for a few days and would continue to park in my driveway when I was home. The woman across the road works in the cities water dept. and it seems she likes to try and throw her weight around and starts things. All's well though as I park at my house and will continue to do so.