What would you do if your present carrier closed?

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
What would you do if the carrier you are contracted to right now closed the doors tomorrow? Do you have a plan? What carrier would be your first choice? Or would you hang up your spurs?:eek:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I had a backup plan before my truck broke down. Since I'm driving for someone now, I'll have to rely on the availability of trucks at places I'd like to go.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
1st thought would be to go back to Bolt, with no hesitation...then with a 2nd thought I might run for several dependable carriers....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello, welcome to Walmart. OK, that completes this afternoon's comedy hour. I would review the companies on my short list and choose one of them or perhaps consider doing a partner carrier arrangement with a few of the best.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Can I take your order.....here's your Big Mac special....seriously I would become a broker/outside sales rep move from indiana and move to south carolina.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Being in a tractor,if my company shuts down,there is not any trouble finding work for my truck.
It won't be Southern Pride or Landstar,Their pay isn't high enough for me.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If my present carrier closed I would lease on with Panther. Um, ah my present carrier is Panther. It was my former carrier that closed, actually was sold to Panther and I leased on with Panther. So my present carrier is Panther and if they closed I would... I know the answer to this! I have practiced the CLOSED CARRIER REACTION DRILL. I would, I would, um lease on with another carrier. Yeah, I would lease on with another carrier.

Being a van owner/operator I would not be restricted to leasing on with another expedite carrier. I could easily take my van and get into plumbing, HVAC, cable tv installation or electrical contracting. Other job opportunities include, but are not limited to ice cream sales, kidnapping, child molesting and government surveillance. Try diversifying like this with a T/T or straight truck!

desync0

Expert Expediter
I might have to deal with this in May, hence why I signed up here!

If I loose my cushy dedicated, home every day, paid by the hour day cab gig, and have to go back OTR, I'd rather own my own truck then drive for someone else again.

And if expediting doesn't work, there's still a decent demand for HHG to be moved out west.

And John, you're at the top of my list so far lol

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
free_candy.jpg

fired at you from my Droideka

moose

Veteran Expediter
Please let e'm fold !

there is that GREAT carrier in St. Paul Minnesota, that i would LOVE driving for .
problem is ,my current carrier is the best, and simply won't give me any rezone to complain...

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Southern Pride, Land Star.

Just courious why Southern Pride. Were you an aviation hauler in a past life? Did we possibly see you guys at the customs lot in Miami with the other SP trucks? If so why did you leave that to do what you now are doing?

For us, if Aviation Express closed its doors and Southern wasn't taking on anymore trucks, I would have to hang up my keys or turn our truck into a full time RV. I don't think I would ever be happy hauling FE's crap (don't pay enough for the aggrevation! LOL) or anything else I've hauled in the past.

Last edited: