What would Jesus do?

Rising_Cow

Active Expediter
Way out of context.

Matthew 21:12-16
New International Version (NIV)
Jesus at the Temple

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[a] but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’

John 2:13-16

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It was a funny. God invented humor too. One only has to look at the duck billed platypus to see that.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
God invented humor too.

9hXMI24465.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
See? "Christian humor" is an oxymoron.

I have many "Christian" beliefs and I have a FABULOUS sense of humor! Just ask me! And don't make fun of the Ox and the moron, Barry and Joe can't help it, it was all the crack they did. (or maybe still doing)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Is that 54 minute video supposed to be Christian Humor?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Is that 54 minute video supposed to be Christian Humor?
I'm told humor, like many things, is often in the eye of the beholder ...

Personally, I found one part around 38:45 (+ or - 30 or so seconds for the setup) extremely humorous ... given that it was coming from what appears to be a (non-heretical) Christian who holds a Master of Divinity ... ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Way out of context.

Matthew 21:12-16
Jesus at the Temple

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’[a] but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’

John 2:13-16

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

It's written to get a laugh, but since Jesus actually did overturn tables and chase people with a whip, how can it be "way out of context"?
The command to 'Love thy neighbor' needs to be applied with some discrimination, IMO - what if you live next door to Idi Amin?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This says it all.

WhatwouldJesusdo_zps7ea818b3.jpg

Sorry Layout, but that picture has been altered. The right arm of Jesus with the whip was photo-shopped in. The original picture was taken immediately after an earthquake struck Jerusalem. Jesus was only trying to offer aid to injured victims in the temple. Note the dude wearing the green potato sack with the dislocated shoulder. Jesus was rushing to him to set his shoulder.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
WhatwouldJesusdo_zps7ea818b3.jpg

Sorry Layout, but that picture has been altered. The right arm of Jesus with the whip was photo-shopped in. The original picture was taken immediately after an earthquake struck Jerusalem. Jesus was only trying to offer aid to injured victims in the temple. Note the dude wearing the green potato sack with the dislocated shoulder. Jesus was rushing to him to set his shoulder.

Just a bad camera angle. The guy with the green potato sack is a heroin dealer, one of the "Clinton Cartel".

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I have been saying God has a sense of humor for years. Some of the a aminimals look and act funny, sometimes he puts overly irrogant people in their place, like someone saying other drivers are idiots as the plow into the car in front of them's bumper.

One day we had a bad ice storm and the birds would flip over on the branch when they leaned forwatd to eat off the seed bell.

The funniest was when this guy was zooming around a corner to impress the girls laying out in the sun, he totaled his 280z by hitting the dumpster. The funny part was the dance he did when he saw the damage. My roomates thought I was having a mental break down due to my hystrical laughter.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Did want to mention God's attitude toward the Prostitution of the church, those Churches that dont focus on the Gospel but money.

I believe that is a major thing that angers him snd those responsible will be dealt with severly at Judgement Day.

Jesus reaches out to those that need saving, the poor financially and in spirit. I bet if he visited earth for a day, he would spend time with a homeless drunk rather than with the Pope or Heads of State. He is about Love and caring for people. Why else would Jesus allow himself to be brutally beaten an hung from a cross to pay the price of strangers sin?

Of course, many Christians forget that they were only pardoned for their transgressions and did not earn their Salvation. The Bible is quite clear about this and states no one should judge others. Of course, being Human we tend to do things that are sinful.