What Walmart, Meijer, Flying J, etc. parking lot are you spending Christmas?

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Where are you at this Christmas?

I am talking with a fellow driver who is at the Walmart in Macedon, NY. Brrrrr.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I will spend Christmas at the T/A in Cottondale AL so I can get my free meal and then move on Saturday morning

moose

Veteran Expediter
Flying J , I-44 W , Oak Grove , M.O ,
no Expediter in sight .
flurry's icy & WINDY .
might give it another shot later on 2day.
wonder if the WalMart across will be open ...?

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
In Chattanooga tn, with my 90 yr old parents and an 8 yr old grandson. My fun Christmases started when I can remember my 1st train set in 1952, I was 6. Oh my,,,its been a lot of Christmases since then, metal toys, a BB gun one year, the Lincoln logs and metal gas stations,,lol and lots of relatives to boot..................i was younger once,,,MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At home, where I belong for the Holidays. Spending it with family and friends. A nice fire in the wood stove and homemade food.
May all have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Watch out for Meijer Huber Heights Oh. Recently I was woke up by a wrecker backing up to my "C" unit. I told him I would leave. He threatened to call the HH Police unless I coughed up the $75 dry run fee. Then he proceeded to do the same to the 3 big rigs there. $125.00 each for them.
Story was this was arranged by the store manager after he had a screaming encounter with a women RV`er.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Watch out for Meijer Huber Heights Oh. Recently I was woke up by a wrecker backing up to my "C" unit. I told him I would leave. He threatened to call the HH Police unless I coughed up the $75 dry run fee. Then he proceeded to do the same to the 3 big rigs there. $125.00 each for them.
Story was this was arranged by the store manager after he had a screaming encounter with a women RV`er.

Did you pay?

How about asking Meijer's if the manager is getting a kick back on the fees collected by the driver?

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Did they have signs posted saying no truck parking? I think if they had no signs posted I would have thought about telling him go ahead and call the police and when the police arrived I would have told them that you were not trying to cause a problem that you wanted to check with the manager to see if Meijer had a problem with you parking there and did they call for the wrecker so as to check if the wrecker driver was on a legit call and he was not trying to scam drivers but if they did have signs posted then I guess I too would have givin him the cash and got out there quick

buddy

Seasoned Expediter
TA in North canton ohio. The walmart accross from us does welcome us to park. The Meijer in Lapeer Mi. allowed us to stay. Being from Mi. We prefere to shop/park at a meijer.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wouldn't have given him a penny. I'd have let him hook me up, with me still in the vehicle, and then called it in to the police. Can't tow a vehicle with someone in it. If the vehicle can be legally driven (no expired tags or anything like that), then in nearly every jurisdiction in the country it's reckless endangerment if they hook you up and raise the vehicle, and if the tow truck then moves at all while you're hooked, it's kidnapping.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Did they have signs posted saying no truck parking? I think if they had no signs posted I would have thought about telling him go ahead and call the police and when the police arrived I would have told them that you were not trying to cause a problem that you wanted to check with the manager to see if Meijer had a problem with you parking there and did they call for the wrecker so as to check if the wrecker driver was on a legit call and he was not trying to scam drivers but if they did have signs posted then I guess I too would have givin him the cash and got out there quick
Wrecker driver said signs were posted (most Meigers have them) I never really went back to check.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
I think my Question to him ?Would have been did you see come out of the store after shopping.By the way I was in My sleeper munching on the snacks or food I just bought at the store.I think I would call there corportate office to see if the manager was getting a kick back. 3 semis and you added up to $450.00 If you smell a rat there ussaly is one.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I wouldn't of paid anything. This why I don't shop at any of their stores. I was up at one of their stores right down the street from the Detroiter truck stop back in 1999. My c-link pager went off and my co-driver walked out of the store at a fast pace to see if we got a load offer. A few guys ran after him and tried to say he took something out of the store, I think it was because he was a black man myself. We both was in the store doing Christmas shopping. He had about $500.00 worth of gifts he was buying and I had about $1,000.00 worth of gifts. We both was so upset that we asked for the manager. The manager said he was sorry but we left our carts in front of the manager and walked out.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I'm not in any parking lot at the moment, but in a house full of Kenyans. I'm the only white person in the house, and with the exception of my wife, probably the only person who doesn't think Obama is the fourth member of the Trinity.

transporter

Expert Expediter
hey jack. he is a tight wad but i gave myself a present 4 day motel 6 untilmonday pickup. other choice dead home 1500 miles. cheaper to get motel room

sockhat

Seasoned Expediter
Spent christmas at ta in ontario,ca. Sunny & 70 ! Didnt seem much like christmas ,ta restaurant didnt even have christmas decorations up