What has you ripping your hair out sometimes in this business?

softwareguy

Active Expediter
I would like to hear you all vent! What are some issues that seem to happen over and over again when expediting freight (and how do you deal with it)?

Camper

Not a Member
If you just browse through the archives of previous threads/posts, you'll find no shortage of answers to your question(s).

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Where the heck is BFE anyway??:rolleyes::D

BFE is ALWAYS a state of mind. There is ALWAYS a campground with new people to meet. Malls, librarys, museums, historic areas, and scenic areas, even if that scenic area is beside a river/creek somewhere. Don't let ANYONE tell you that there IS such a place .... UNLESS ... THAT is where YOU want to be !!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
People who have no clue about expediting, and have no intention of getting into expediting, who ask questions about expediting so they can write some article or app or something so they can make money from expediting. :D

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
No one is EVER stuck in BFE or anyplace ellse for that matter....it really is as simple as moving...on your own dime....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
People who have no clue about expediting, and have no intention of getting into expediting, who ask questions about expediting so they can write some article or app or something so they can make money from expediting. :D

Anybody in particular in mind?

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
seriously, third party loads that have a p-u number that i have not been made aware of until i ask for the frt at the shipper.
me. hi dispatch i need a p-u number for this load
dispatch. call you back right away
dispatch. here is the number
me, anything else i need?
dispatch, no. just deliver straight thru.
me ok

then when i get to the c'nee i find out there is a delivery number i don't have.
me, hi again. i know you were not the person i talked to last shift but i need a delivery numer.
dispatch, ok call you back
dispatch, here is the number
me, anything else i need to know
dispatch. no

then after that i learn i am early because i have a scheduled delivery time.
me hello dispatch. i am being told i have a scheduled arrival.
dispatch, what time is it
me, its not in their system yet, you tell me
dispatch, i'll call you back
dispatch, i can't reach anyone this time of night(of course not! its 0300)

so we go sleep and return at 1100 still not knowing the scheduled delivery time.

then the horses butt who is on the other side of the fenced in drivers area who is practicing his daily power trip has written refused on my bol because i am not dock hi.(third party was an ltl carrier) but wants to extract 10 lbs of flesh while insulting me and my wife and refuses to hand back the ppwk. a shipment he cannot refuse because his company really needs it. then dispatch will not let me leave for the third parties terminal. they claim to not have one in the area even when one of their trucks is parked next to me.

thats what does it for me.

anyone else been to that kindle loving whse outside allentown pa?

Last edited:

softwareguy

Active Expediter

opposed to someone that has a little clue about expediting, has intentions to get into expediting, asks no questions in order to make no app or something so they can lose money from expediting?

I'd worry more about that guy :)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
opposed to someone that has a little clue about expediting, has intentions to get into expediting, asks no questions in order to make no app or something so they can lose money from expediting?

I'd worry more about that guy :)

I quote this from another on of your posts.

"I'm not an operator, nor am I planning on it (self aware enough to realize that I'm not cut out for what you guys pull off ). However, I'm in San Francisco where everybody is going nuts about mobile apps so I am doing my research."

So which is it? Are you interested in getting into expediting or developing some type of software or app?
If you are really interested in expediting I'm sure there are many members who are willing to help you out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, he's making a joke, playing it off mine, and it's a fine attempt.
But it also illustrates a lack of knowledge and understanding about expediting. I don't worry at all, not the least little bit, not one iota ( ∙ <−− one iota), about someone that has a little clue about expediting, has intentions to get into expediting, asks no questions in order to make no app or something so they can lose money from expediting. And they certainly don't make me want to rip my hair out. :D