What Do You Listen To?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
While traveling what do you folks listen to, is it the radio? and if so is it satellite or regular radio. Or do you listen to the CB?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have sirius satelllite so I usually listen to Stern, Bubba, and music on it. I think it's the greatest thing for people on the road that's come along in years. I also download audiobooks and listen to them through my gps. That's a great time killer.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There is not enough driving time in the day to listen to all the great books out there! We have the perfect job to get all of the education to have a masters degree and still have time to listen to fun books.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
I listen to normal radio and try to tune in a local station especially going into a large urban area during slow hours (rush hour to most). Another thing is i travel up the east side of the great lakes a lot so the local reports for road and weather in winter is especially important with the snow streamers etc.
Rob

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
satelite radio, during the day it is "political talk entertainment" at night, sports talk. I also use a I-pod loaded with ove 700 oldies from the 40's to the late 60's. Also use my laptop to pick up some "interesting" talk and to also pickup my hometown local talk radio show from 6 am to 9 am and then again from 3 pm to 7 pm.

Don't use the regular radio for much and the CB is only on , on a be to know something basis....

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
These days jes the ducks, geese and fish flopp'in.

Usta listen VERY intently to my horse. Mighta flipped the cb on for a bit when I needed some info for traffic or a local.

One day you'll allow your entertainment to provide you a very costly repair bill because you didn't hear a problem when it started.

I'd like a few to fess up about what happened to them like that.

blueblooddog

Seasoned Expediter
XM sattelite radio.6-9am- Steve Czaban or fox news. 12-3pm. -Laura Ingraham or try to get Rush on regular radio. 3-6pm. -Sean Hannity.6-8pm.- Mark Levin or John Gibson. 8-11pm.- Fox news simulcast or Casey Kasems top 40 on wed. night. Music occasionally 70's,80's. or 90's.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
XM, I'd be pretty grumpy if I had to listen to local FM. O&A most mornings and Ron&Fez. I'll leave CNBC on as background noise if I'm in and out. Listen to Kevin when I can and might leave 171 on through the night.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Audio Books and Podcast on the I-Pod. XM Public Radio. CNN News, Old Time radio.

Don`t know if my AM/FM bands work. Haven`t used them for years.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
First of all Happy New Year to all and heres hopeing all goes well in 09
What do I listen to,The 50's on xm radio mostly.Other times the nascar channel.And also some of the sports channels

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm with the Caffees and Redytrk when it comes to audio books. My local library has a large selection that can be checked out for 3 weeks, with the option for two more 3 week renewals. This can be done on-line.

I also listen to music on cd. Over the years I have traded both music cd's and audio books with Cheri. Trading is a great way to discover different artists and authors.

My c.b. is usually on with the squelch turned up and the volume low. If I detect a lot of chatter that could be related to an accident or traffic congestion I turn the radio up.

And of course there is the piles of miles with only the sound of the engine and that rattle somewhere in the dashboard.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I did listen to XM but my favorite channels repeated so much that I didn't renew this year. I listen to local channels and audio books. Oh...., and I did still hear my water pump when it decided to give up the ghost. I'll have to admit the steam was a fairly good clue too.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Moot we also have a rattle in the dash and you can only hear it when we idle. I figure it is code for "Do Not Idle Do Not Idle Do Not Idle" so we shut the truck off to get rid of rattle.

I cannot tell you how many times Bob has pulled the dash apart looking for that rattle!

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Must be a standard feature, because we have one of those rattles too!
We listen to Old Time Radio, Dave Nemo, Kevin Rutherford, News, talk, country, and of course good old classic rock.
Unfortunately our library only allows 3 weeks for books on tape and no renewal. Thankfully, books can be renewed 3 times.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Okay....

Dave Nemo - I have an XM radio next to my desk. :eek: 700 WLW Cincinnati - wherever I am. I also like The Blend on XM. Oh also 1200 songs on my iPhone. Join eMusic!

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Bluegrass and Gospel on XM. Also have a few CD's that have some favorites. Listening to the CB is mostly disgusting. The langauge is not what one needs to hear all day.