What did you do for Easter dinner today?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Time for snapshots from expediters that illustrateswhat different people did for dinner this Easter Sunday.

What did you do for dinner this Easter Sunday?

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I are laid over in the Midwest this weekend, waiting to pick up freight on Monday. For dinner today we parked at a Walmart, bought what we needed and cooked in the truck: oven-baked rolls, ham, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. The convection microwave oven, two-burner stove top and kitchen area in our ARI sleeper makes this possible.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Turkey, homemade stuffing, green bean casserole, crescent rolls and cranberry sauce. For dessert a homemade pineapple upside down cake.:)
We are at home. Going back in service tomorrow.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus sauteed in butter and garlic with seasoned salt, salt potatoes, and fudge brownies, all made in the truck.

Followed shortly thereafter by the post-dinner coma.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Not sure what t will be yet, but I am meeting Jenny & Nick (Enemy) for dinner at the Logans Steakhouse here in Laredo in about a half hour...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Like Phil..I am in a Walmart in Iowa City...just cooked up some Talipia fillets and baked potatoe, with green beans...:D

Dessert - Chocolate Frosty from Wendys....:p

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Pre-dispatched on friday for a monday pick up 150 miles from home.So we ended up at the kid's house,nice surprise.:)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Diane and I are laid over in the Midwest this weekend, waiting to pick up freight on Monday. For dinner today we parked at a Walmart, bought what we needed and cooked in the truck: oven-baked rolls, ham, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. The convection microwave oven, two-burner stove top and kitchen area in our ARI sleeper makes this possible.

Saw your truck driving through downtown Fort Wayne on Thursday:)

Oh and back to the subject, nothing fancy today salad and homemade chili Mmmmmm

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Isn't it funny that to celebrate the resurection of Jesus, a jewish man, most people eat ham, something a jew would never eat. Maybe it's funny to me because I said it in a Jerry Seinfeld voice.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I think it's not politically incorrect to serve rabbit. (tell the kids it's chicken)

I tried to use this new 'high quality' glazed deep dish baking dish that someone gave me, to make a 'graham crust' pie.. because it was so deep, I made a double recipe.. baked it in prep for the cold filling.. it baked great.. lightly browned.. perfect!.. but when I took it out of the oven, the 'deep' sides went 'swooooooosh' and slid down so that I was left with only a bottom crust.. double thick of course..
So I went and purchased 'gourmet' cupcakes from a 'cupcakery' at $2.50 a pop, and they were AWFUL... (how do they stay in business?) and I got chastised for not making the pie anyway, without the sides, because nobody cared if it would be ugly, it just needed to taste good.
Anybody know how to use one of those deep dish glazed pans and keep the sides?

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
My wife decided to volunteer again this year which means I do most of the work. "We" were going to make ham and pork roast but for some reason when I picked all of it up, it was frozen solid instead of being thawed out. So instead, it was turkey Filet Mignon with the side fixings as everyone enjoys. I had one kid who didn't like the turkey steak and her potato but overall it was a good meal for them.

Me? Today was hard boiled eggs, diced potato, chorizo and a tortilla.

Dabus1952

Seasoned Expediter
We had Ham, Easter polish Sausage from a butcher shop in Chicago. My daughter made a potatoe caserole.Wife made a brocolli caserole .Rye bread .hard boil eggs .(grand kids colored them )Salad. We had a house full ,familiy and freinds.Happy Easter too all be safe.

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are in Sikeston, MO tonight. So diner at Lamberts, home of the throwed rolls. It was a great feast with honky tonk piano and baseball sized dinner rolls flying through the air. Yum Yum!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
spent it at moms. she is 91 and she cooked. spiral ham, au gratin potatoes and corn pudding salad from panera. tomorrow i am making split pea soup. yum!! watched the hawks thru 2 periods with the boys. oh by the way..in overtime

.HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN

game 7 in vancouver on tuesday

my sons gave me an i phone 16g for my birthday. .

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Drive to Little Rock, had a nice dinner at the Petro.Elizabeth is an excellent waitress, and always makes every dinner here special.Talked with the parental units for some time, today, and even included OVM in some of the conversation..Which leaves my dad always asking me, "Why South Dakota??"...lol..But really, Ken's a good guy..