What are you thankful for, and why?

guido4475

Not a Member
The holiday season is upon us,and there is so much to be thankful for, even the small things we take for granted each and everyday.

I may complain about the lack of room in the van, but then I see a homeless person sleeping under a bridge and think to myself that I could be like that myself, and they would give anything to have the warmth of the van.It doesnt seem that bad anymore the more I think about it.

Is there something each and every one of us can do to make a difference? Do you have an old moving blanket you dont use? Give it to a homeless person you may see.Or a coat.

In closing, I am thankful for everything I have,the company I am leased to, my freinds and family,my health.Everything.I thank God for that everyday.

transporter

Expert Expediter
i am thankful for surviving the second great depression. I am thankful for the information and friendships i have gained over the last couple years here on EO. Thank you Lawrence for eo and the expo. Cudos to you for getting bigger without changing your baby into a monster

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
I am thankful for my husband Tony, and, in this our first year of our marriage, for the wonderful new life he has shown to me.

I am also thankful for our being part of Load 1, who have proved to us that not all carriers are carved from the same stone.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There are many things to be thankful for. Lately, Diane and I have been talking about how thankful we are to be self-employed expediters, alive and free on the road.

We got through the Great Recession without want or fear of losing our jobs. We remain free of the office jobs we left behind and free to live, work, play and travel as we choose.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The most important thing i am thankful for is that I am an American. You can be conservative, liberal, dum-o-crat or re-bum-lican, thats OK. WE are AMERICANS!! God Bless America! :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm thankful for useful work, and the ability to do it. Time to play, and the intelligence to enjoy it.
Family and friends who love me, no matter what.
Life is good. :)

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
Im thankful for having the ability to have a job during this recession. and hopefully the next few weeks will let me pay for christmas.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ditto what's been said. I'm also thankful that I'm still here consuming oxygen. I've gone through a rash of deaths of former co-workers and a former neighbor in the last few weeks. I'm at the age where I know that I'll be seeing more of it in my peer group, but it still gets your attention.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The Big Guy upstairs herd me Last Night when I was working out. I got his answer from Joel Osteen today. No I didnt see it on TV hower somebody called me and I listend on my Phone this morning while he was doing his program this morning on TV.

To the Big Guy ROGER THAT!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
there are many things to be thankful for. Lately, diane and i have been talking about how thankful we are to be self-employed expediters, alive and free on the road.

We got through the great recession without want or fear of losing our jobs. We remain free of the office jobs we left behind and free to live, work, play and travel as we choose.

amen times 10

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow..so much to be thankful for..I am twice divorced, was a pretty selfish person in my younger yrs...have done some things that were totally stupid and even illegal...but through it all , family stuck by me...though ups and downs...family, my wife, kids and parents..it took a long time for me too grow up...yea i can still be an azz...but i now realize that the world does not revolve around me and my wants and needs...

So while i am thankful for all the little daily things that come my way, and even the big things that happens in a good way...but most of all i am thankful to have people in my life that care, love me and are still a part of my life...God knows i don't deserve it....

Thanks Guido for posting this...its when we are alone wth our thoughts that we realize the things that matter the most and being thankful and realizing it is something that i need to be more aware of and let those that are important know it...Thanks!!

Last edited:

milpig

Expert Expediter
I am thankful to finally be successful in most of my business endeavors, for a marriage that is on the right track, for ending habits that needed ending, and for five star buffet style truckstop dining.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I am thankful for a wonderful husband (who annoys me unmercifully :rolleyes:) The best son a mother could have, two wonderful little dogs that I love very much. I am thankful the good lord has seen fit to provide for us through the years and given us great friends and that we are happy and healthy. Yep, that is what I am thankful for! :D

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
Thankful that my son returned safely from Afghanistan this year. My wish to everyone who has a loved one overseas is that they return home safely also. Jerry Lee

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Thankful for,
My Wife of course &
The kids, and their kids, and the fact I can send the kids home with the kids.
All the Mothers,Fathers,Sons and Daughters serving in the Armed Forces.
The fact I'm working and have been able to add a vehicle in such a short time and put someone to work.
And for E.O. for being here,,a place about work that takes me away from work. Hope everyone here enjoys the up coming holidays and stays safe..

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I'm thankful for living in a place where we are all free. I'm thankful I can say Obama is a loser and not get killed by the goverment for speaking my mind. I'm thankful for my boys and my wife. I'm thankful for all my family, friends,drivers, and business relationships we have made. Thankful for Jesus.