well what about crooked roads......

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Between all the neg vibes about owners and drivers I did some research
and have made a connection between crooked roads and crooked owners and drivers.

Ever drive the roads in and around the Santa Cruz area. Enough to make an
honest man crooked.

Any other roads out there that challenge ones integrity?

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
US30 between McConnellsburg, PA and Breezewood, PA. I-40 through the Smokey Mountains in NC. The WV turnpike. A lot of the PA toll road. Just a few that I can think of right off hand. :)

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
We did that road last summer..... :D

I did that road last year you are on it for several miles before you get to the sign that says not recommended for trucks over 40 feet long. Nice that would have been helpful had it been located at the point in Marysville where I got on it. Thank god I ran it at night so when I saw headlights I could stop and wait for oncoming traffic to pass me because I needed the entire road to make the curves

babs3361

Expert Expediter
There Is always a reason For STAA routing in the Rand Mcnally, USE IT! I will not put you on roads that a T/T has no business on. PC miler will put you on these routes and if something happens it is always the drivers fault. Better Safe then sorry.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about US160 east from US 65 to Poplar Bluff Missouri. Made my wife throw up on that one, also the road is so narrow there's no room for error!

Big Al
Branson Mo

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I did that road last year you are on it for several miles before you get to the sign that says not recommended for trucks over 40 feet long. Nice that would have been helpful had it been located at the point in Marysville where I got on it. Thank god I ran it at night so when I saw headlights I could stop and wait for oncoming traffic to pass me because I needed the entire road to make the curves
OMG, I've done that road in a 4-wheeler. Did you drag the trailer going around any of those sharp curves?

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
US 101 in Washington state, the stretch that goes around Lake Crescent. I used to pick out a logging truck that was rolling well on the open road and try to stay with them going around the lake. I was driving a '70 Barracuda. :D

pelicn

Veteran Expediter

Ummm...Scuba...take a look at this

Tail of the Dragon

Panther and FedEx represented along with all the other misguided folks. So much for the "shortcut"

Last edited:

aileron

Expert Expediter
There is a crooked road in Romania crossing the Carpathian Mountains called Transfagarasan. In the vicinity of this road you can find Dracula's Castle. Beautiul drive. Tried to cross the mountains in the middle of summer, I think it was 1992 or 1993. Went all the way to the top, there is a tunnel at the top, then on the other side it was snowed in, had to turn around.

Transf?g?r??an - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 3
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: