Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The end is near :eek: At least as far as the major home repairs is concerned. If all goes as planned, today should be the last day :) Then I can focus back on the little things, like finding everything again :rolleyes:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Spotted the Dreamer in the yard this sunny morning!

Yup... new antenna wiring for the Qualcomm, then as I was backing out, Vince pointed out my rapidly sinking right rear tire...ugh.. filled it up at the garage and made it over to Belle Tire for a repair...

Found a nice nail somewhere...

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Suggestion for the suggestion box. Since going solo 2 weeks ago I have been inundated by small loads. I have yet to turn one down, and it has become quite obvious I am one of the few as I can leap frog 5-10 trucks at the yard with the offers, however, maybe trying to piggy back 2 or 3 loads for the same truck might entice others to take the smaller loads.

Example, I was dispatched on a load last week that went 40 miles, from Romulus to Rochester. Took me a grand total of 90 minutes of on-duty time. This was in the AM. I figured I could easily take 1 or 2 more loads that day but when unloaded I was now 12 of 12. Did not get another load offer until late in the afternoon for a load the next day that was 70 miles.

I find it hard to believe there weren't other short loads after I unloaded. It should be if you take a load, say under 150 miles, you don't lose your position at least for the remainder of the day. It would encourage others to take the smaller loads as well. Obviously this only applies to DOT trucks.

Just my 2 cents worth.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Suggestion for the suggestion box. Since going solo 2 weeks ago I have been inundated by small loads. I have yet to turn one down, and it has become quite obvious I am one of the few as I can leap frog 5-10 trucks at the yard with the offers, however, maybe trying to piggy back 2 or 3 loads for the same truck might entice others to take the smaller loads.

Example, I was dispatched on a load last week that went 40 miles, from Romulus to Rochester. Took me a grand total of 90 minutes of on-duty time. This was in the AM. I figured I could easily take 1 or 2 more loads that day but when unloaded I was now 12 of 12. Did not get another load offer until late in the afternoon for a load the next day that was 70 miles.

I find it hard to believe there weren't other short loads after I unloaded. It should be if you take a load, say under 150 miles, you don't lose your position at least for the remainder of the day. It would encourage others to take the smaller loads as well. Obviously this only applies to DOT trucks.

Just my 2 cents worth.

teamwork_zps848f4df7.jpg

Team work...works!!! :)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Just my 2 cents worth.

Why only dot trucks? If you ask when offered the load on shorter ones if you can keep your spot the dispatcher will often agree for vans anyway. It won't show on a mac 19 and you may need to remind them at shift change. If you don't ask you never know.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Last edited:

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Why only dot trucks? If you ask when offered the load on shorter ones if you can keep your spot the dispatcher will often agree for vans anyway. It won't show on a mac 19 and you may need to remind them at shift change. If you don't ask you never know.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Because we have to keep logs and our clock starts when we run a load. Vans can do this already because you don't keep logs. I'm sure it was not an exclusion.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Because we have to keep logs and our clock starts when we run a load. Vans can do this already because you don't keep logs. I'm sure it was not an exclusion.

Exactly right. Clock started at 9 am. Was unloaded by 10:30. If I try to get my 10 hours in I would have to sit until 20:30 and then how many loads are dispatched at that time for immediate pick up? Not many. So if you can keep the guys on the short loads moving with multiple loads it would seem it would be a win win scenario. Drivers win with utilization of time and the company wins with coverage of the smaller less desirable loads.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Just ordered the Straight Truck Die Cast with my rewards points for my soon-to-be 3 year old grandson. Thanks John.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Exactly right. Clock started at 9 am. Was unloaded by 10:30. If I try to get my 10 hours in I would have to sit until 20:30 and then how many loads are dispatched at that time for immediate pick up? Not many. So if you can keep the guys on the short loads moving with multiple loads it would seem it would be a win win scenario. Drivers win with utilization of time and the company wins with coverage of the smaller less desirable loads.
I would send the mac message that advises dispatch of your hours remaining. Then a freeform message stating your board position should not have changed because of the shorty and request they reset your position.
If you don't get a response, call and make sure you note the name of who you talk to.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I would send the mac message that advises dispatch of your hours remaining. Then a freeform message stating your board position should not have changed because of the shorty and request they reset your position.
If you don't get a response, call and make sure you note the name of who you talk to.

I did do the Macro yesterday but not the free form. Got no response back, not even a 10/4 I have received your message. But did not pursue it any further.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I did do the Macro yesterday but not the free form. Got no response back, not even a 10/4 I have received your message. But did not pursue it any further.
I'm not surprised they didn't respond. That is one reason I always sent a freeform.

Clearly, dispatchers are not following protocol and resetting board positions since a driver with a running clock is more likely to cover a shorty than one who has full hours.

Improper use of resources IMO.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I'm not surprised they didn't respond. That is one reason I always sent a freeform.

Clearly, dispatchers are not following protocol and resetting board positions since a driver with a running clock is more likely to cover a shorty than one who has full hours.

Improper use of resources IMO.

Shared the posts and my thoughts with operations this morning.