Welcome to August Please Save Us!!! Location Forum

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just one of those days in the world of business....
Yeah, probably not on the same level, but I had the same kind a day yesterday. My gnarly TV stand arrive by UPS, and it was TOR UP. It had been dropped (maybe off the dock) and gouged and gored and maybe run over by another skid full of freight. They managed to replace about half the cardboard box with packing tape. But sometimes the box is a wreck and inside the box is just fine.

Newp.

One of the frame rails was badly scratched, and one of the shelf supports was bent more than an inch. Any shelf on that set of supports would look like the downhill off Monteagle. These are thick, heavy 1-inch steel tubing supports. Took a lot of force to do that. Amazingly, the three 45-pound glass shelves were pristine.

So, I packed it all back up (that was a hoot) and they came and got it. A replacement is on its way.

But I'm also wondering where my TV is. It was shipped well over a week ago. Estes Forwarding Worldwide handled the logistics, and the tracking number showed it arrived on Monday night - "On-Hand At Destination" - which means it's right where it's supposed to be waiting on home delivery. I've been expecting a call all week to arrange for a delivery appointment. I call Estes in Nashville and they can't find it, cause the tracking number isn't one of their pro numbers, it's an airway bill. I call EFW corporate and they find it real quick. It came air cargo to Midwest Express, who also does home deliveries. Not in an Express manner, clearly. They tell me they can schedule a delivery next Wednesday or Thursday. Sheesh. That's 9 or 10 days from when they took it off the plane! Good grief, man, I'll just come down and get it (even though it's at the airport... at air cargo... and I'm OOS... I'm a glutton for it I guess).

But it wasn't bad. At least I didn't have to sit there and wait for them to unload the plane that hasn't landed yet.

It was pretty funny when I got there. They saw me pull up, and I didn't even realize that I was dressed to the nines in my Load One t-shirt and Load One cap, and I walked in and they said, 'What have you got?" I told them I was here to pick up. They asked what, and I handed them a printout of the airway bill.

One guy turned to the other and said, "Are we expediting this? I thought the consignee was going to come get it."

He replied, "I dunno, I guess so."

I said, "The consignee is me. If you want to pay me to expedite it, I'll run that load, but you'll have to call Load One and book it, then I'll have to go In-Service, and they'll probably give it to another driver who's been sitting longer than me."

They all laughed and the first guy said, "Back up the ramp."

But I got my TV and it's awesome. :D

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Yeah, probably not on the same level, but I had the same kind a day yesterday. My gnarly TV stand arrive by UPS, and it was TOR UP. It had been dropped (maybe off the dock) and gouged and gored and maybe run over by another skid full of freight. They managed to replace about half the cardboard box with packing tape. But sometimes the box is a wreck and inside the box is just fine.

Newp.

One of the frame rails was badly scratched, and one of the shelf supports was bent more than an inch. Any shelf on that set of supports would look like the downhill off Monteagle. These are thick, heavy 1-inch steel tubing supports. Took a lot of force to do that. Amazingly, the three 45-pound glass shelves were pristine.

So, I packed it all back up (that was a hoot) and they came and got it. A replacement is on its way.

But I'm also wondering where my TV is. It was shipped well over a week ago. Estes Forwarding Worldwide handled the logistics, and the tracking number showed it arrived on Monday night - "On-Hand At Destination" - which means it's right where it's supposed to be waiting on home delivery. I've been expecting a call all week to arrange for a delivery appointment. I call Estes in Nashville and they can't find it, cause the tracking number isn't one of their pro numbers, it's an airway bill. I call EFW corporate and they find it real quick. It came air cargo to Midwest Express, who also does home deliveries. Not in an Express manner, clearly. They tell me they can schedule a delivery next Wednesday or Thursday. Sheesh. That's 9 or 10 days from when they took it off the plane! Good grief, man, I'll just come down and get it (even though it's at the airport... at air cargo... and I'm OOS... I'm a glutton for it I guess).

But it wasn't bad. At least I didn't have to sit there and wait for them to unload the plane that hasn't landed yet.

It was pretty funny when I got there. They saw me pull up, and I didn't even realize that I was dressed to the nines in my Load One t-shirt and Load One cap, and I walked in and they said, 'What have you got?" I told them I was here to pick up. They asked what, and I handed them a printout of the airway bill.

One guy turned to the other and said, "Are we expediting this? I thought the consignee was going to come get it."

He replied, "I dunno, I guess so."

I said, "The consignee is me. If you want to pay me to expedite it, I'll run that load, but you'll have to call Load One and book it, then I'll have to go In-Service, and they'll probably give it to another driver who's been sitting longer than me."

They all laughed and the first guy said, "Back up the ramp."

But I got my TV and it's awesome. :D

And to just think if they would of called Load One in the first place to ship their products to you, they all would of arrived perfectly, un-damaged, and on time, courteously, and professionally.

But some often choose the cheaper and riskier way to ship things....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and to just think if they would of called load one in the first place to ship their products to you, they all would of arrived perfectly, un-damaged, and on time, courteously, and professionally.

But some often choose the cheaper and riskier way to ship things....

1167748ddxtkq2xw3.gif..........yay.gif........lmao

Attachments

• 569135ey9sbfepm4.jpg
    569135ey9sbfepm4.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 94

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
A_Cheerleading_Hippo_with_Pom_Poms_in_a_Skirt_120621-194241-018062.jpg
................LOL

this one suits him better.....

$_35.JPG

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So hard to say. Mr Snappy and one other team straight down there. One sprinter up in San Antonio.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So hard to say. Mr Snappy and one other team straight down there. One sprinter up in San Antonio.

It's taking a chance for a single driver to take loads here. I took the chance and lost this time. time to start trolling north and be in a better spot come Monday

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Casper Wyoming Monday then turn and burn.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido looks good in pom poms...lol

My post not only was towards the company, but a hats off to the drivers here, who make the difference out in the playing fields as well.....we are the mirror of Load One in everything we do...

Pom-poms...skirts...whatever...just sharing my brutally honest feelings here with you all, that's all....I think qualities such as these are better than those of greed and arrogance...., IMO...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My post not only was towards the company, but a hats off to the drivers here, who make the difference out in the playing fields as well.....we are the mirror of Load One in everything we do...

Pom-poms...skirts...whatever...just sharing my brutally honest feelings here with you all, that's all....I think qualities such as these are better than those of greed and arrogance...., IMO...

My gawd man...can't you just take the joke as is?....write about your feelings?.....Try Dear Abby...LOL...gee whiz, you are no fun anymore....:p

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
My gawd man...can't you just take the joke as is?....write about your feelings?.....Try Dear Abby...LOL...gee whiz, you are no fun anymore....:p

I like the guy.... Has a can do positive attitude. Easy to look for the negative....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I must have the only home work crew that can stretch out a jobs till the day before I go back into service :rolleyes: Just down to some minor patch work in the bathroom, I highly doubt they will be able to paint it also today. But either way, the clock as expired :rolleyes:

---On a bright note, my home theater room was completed for the most part last night. Which includes a 147 inch screen, I'm pretty blown away by it :)

guido4475

Not a Member
I must have the only home work crew that can stretch out a jobs till the day before I go back into service :rolleyes: Just down to some minor patch work in the bathroom, I highly doubt they will be able to paint it also today. But either way, the clock as expired :rolleyes:

---On a bright note, my home theater room was completed for the most part last night. Which includes a 147 inch screen, I'm pretty blown away by it :)

Did you say 147 inch tv screen? As in like 12.25 feet?...with all due respect, isn't that making a pig out of yourself? ?....lol... over indulging? ?..obsession at its finest. ..lol..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app