We Bail Em' Out....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was weird once to see a Union headquarters of the Steelworkers with picketers out front...the office staff was represented by an entirely different union...OPSU...Ont Public Service Union...

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
It was weird once to see a Union headquarters of the Steelworkers with picketers out front...the office staff was represented by an entirely different union...OPSU...Ont Public Service Union...

Hahaha, now that is funny, The steelworkers arent treating us fair, were on strike.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The top tier was really 39.6% under clinton, haha i win, no classes for me, j/k.
Naw we union dudes are stupid, we cant do nothin, You know nothing about me. But just a lil for you to know,

Well I'm amazed.

.6% is really a show stopper there.

Ignore the aggregate and focus on those brackets and rate.

I think you and Cheri are still thinking that the top rate needs to be 60%?

Make them pay!

Make them pay because it is so unfair that they earned their money and didn't actually gave it away to anyone. How dare they.

At 19 yrs old i bought my first apartment building. by 25 yrs old i owned 20 units, not slums either, at 29 i also owned a bar and had 3 more apartments built. I have and stlill do to this day trade stocks and have for the last 12 years online, so yea, im just a stupid factory worker that follows around anyone who will lead me.Thank god for people like you who try to teach me, im so lost without ur advice.

I didn't call you stupid, I called your premise that people didn't get any positive results to the cut in capital gains taxes stupid. The same goes for the help it made for those who held onto their homes longer than 4 years.

Regardless, I am wondering what happened to all that property and now you are in a van, not trying to bash you but with an income like that, then it would make sense you don't need to work. Maybe ... not to get personal with your affairs, but maybe your ex took everything from you? I hope not.

Maybe you are like those GM workers who are now collecting welfare, plus unemployment, plus getting their 2 year schooling paid for, while still complaining life is too hard.

BUT if I had all that money, I would not be sitting in a truck, taking $5 a mile loads while rebuilding my life.

You need to relax, don't take things personal but also don't preach using Marxist statements that has been repeated over and over.

By the way, see what the AFL-CIO leader said about how he wants to take over the country. You all for that?

Opps got to get back to driving.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg: I do not think we should 'soak the rich', [I like the Flat Tax], but neither do I think they have shown any good faith by using the many breaks they've had to produce jobs, so why keep giving them more?
If politicians and corporate interests weren't corrupted by greed, would the US be in the fix we're in?
Because it's the choices and decisions they made that got us to this sorry point, and it needs to change - without decent jobs, we've got nothing worth fighting to defend.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Well I'm amazed.

.6% is really a show stopper there.

Ignore the aggregate and focus on those brackets and rate.

I think you and Cheri are still thinking that the top rate needs to be 60%?

Make them pay!

Make them pay because it is so unfair that they earned their money and didn't actually gave it away to anyone. How dare they.

I didn't call you stupid, I called your premise that people didn't get any positive results to the cut in capital gains taxes stupid. The same goes for the help it made for those who held onto their homes longer than 4 years.

Regardless, I am wondering what happened to all that property and now you are in a van, not trying to bash you but with an income like that, then it would make sense you don't need to work. Maybe ... not to get personal with your affairs, but maybe your ex took everything from you? I hope not.

Maybe you are like those GM workers who are now collecting welfare, plus unemployment, plus getting their 2 year schooling paid for, while still complaining life is too hard.

BUT if I had all that money, I would not be sitting in a truck, taking $5 a mile loads while rebuilding my life.

You need to relax, don't take things personal but also don't preach using Marxist statements that has been repeated over and over.

By the way, see what the AFL-CIO leader said about how he wants to take over the country. You all for that?

Opps got to get back to driving.

yea, ur right, its really none of ur business, what you do and i do is 2 different things and probably for different reasons.

And, you implied stupid telling us to take a economics class.

And cause someone has different ideas you call the marxist? name calling i would think would be beneath you, but guess not.

I dont know what he said, probably some agenda he has to say what he did just as you voice ur opinion to do what helps Greg.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
yea, ur right, its really none of ur business, what you do and i do is 2 different things and probably for different reasons.

True. But you brought it up. I hope you are still successful with it.

And, you implied stupid telling us to take a economics class.

No not implying anything, I would like you to learn how it works with an objective view point.

See there is an issue with our modern world, too much information from all kinds of sources is dangerous and opens people up to ... well ... something like this - "We have an electorate that doesn’t always pay that much attention to what’s going on so people are influenced by a simple slogan rather than the facts or the truth or what’s happening." - John Kerry.

The point is that many will be influenced by the few, in the case of this issue of the rich and how they are getting away with this crime. When people start believing one way and are convinced that their group is the only way to look at the world, then it opens them up to easy manipulation.

I've sat in union meetings, so I know that it is not all that unlikely that people are convinced easily with false information.

SO After Cheri's comment that the Bush tax changes were promised to help with jobs, it seems that she leaves out the more important part of what we went through and how it affected the country as a whole. The tax changes actually helped the country a lot, it is not obvious because most don't get how it all works, so that's why the suggestion.

Without the basic concepts of how our economy actually works, and having someone explain it with comparisons to say the EU economies, it is nearly impossible to understand how wrong some of these things are that many are saying.

You do know that many think that the european way of how business should be controlled is the only way, and a lot of them people are the ones telling everyone how evil our country is.

And cause someone has different ideas you call the marxist? name calling i would think would be beneath you, but guess not.

Well not really.

You both are repeating things that have been said over and over and over since the 1890's. Maybe in different contexts but it is all pretty much the same.

The spread the wealth thing is old, the tax the rich is old, the same with the government should be doing this or that. If you learn Marx, you learn what a number of 'progressives', a number of liberals and a number of Democrats actually mean like when they say the Bush tax cuts are unfair or they were only there to help the rich.

Marx, like Trotsky, Lenin and others all said that the only way to achieve this utopia is to divide the classes. When people care more about what a CEO makes than they do about the police department in their city - than there is a real problem. They are so convinced that the 'rich' is killing the country or the one I like is that the middle class is shrinking - which is not true because they keep redefining what the middle class is and the keep moving the poverty level up.

The real issue is truly why are the people always repeating these false statements?

Maybe it is because they don't really want to learn where they came from?

I dont know what he said, probably some agenda he has to say what he did just as you voice ur opinion to do what helps Greg.

Well as a leader of a union that actually benefits from a free capitalist society, he is speaking exactly out of Marx and Lenin writings. He is a loon as far as many are concern and he is part of the problem, not the solution.

I have a question for you, if these invaders are coming here to do jobs Americans "won't do", why is the unions supporting immigration reform that will without a doubt lower wages across the board in all labor market?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
HA! LMFAO!!!!!
Ya wanna run that by me one more time???

:p That was a good one, eh? :p It does get boring sometimes. I would prefer a good chat about duck hunting, that is FAR more important than politics. OH YEAH, I did join a duck hunting forum! Now THAT is FUN!!