We Bail Em' Out....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Didn't the subject of "banter" get covered quite extensively about a week ago? You quote me about my comment on generalization, and then ask how I am running? What's that have to do with anything in the thread or my comment?

Well you never post in any trucking forum so where else can we chat about expediting?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Well you never post in any trucking forum so where else can we chat about expediting?

hmmmm......maybe shoot me a PM asking how I'm doing then? Since we are in the Soapbox section where political talk takes place and not in the "Chat about Expediting" section of the site or the "banter" section.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
hmmmm......maybe shoot me a PM asking how I'm doing then? Since we are in the Soapbox section where political talk takes place and not in the "Chat about Expediting" section of the site or the "banter" section.

MMM Maybe you could post some hints for newbies in the newbies section or maybe pass on some wisdom in truck talk or something. You must get bored only talking politics. I know I do. PM stuff is just little fun. Come on out and contribute!! We would love to have you out in the "real" world!!

witness23

Veteran Expediter
MMM Maybe you could post some hints for newbies in the newbies section or maybe pass on some wisdom in truck talk or something. You must get bored only talking politics. I know I do. PM stuff is just little fun. Come on out and contribute!! We would love to have you out in the "real" world!!

Have I ever given the impression that I drive truck?

How could you get bored here in the Soapbox, c'mon.

Again, I think it is inappropriate to bring in idle chit-chat on a thread that is about unions.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Idle chitchat is fine, but needs to be kept from 'taking over', and absolutely doesn't belong in some threads - this being one.
When idle chitchat becomes the majority here, the interest level will drop off - it's just not what most folks come to EO to read, IMO.

As far as Witness participating only in the Soapbox: why is that a problem for some of you? :confused:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cheri,

the bush idea was to simplify the tax brackets, and cut the bracket rates, not give the "rich" a tax break. It resulted in a 4% tax reduction on the top bracket with a reduction in capital gains taxes from 10 to 8%.

I wasn't rich by any means but from 1999 to 2004 I fell into that top bracket and I saw my taxes reduced.

For the number of people who sold homes since the Capital Gains tax was reduced, it gave them more money back.

SO I would like to know how does one create jobs without capital?

Where does the money come from if it is not handed to the people?

You're telling me that if we don't tax these horrible people, then there are no jobs?

Well go learn how the economy works if you think it isn't that money going into the stock market or increasing dividends or buying up companies that works only for those who have it. There is a limited amount of actual wealth and it is the wealthy who actually provide the means for the economy to work, not the government or the poor. It is their risk that seems to work to our advantage.

As for Jobs going overseas, well that's the direct fault of the liberal mindset of taxing labor in the first place. Sorry but it is a class issue that has been created to keep people as adversaries, them vs. us crap. Look around, read things with an open mind and learn about history.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
By the way 2 were suspended and 13 were "fired" for this crap.

The UAW said they are staying out of it but an unnamed source within the local and another one in the HQ said that they plan on fighting the firing of these workers while Chrysler released a statement that they take this seriously*.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Cheri,

the bush idea was to simplify the tax brackets, and cut the bracket rates, not give the "rich" a tax break. It resulted in a 4% tax reduction on the top bracket with a reduction in capital gains taxes from 10 to 8%.

I wasn't rich by any means but from 1999 to 2004 I fell into that top bracket and I saw my taxes reduced.

For the number of people who sold homes since the Capital Gains tax was reduced, it gave them more money back.

SO I would like to know how does one create jobs without capital?

Where does the money come from if it is not handed to the people?

You're telling me that if we don't tax these horrible people, then there are no jobs?

Well go learn how the economy works if you think it isn't that money going into the stock market or increasing dividends or buying up companies that works only for those who have it. There is a limited amount of actual wealth and it is the wealthy who actually provide the means for the economy to work, not the government or the poor. It is their risk that seems to work to our advantage.

As for Jobs going overseas, well that's the direct fault of the liberal mindset of taxing labor in the first place. Sorry but it is a class issue that has been created to keep people as adversaries, them vs. us crap. Look around, read things with an open mind and learn about history.

Yea, so many in the middle class own stocks n bonds (besides being in a 401k) to be able to take advantage of one of the lowest capital gains tax in modern times, give us a break. As far as the house being sold, most middle claas sell there house to purchase another, which if you do it right you dont pay tax, so really the only one who benefits from a catital gains of real estate are investors, which are the ones that already have the money, the normal person may go a lifetime and use the capital gains tax once.

And id be willing to bet if i do my research, the top bracket dropped by more the 4%, wanna bet?

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
By the way 2 were suspended and 13 were "fired" for this crap.

The UAW said they are staying out of it but an unnamed source within the local and another one in the HQ said that they plan on fighting the firing of these workers while Chrysler released a statement that they take this seriously*.

Even a bank robber gets a lawyer.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yea, so many in the middle class own stocks n bonds (besides being in a 401k) to be able to take advantage of one of the lowest capital gains tax in modern times, give us a break.

Give you a break?

Maybe if you would read a bit, outside of retirement investments, a lot of people still own stock and they are not rich. Just because Union people don't think it is cool to invest in their own company, a lot of individuals save up or belong to 'investment clubs' or using a share building program. Let's not forget the direct reinvestment programs that seem to be popular with the middle class and you seem to forget a lot of companies offer employee stock purchases.

A lot of people saved a lot of money with the reduction in capital gains taxes because they are small investors but investors still.

As far as the house being sold, most middle claas sell there house to purchase another, which if you do it right you dont pay tax, so really the only one who benefits from a catital gains of real estate are investors, which are the ones that already have the money, the normal person may go a lifetime and use the capital gains tax once.

You seem to forget the people who worked all their lives and lived in the same house. These are the people who should not pay a dime but have been paying all along. As for those who flip houses within 4 years, they still paid any gains they made. The investors may or may not enjoy the benefit of the changes but I know a lot of union workers sure did.

And id be willing to bet if i do my research, the top bracket dropped by more the 4%, wanna bet?

Sorry Dude, you would have lost that one.

See you too need to take a class in economics and history ... maybe economic history?

Well the top bracket under clinton was 39%, the change under Bush was to 35% - I think that is 4%?

Well anywho, for you and Cheri the issue isn't making people pay their fair share as you think because that my good sir is class envy. You should be concern with things like how a senator can have an unlimited budget for their office or how they can draw a pension being public servants who are voted into their jobs. You should be concern with how taxes actually work in our economy without the lessons of some marxist in a suit with a UAW lapel pin. BUT who really cares what the CEO of GM actually makes, it does not actually cause people to be unemployed when you come down to it because there is a lot more to ALL OF IT than that simple and stupid equation that many have been convinced exists.

As for these 13, they are scum of the company and you of all people should be glad they are gone. BUT because it is an entitlement job, they will end up getting it back because of the archaic union they belong to - all the more reason not to by a Chrysler made vehicle.

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
Give you a break?

Maybe if you would read a bit, outside of retirement investments, a lot of people still own stock and they are not rich. Just because Union people don't think it is cool to invest in their own company, a lot of individuals save up or belong to 'investment clubs' or using a share building program. Let's not forget the direct reinvestment programs that seem to be popular with the middle class and you seem to forget a lot of companies offer employee stock purchases.

A lot of people saved a lot of money with the reduction in capital gains taxes because they are small investors but investors still.

You seem to forget the people who worked all their lives and lived in the same house. These are the people who should not pay a dime but have been paying all along. As for those who flip houses within 4 years, they still paid any gains they made. The investors may or may not enjoy the benefit of the changes but I know a lot of union workers sure did.

Sorry Dude, you would have lost that one.

See you too need to take a class in economics and history ... maybe economic history?

Well the top bracket under clinton was 39%, the change under Bush was to 35% - I think that is 4%?

Well anywho, for you and Cheri the issue isn't making people pay their fair share as you think because that my good sir is class envy. You should be concern with things like how a senator can have an unlimited budget for their office or how they can draw a pension being public servants who are voted into their jobs. You should be concern with how taxes actually work in our economy without the lessons of some marxist in a suit with a UAW lapel pin. BUT who really cares what the CEO of GM actually makes, it does not actually cause people to be unemployed when you come down to it because there is a lot more to ALL OF IT than that simple and stupid equation that many have been convinced exists.

As for these 13, they are scum of the company and you of all people should be glad they are gone. BUT because it is an entitlement job, they will end up getting it back because of the archaic union they belong to - all the more reason not to by a Chrysler made vehicle.

The top tier was really 39.6% under clinton, haha i win, no classes for me, j/k.
Naw we union dudes are stupid, we cant do nothin, You know nothing about me. But just a lil for you to know,

At 19 yrs old i bought my first apartment building. by 25 yrs old i owned 20 units, not slums either, at 29 i also owned a bar and had 3 more apartments built. I have and stlill do to this day trade stocks and have for the last 12 years online, so yea, im just a stupid factory worker that follows around anyone who will lead me.Thank god for people like you who try to teach me, im so lost without ur advice.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
At 19 yrs old i bought my first apartment building. by 25 yrs old i owned 20 units, not slums either, at 29 i also owned a bar and had 3 more apartments built. I have and stlill do to this day trade stocks and have for the last 12 years online, so yea, im just a stupid factory worker that follows around anyone who will lead me.Thank god for people like you who try to teach me, im so lost without ur advice.

And yet today, at 53, you're rolling around the country hauling cheap freight. Something smells fishy...

Oilerman1957

Expert Expediter
And yet today, at 53, you're rolling around the country hauling cheap freight. Something smells fishy...

Yea, who would have guessed that statement was coming. I have 6 more yrs to work, then my house is paid, Ive worked since i was 18 at GM, taking care of the apartments, Im tired, I wanted something simple, nothing that i have to give my full attention to. So yea, at 53 im driving around and i must say, sometimes it sucks, Im not a rich man, Im just trying to make do till things are in place, During my life i wasnt mister innocent and that tends to come back to haunt you when you apply for work, no matter how
much you have changed your life. So yea, at 53 im driving around in a van, oh, and that fishy smell? you might want to check your truck, hahaha. Not that i really owe you an explantion but im not a big fan of sarcastic people.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This WAS a good debate, till it swung personal...:eek:

lets get back to the issues of the bailout and unions...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think for some of these non union companies...just having the big bad wolf always in the shadows waiting to pounce...it keeps them above board...like a deterrent...to treat the employees fairly...