warning warning warning

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Detmike208, you have put me in the extremely bizarre situation of defending IRT. I have lampooned the guy on several occasions for his posts. Most recently this post with his "surely we dont want our fine men in women in unfiorms
do the right thing. Sew the seed."
I gotta tell ya that one cracked me up!

IRT has been around awhile and has posted under a couple of other names. He may spend more time on his body than his mind, but all in all I think his heart is in the right place. He doesn't always convey that via the written word, but I think most of what he has to say is important. You just have to search and work to see the meaning in what he posts.

Granted an IRT decoder ring certainly makes deciphering his posts easier. Guess that could apply to some of the stuff I post. Except that would reuire a Moot decoder ring. (intentional misspelling of the word require for a dig at Linda, sorry but I'm relentless).

Of all the E.O. members I can only think of a very few that I would not be interested in meeting face to face. IRT, kevmar or whatever he calls himself is not one of them. I would love to meet him and hope some day that I do. Keep it coming Kevmar. I don't always understand what you are trying to say and sometimes I laugh at you, not with you, but do what you do because hidden somewhere in your posts is a nugget worth seeking.

Wow, St. Valentine must have grabbed hold of my spleen or something.

Reactions: 1 person

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thank you Moot Thank You.

Hope everyone had a Happy Valentines day, and dont foreget Monday is Presidents Day.

Thanks again.

ALL RISE

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're welcome Kevin! Don't let St. Valentine or any of the dead presidents get hold of your spleen. No telling how a death grip on your spleen would effect your posts. Be cool and keep on being Kevmar!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've got a free shower coupon at the Greater Chicago I-55 Auto Truck Plaza in Bolingbrook for anyone who can get a needle and thread through a mustard seed.

DougTravels

Not a Member
:eek: And I'm venus! YUP that's me! Have long flowing blond hair, the face of Cleopatra, and the body of Venus! Yup, no lie, never ever tell a lie, uh-uh I say I am sooooo beautiful men fall at my feet as I walk by! Yup, swear it's true! Why, cause I never ever tell a lie! Venus, that's me, yup swear it's true! :D

Wink Wink, sly smile:cool:

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
Detmike208, you have put me in the extremely bizarre situation of defending IRT. I have lampooned the guy on several occasions for his posts. Most recently this post with his "surely we dont want our fine men in women in unfiorms
do the right thing. Sew the seed."
I gotta tell ya that one cracked me up!

IRT has been around awhile and has posted under a couple of other names. He may spend more time on his body than his mind, but all in all I think his heart is in the right place. He doesn't always convey that via the written word, but I think most of what he has to say is important. You just have to search and work to see the meaning in what he posts.

Granted an IRT decoder ring certainly makes deciphering his posts easier. Guess that could apply to some of the stuff I post. Except that would reuire a Moot decoder ring. (intentional misspelling of the word require for a dig at Linda, sorry but I'm relentless).

Of all the E.O. members I can only think of a very few that I would not be interested in meeting face to face. IRT, kevmar or whatever he calls himself is not one of them. I would love to meet him and hope some day that I do. Keep it coming Kevmar. I don't always understand what you are trying to say and sometimes I laugh at you, not with you, but do what you do because hidden somewhere in your posts is a nugget worth seeking.

Wow, St. Valentine must have grabbed hold of my spleen or something.

Sorry bud, but you're missing my point. In my humble opinion, you're wasting your time defending someone who looks down at me and other drivers because my waistline hasn't been 30 inches since high school. He's quite the stud. I'm impressed....but tell you what....he's still someone who insists on telling me how good he is, how bad I am, but unfortunately, Captain Physique can't put together two correctly spelled words to do it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The second paragraph of Moot's post is almost word for word what I'd say.
Having your heart in the right place counts for a lot more than having your commas and periods in the right place, IMO. There are many soliloquies couched in excellent grammar that leave me feeling shall we say, "skeptical" but IRT's rarely do. :)
I can't help but wonder how many posters didn't learn English as their first language, and I find it tough to criticize someone who may be trying harder than I am, because English is all I know. ( Well, except for a few choice phrases I picked up while living in Texas :eek:)
PS Even though I get most of my exercise bending the rules & jumping to conclusions, I don't take offense at the notion that we should all be working out - I just think "Yep, he's right" and move on. (Usually to the buttered popcorn.) ;)

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
The second paragraph of Moot's post is almost word for word what I'd say.
Having your heart in the right place counts for a lot more than having your commas and periods in the right place, IMO. There are many soliloquies couched in excellent grammar that leave me feeling shall we say, "skeptical" but IRT's rarely do. :)
I can't help but wonder how many posters didn't learn English as their first language, and I find it tough to criticize someone who may be trying harder than I am, because English is all I know. ( Well, except for a few choice phrases I picked up while living in Texas :eek:)
PS Even though I get most of my exercise bending the rules & jumping to conclusions, I don't take offense at the notion that we should all be working out - I just think "Yep, he's right" and move on. (Usually to the buttered popcorn.) ;)

okay, maybe I'm backwards...but I can't seem to get my point across, so I'll try just one more time. Whye iz it ok four somebudy to criticize the weigh I luk but I'm out uv lyne for critizysing his spilling? There, maybe that'll work

Reactions: 1 person

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
IRT... Just keep on doing your own thing. When you post an opinion, 50% may immediately agree or disagree. It's human nature. What matters is a large percentage get your point. You always make me think. BTW, your admonition about maintaing good physical health is right on target. Unfortunately, it largely falls on deaf ears. For what it's worth, I enjoy your contributions here.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Im another one that has poked fun at IRT,But you know what,if you read between the lines,he actually has alot to say.Spelling,evidently you were able to read what he has written,so why worry about his spelling.You know there are ways to check spell the words that you write.If you put a word in the google search,it will give you the correct spelling.If he had done that,and the spelling was more accurate,would that have made you feel better that Kevin likes to stay in shape.I'm one of those fat old men he has talked about,but you know what,Ive spent lots of money getting this way,and I plan on keeping it.And i dont do truck stop buffets,although you may catch me at the Big Texan in Amarillo,one of my favorite steak houses,Or in Orlando the Bost Lobster Feast resturant.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not ok to criticize the way you look, but Detmike: we wouldn't have known he was referring to you, if you hadn't told us - I might have thought he meant someone else :D

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Awww come on now be kind to IRT as he is my last friend still on EO.
Ya all scared off my other buds. If you chase IRT out of here I'L, I'L,I'L go drown
myself in the brown gravy in the buffet............hmmmmm ya know the stuff right next to those yummy lumpy mashed taters and that greasy deep fried mystery meat......get me another plate and a six pack...cant hold ten like IRT.....help me I am out of controoooooool.

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
It's not ok to criticize the way you look, but Detmike: we wouldn't have known he was referring to you, if you hadn't told us - I might have thought he meant someone else :D

I can see that I can't possibly win. Therefore, I shall ignore your improper use of the colon after Detmike, the dash after "us" and your lack of a period to show the end of your thought. You have certainly shown me the error of my ways.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
A line backer Im not.

In shape I am...

Grammer I can see you hide behind the computer and are most likely a CB Rambo as well.

When u see me out running and working out in a Truck stop dont be so cowardly get outa your truck let your self be known.

Any one here can hide, Just like there are those that hide in there Trucks and do the Unwanted cat calls on the Radio.

Like I said a pic is a thousand words.
I can back up what I say. How about You.
Take a good look in the mirror.
Me Im not a couch potato.
and YOU???
Ok, Let me Guess----To the one who posted about the company that's Not Paying Him, I am sorry that you can't post the company as it would no doubt save "Others" from losing everything they own if they would sign on with that annonymous Company, and I would you like to PM. Me... And as for Mr. Muscles? I really don't see where the Thread about a Company Owing anyone Money has anything to do with Your Over Inflated Ego!! I Believe that You AND Your Ego belong on a different Forum, Like maybe---I am a Better That You Forum, Or I am a Steroid addicted Trucker Forum.... Nuff Said:D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got a free shower coupon at the Greater Chicago I-55 Auto Truck Plaza in Bolingbrook for anyone who can get a needle and thread through a mustard seed.

How about threading a van through a Jersey barrier.

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
Had my English teacher back in high school tell me that people who correct such things outside of English class or as an editor for a writer are usually those who have to have thing right because they are afraid they will miss the meaning of the written word and be thought foolish whether it be because of a comprehension issue on there part or simply low self esteem.

in the last 35 year that has played out to be true more than not

mjolnir131

Veteran Expediter
and just so you know round is a shape !

and who ever said no man is an island has never seen me in the pool

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
For anyone who may be "spelling" challenged. If you access this site from Google there is "Spell Check" at the top of the page.