Waiting for that first load (ever)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since I have become an effluent (Ragman, please don't fix this for me) expediter. I am able to afford an aircard which has contributed to my effluency (again, please don't fix). I do miss the challenge of finding free wifi offered by hotels, restaurants, apartment complexes and even some municipalities.

Zack, it's refreshing to view the world through your eyes, as a newbie to expediting. Keep posting when and where you can. I like your line: "Good or bad, each day is an adventure of some sort". My I borrow it for my sig-line?

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Since I have become an effluent (Ragman, please don't fix this for me) expediter. I am able to afford an aircard which has contributed to my effluency (again, please don't fix). I do miss the challenge of finding free wifi offered by hotels, restaurants, apartment complexes and even some municipalities.

Zack, it's refreshing to view the world through your eyes, as a newbie to expediting. Keep posting when and where you can. I like your line: "Good or bad, each day is an adventure of some sort". My I borrow it for my sig-line?

Can I fix it Moot?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure, have at it. By the way, I once stumbled across free wifi coming from the Staples by the WallyWorld up the road at Auburn.

As I'm sure you've found if running to Canada, paying for data makes one appreciate the goodness that is wifi.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Good to hear from you Zack (even though I didn't win :p)

We were all getting quite worried about you ..... well I was anyway :D:p

Keep posting :)

zack100

Active Expediter
Got back online tonight and read all the suggestions as to WiFi. Yep - parked at McD's in NC.

I've read some of the comments made ......... good stuff !!

Originally I wanted to write about some of the places you guys named (including entire states and coastlines). I'd be tickled to go to a place called Bison, ND (now on my "bucket list". Prior to my first run, I talked with lots of expediters, between their stories and the writings of all you guys on Expediters Online I've got one more place on my "bucket list" - Laredo ! Yes, that's what I said ........Laredo. It seems to be one of the major tests a newbie must pass. Hey, sounds easy when compared to a TX quail hunt with Dick Cheney !!!

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Here's a quick little hint if a "Password" is ever needed sitting outside a Super 8 or Motel 6.

Type in "guest" or "hotelguest".......
And then type in "password". :D

At least that was the main username & password for both these Hotels nationwide back when I was out there running OTR.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Zack, While I didn't make a guess.Please do keep posting as Moot said. We that have been out here a while at times don't look at this as we did when we were new...LOL, living on Lake Erie, I had to smile when you spoke of walking on the beach up there...Its no big deal for us, but to see that it was a 1st for you, that was cool...

So yea keep posting all those 1st...and if you run across the "Rest Stop" in Nebraska that Moot posted about a few yrs ago, make sure you take the time to "rest" there....:D

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
Hey, Zack
In case you didn't know you can get wifi for you computer for free in many different places, while staying in your truck, if you park close enough
Panera Bread, McDonalds, Starbucks, various motels/hotels(but they usually require a password)
I got very good at "stealing" wi-fi LOL:)

LOL I have found when the motel wifi comes up it usually ask for room number and name. I usually put in my first name and room 215 as most motels have a room 215, it usually works roflmao. :D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is neat to 'relive' those first months through the eyes of one doing it now. Couple of things I wish I'd known then: free showers on the Ohio Turnpike [bring your own towels] and [not free] washers & dryers. Free ice & water at any truckstop, long as you bring in your own container [and it's not an ice chest]. "The Next Exit" - best reference book I've found, lists everything [food, motels, gas, WalMarts, malls, EVERYTHING at every exit on every interstate - plus the mile markers where the rest areas are [free internet at the ones in Iowa].
Oh, and when you get to Laredo, notice the train tracks between the Pilot and the interstate - it's not the place to park if you may need to leave in a hurry, lol.
Please keep posting, Zack - it makes us feel smart, ok? :D

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Re: Waiting for that first load (ever) WINNER

. . .and possibly get back into this wonderful forum to see what you WACKO's have written !!!!!!

HEY!
He called us WACKO"S.

That's the nicest thing i've been called in a while.

Thank you. :D

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Re: Waiting for that first load (ever) WINNER

HEY!
He called us WACKO"S.

That's the nicest thing i've been called in a while.

Thank you. :D

Want a tissue :rolleyes:

sniff sniff .... it is good to be recognised isn't it

Just as long as EO doesn't changed to Wacko's Online - I don't think I would like that

:D:p

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
It is neat to 'relive' those first months through the eyes of one doing it now. Couple of things I wish I'd known then: free showers on the Ohio Turnpike [bring your own towels] and [not free] washers & dryers. Free ice & water at any truckstop, long as you bring in your own container [and it's not an ice chest]. "The Next Exit" - best reference book I've found, lists everything [food, motels, gas, WalMarts, malls, EVERYTHING at every exit on every interstate - plus the mile markers where the rest areas are [free internet at the ones in Iowa].
Oh, and when you get to Laredo, notice the train tracks between the Pilot and the interstate - it's not the place to park if you may need to leave in a hurry, lol.
Please keep posting, Zack - it makes us feel smart, ok? :D

You can always go out the back way and avoid the trains or any other conjestion.