Vicious Storm; Are All Expediters Well?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Thirty five people are dead in six states from a vicious storm that moved from Oklahoma through Virginia. Are all expediters well? Any trucks damaged or involved?

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Been pushed around on the road from heavy winds, but still going south of the motor city.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
We didn't find out until last night that a tornado had touched down at home.
Our local supermarket is gone and 1 person has died :(

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We missed the storm, we were able to get south of it, on our way to Laredo. No problems at home. Hope all are well.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I am with TennTrucker...the wind south of Detroit is bad...hope it isn't like this all the way to Ala....:rolleyes:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We saw it all on the news as we are at home taking a much needed break. A lot of damage, death and destruction across the storms path.
The weather has been beautiful here in north Florida. High around 80 and just a little rain on Friday.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We hit some high winds in OK on Thursday but missed it all. Spring in the U.S. is a dangerous time of year. Sitting in the desert heat now. Few weather concerns except maybe a sandstorm to worry about.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
In Phoenix for the last week it has been relatively cool evenings (down in the 50's) and during the days its getting up to mid 90's. Very sunny, little wind.

tbcabs

Seasoned Expediter
Sitting here in Bowman, South Carolina. Had very little rain yesterday but was very windy. Got lucky was supposed to be bad here

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I followed it across I-40 Friday night. When I would get close enough to start seeing lightening and get a little rain, I would stop for a while. Luckily, the load had just enough time on it that I was able to kill about 3 hours stalling and still deliver on time in Spartanburg Sat morning. It was a little stormy here until noon, alot of wind, but worked out great.

It's tough out here....heck, we just came out of a bad winter, now we're having to dodge tornadoes!

Monty

Expert Expediter
I delivered Milwaukee Saturady afternoon, I was truly "a sailor on a concrete sea" as I came north on I-65 ..... I didnt drive this thing, I tacked into the wind!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Wow! The news reports now say 43 dead from this storm that spawned over 100 tornados.

Some of the deaths were in Virginia but nowhere near Wytheville where Diane and I were laid over when the storm passed through. We saw only moderate winds and rain.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
We got slammed pretty good here in Baltimore. Hi winds and a lot of rain. The inner harbor was about a 1 1/2' from the top of the sea wall. Minor flooding, downed trees and power lines. A little over 14k without power. Some minor flooding in out lying areas. Sunshine and 25-30 mph winds today out of wnw.

Your best bet, hire a vet! Please.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
It was eerily calm outside the Kenly NC Petro. Just minutes earlier the Petro had lost all power during a barrage of wind, hail and lightning.
The few of us who had wandered out during this moment of calm looked in amazement to the south as a huge black cloud that filled the sky began to circle and reach for the ground. Suddenly it sucked down to the ground as if somebody had pulled the drain and debris flew everywhere. Our next realization was that it was heading directly for us!
We had a moment of panic as we thought there was no where to go! The Petro was now dark and closed. At that same moment, Petro employees pushed through the non functional electric doors with flashlights in hand. They screamed for everyone to run to shelter in their building! With the tornado bearing down on the parking lot they held the door while drivers and tourists ran in and were led back to the shower area.
It hit the lot within seconds and from the back area we could see out the huge wall of windows facing the parking lot. It was a surreal site to see the wind carrying dirt, trash, and building shrapnel sideways through the air.
It passed through quickly and continued north toward Virginia.
This morning the power was still out in the Kenly area as we departed to search for a useable restroom and shower. We did not see any serious damage to the building or trucks at Kenly as we headed out.
I have drafted a letter of appreciation to the quick acting staff of the Kenly Petro who acted without hesitation.

Thank You Kenly Petro!!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wish the weather people would give out the names of the town that the severe weather is affecting..not living in the area I have no clue what counties they are talking about..Just a thought.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
I wish the weather people would give out the names of the town that the severe weather is affecting..not living in the area I have no clue what counties they are talking about..Just a thought.

I do not know if this would help you but i think some of the weather radios will automatically tune themselves to the local NOAA transmitter if it issues a weather warning. I probably should have said Portable or car radios equipped with this feature

jimmy

Last edited:

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Re: Vicious wow

wow what the heck is going on floods & bush fires in australia tidal waves in japan just come out of a nasty winter here now this at the weekend .
well do not know if others got my views but i would gladly
donate my time to help out these folks in nc va for getting food tents generators water or anything else down to these folks wow i was only in that lowes store in sanford nc on thursday night . but if LOAD 1 rang me and ask would i get stuff down to these folks i would in a second it is not always about making money if i could help in this small way i would
wombat

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just like last week another system tomorrow here...3-5 in of snow and it is heading east for another round of tornados...keep an eye out.