Van stolen...please help

bbrooks

Seasoned Expediter
Hello:

I am a owner of a 2000 dodge b3500 van. My diver has went missing on 3/4/09. She has had no contact with us or Bolt. The van is taged in Michigan, white, extended and orriginally a 15 passenger van. (windowed van) She was last picked up on the gps in Bloomsbug, PA at or around a TA and they say they haven't seen her. If anyone has any information regarding this please let me know.

License Plate NO. Michigan G8936G
Unit No. B338
Bolt Express
Last person with van - Doris Leffler - WF 38yrs old - Picture in later post

The van looks like a big white church van.

Last edited:

bbrooks

Seasoned Expediter
Yea.....they are supposed to be looking out for it but I have to talk to the Michigan State Police Tomorrow and actually report it stolen. No clue if she is still in PA because the qualcom has picked her up.....grrrrr

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They could try resending some messages to ping the truck. Never know, might be right were the last ping was recieved.
Or, at least the van. I can't believe more information hasn't been gathered since the 4th.
My only hope is that it isn't of a medical issue.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We expediters cover a whole lot of ground in a day's time and there are thousands who read this forum. Diane, me, and I am certain hundreds of other expediters stand ready, willing and able to keep an eye out for your van.

Please provide a complete description and a description of the driver last seen with the vehicle. A photo would be ideal. If you do not know how to post a photo, contact me and I will help. I will be up all night tonight babysitting freight and will do everything I can to help. Check your private messages for my telephone number.

Losing a truck is an expediter's worst nightmare (or one of them at least). Give us the information we need to assist you. Not being a van driver, I am not dialed in to the differences between one van and another. Details please?

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Please provide a complete description and a description of the driver last seen with the vehicle. A photo would be ideal.
Bbrooks,

You should be able to obtain her Bolt ID card picture via your FleetVision webpage. If you are unsure how to do this call me (I will PM you my cell number) and I will walk you through it.

BTW, what's the unit no. on the vehicle ?

Last edited:

truckrnnr

Seasoned Expediter
If you get a photo of the van and/or driver,please make it available. I'm based in PA. and I have 10 vehicles that do nothing but run PA. every day,and I have customers in the Bloomsburg area (the Bloomsburg on I-80) If you can get pics, I'll post them in my vehicles for my drivers to keep an eye out for.
I hope it works out for you. Good Luck.

bbrooks

Seasoned Expediter
Picture of Doris Leffler

Picture of van without Bolt Express stickers on it.....stickers are on each one of the front doors and the rear of each sides of the van.....

Thanks again!

Last edited:

wellarmed

Not a Member
She also has a brown dog she says its a pit,I seen her walking it in Toledo back in Feb.and she had some bearded guy with her she said he was her boy friend.oh,the dog wasn't a pit but she thought it was and I didn't tell her any different.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here are the same photos posted in a way that does not require people to log in to see them. Not everyone who browses this site logs in first.

Update: Van is found. Driver photo removed from this post since it is no longer needed.

stolen_van.jpg

Last edited:

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I have a couple of suggestions: contact the state police in MI and PA and ask them to check her bank and credit card records. If she, or someone else, has used her cards, it will show when and where, which can be used to help track her. Did you try contacting her family (if you know any of them)? Another suggestion would be to try to get her case on the NANCY GRACE show, local PA & MI news shows, newspapers, radio, etc. Obviously this is much more than just a missing vehicle.....her life could be at stake, so I would think that the media would be happy to get involved. It's worth a try.
I have given the info to all my drivers and asked them to be on the lookout for you. I, myself, will be traveling to NC for a week and I will also be on the lookout for you. PLEASE keep all of us updated if you learn/hear anything. Good luck and try to hang i there. You now have your huge extended EO family on the trail!

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
Hopefully the FBI might be getting involved as by her job she is an inter-state traveler, and thereby makes this possibly a multi state case. State and local agencies can't always flag your credit and bank accounts, but the Feds can. Hopefully they find her and she is ok.

You mentioned something about a guy, supposedly her boyfriend, is that guy supposed to be possibly traveling with her?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I read all these suggestions and the reason I asked if the cops know about this is because they need to know right away.

If this happened a week or more ago, then the first thing you do is call the cops as soon as you didn't get a response from a phone call after a while. This is not like a family member just taking the car for a joy ride but a commercial vehicle that just vanished and it may be that she is actaully hurt.

You should file a stolen vehicle report with MSP and talk to the PA police again. Ask them if this should be something that the FBI or TSA needs to be notified because of customer base. You should let them handle it but if someone runs across the van, they should call the cops and not approach the van for a number of reasons.

I hope she is alright and you get the van back.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck, let's hope that all turns out ok. We will keep an eye open for you. Let us all know if you find her, the van or both. Layoutshooter

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I am assuming Bolt cannot pick her up on the GPS?

Have you called and made a missing persons report in the town or county she was last seen as this would be the jurisdiction that would handle the case?

Do you have any information on family or friends that may help with locating her? There is the possibility she went missing of her free will.

Did you file a stolen vehicle report? This will help locate the vehicle.

There is really nothing else you can do right now.

Tis sad to say but I am sure we all are praying she went missing of her on free will. The other explanation would be inconceivable.

antwolf

Not a Member
Well, for what its worth, I spotted this woman at a TA in North Carolina about a month ago , and it wasn't in the van posted. She was driving for an owner that was stiffing her for pay, and she was selling DVD'S out of this van. I know that this doesn't help the owner of the missing van, but something is amiss about having to sell things out of your van, drug addiction maybe. I don't want to start anything here, but I do know about addiction, and it surely points in that direction. I hope she's alright, and that you find your van.