UR CRAZY no mt $$

texastim

Active Expediter
shrt of it all, wife and i came out of a semi cause wife found it hard to handle tractor trl comb on backing and etc

she loves a straight trk and we thought we where doing great, turning nothing down and running or butts into ground 6125 first week great , on our way , PAYDAY comes , ooops wait this aint right they didnt pay us for all those empty miles we traveled.

ok let me see if i got this right, drove 126mls Empty open doorswhich required my time and labor, bumped dock, chocked wheels, secured load, colleted bills, done qcomm,and on our way to del a 128mls loaded, OK so we are told we get .48cpm didnt get told we only get paid loaded mls, i am thinking 128+126= 254 @.48 =121.92 right NOT only getting pd 61.44

something wrong with this picture not for this husband and wife team we get paid for what we do.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's right. Expediting is different than OTR in that DH does not get paid the same as loaded; and that there is usually a grace of 50 or 100 miles DH. That is one of the things drivers "eat" in expediting. However, detention starts a lot sooner than in OTR. So I would say it's a wash. Just do your best to keep your DH low compared to your loaded. 20-30% is the industry standard, I believe.

You also have the option to negotiate. Say you did that 128 loaded with 126 DH again. This time tell them you want it all loaded; as something around 100 miles will be higher per mile anyway.

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
First welcome to EO. Second, this is a perfect example of not reading or understanding your contract with the owner or company you are leased on to. You don't just assume you get payed for something, always ask. Expecting is a. whole different ballgame than truckload. Plus most things you described, like getting out and opening the back doors, doing paperwork, working the QC are just part of the job and you don't get payed extra. Now if you had to hand unload 55boxes and you didn't get payed, then you have a right to get mad. Remember, read your contract.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
That's right. Expediting is different than OTR in that DH does not get paid the same as loaded; and that there is usually a grace of 50 or 100 miles DH. That is one of the things drivers "eat" in expediting. However, detention starts a lot sooner than in OTR. So I would say it's a wash. Just do your best to keep your DH low compared to your loaded. 20-30% is the industry standard, I believe.

You also have the option to negotiate. Say you did that 128 loaded with 126 DH again. This time tell them you want it all loaded; as something around 100 miles will be higher per mile anyway.

Not true,we get paid the same for ALL MILES!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Panther pays for dh rate varys week to week but it will cover fuel sometimes but on the other hand we have percentages ,on time, inservice, acceptance which has gone to 73% you refuse 1 out oif 4 your down to that pecentage go below that # and you are put on the bottom of the list know matter what the rest of your %are , now that said they just started an incentive program thats going to give you something,idont know what be i discarded it from my email without reading the entire thing because i will never get out of laredo because ive got a low % my bad

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
If your contract says you get paid for all those miles, then you do. If it doesn't say it, then you don't. Real simple. Opening doors and handing in paperwork mean nothing. That's part of the duties of the job. They aren't extras.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If your contract says you get paid for all those miles, then you do. If it doesn't say it, then you don't. Real simple. Opening doors and handing in paperwork mean nothing. That's part of the duties of the job. They aren't extras.

Next you'll say there's no paid lunch break, either! .
Seriously - get paid for opening the doors? Gimme a freakin break. :rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Cheri, some expect to be paid to put a seal on their doors and others want to be paid to print off a listing of temps in their box, so why now get paid to open the box doors or start your truck?

texastim

Active Expediter
Guess I was misunderstood. I am saying. That if your paid. Dh. Then all. The driving duties. Go with. It. If not. You are working. Free
read my contract. An it says. I make 40% of trk revenue

texastim

Active Expediter
That's right red kw u got . It 20 yrs in trucking. I know
Expediter. Is different. Also. Know. Owners. Go broke
If moving truck. Without. Pay.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Guess I was misunderstood. I am saying. That if your paid. Dh. Then all. The driving duties. Go with. It. If not. You are working. Free
read my contract. An it says. I make 40% of trk revenue

But what does your contract say about DH?
If you don't get paid for it, you'll get paid for opening the doors & chocking the wheels & using the QC?
I don't think soooooo....
Do you also get paid for using all those periods? Cause it makes it. very. hard. to read. .

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So many people breeze through contracts without reading them, and then are shocked when the other party insists on having them abide by the provisions contained in the documents. I call it the EULA effect, because most people don't read those when installing software, joining forums, etc.

This reminds me of a classmate who joined the Navy because he was told he'd "see the world". One day he complained to his CPO about the time they'd spent at sea; after the mandatory cussing out, the Chief reminded him that the Earth's surface was 70+ % water. Therefore, the Navy had lived up to its part of the bargain :eek: :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
cheri said:
Do you also get paid for using all those periods? Cause it makes it. very. hard. to read. .

Um, not as much as some people's use of smaller fonts and less contrasting colors than black, especially when the two are combined.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
While not ideal for reading, at least Cheri uses the readable dark blue Arial Black font rather than the light blue Comic Sans that someone else who will remain nameless uses. Even if the Comic Sans were bolded that would help a little. But a darker blue and bolded would be better if for some reason Comic Sans couldn't be let go of, even though Comic Sans is hard to read regardless of color or size because as it gets bigger it gets muddier.

Veranda and Tahoma are by far the two easiest to read fonts on a computer screen. The forum defaults to Veranda for a reason. The other fonts aren't even there for primary communications, they are there for highlights and emphasis, headlines and other standout sections, not for entire posts.

But hey, I'm just here for the
broccoli danish and orange peel pizza.