Turn every school into a fortress.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Anyone can be trained to act in a correct manner, even a woman.

Nearly every adult can be trained to respond to an armed intruder. Protecting school children within the confines of a school building shouldn't be so hard to do. It is my personal belief that the presence of well-trained and armed men devoted exclusively to the protection of kids at school would do the most good.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nearly every adult can be trained to respond to an armed intruder. Protecting school children within the confines of a school building shouldn't be so hard to do. It is my personal belief that the presence of well-trained and armed men devoted exclusively to the protection of kids at school would do the most good.

I would say that may be one of the better solutions. Training teachers second best. The sex of the person involved does not matter.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There could possibly be a new wave of private security companies start up now , it will be a wait and see thing though.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are going to be a lot of solutions. Just so that they ALL come from each individual school district. This is not a State or Federal matter.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You claim a significant difference between men and women in a kill or be killed situation . So what happened in Aurora?
An accurate answer to this question would require the person the question is being directed to, to take a trip outside of his own personal universe of "Mayberry" ... :rolleyes:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
so you have this right to carry......where are you going?....

I mean.....you can't go into a government building...most public buildings ban guns....most workplaces ban guns....even you drivers...you can carry but can't go into the truckstop....well doh....
The most you can do is walk your dog....
Not if you are in White Glove.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sometimes it's just too easy to stir things up some. What I think doesn't matter and while I'd like to think we've never had a regime that would stoop so low I believe the current regime stoops more than any other in history.

well, obviously it does or you are just rambling aimlessly. sorry but it bordered on, oh, who am i trying to fool, unintelligent.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I just ordered this from a guy in Monroe , Mich. I think he fishes and hunts ducks, but I could be wrong....................if u have a sack of tators, ur good to go.

An electric Golf Cart converted into a fully functional armored assault vehicle. Top speed is 18mph, seats 2, a driver and a gunner. The turret rotates 360 degrees, equipped with a PVC pipe spud gun, firing a potato or a small foam ball about 400ft. A 12volt car battery powers 3 sets of lights (interior, exterior, flood), and it also powers a small stereo system for your iPod or phone. completely custom built, and combat ready.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Looks like we've finally done it: come together [in our own special ways] and solved the problem. ;)
Now we just need to convince the conservatives to spend money on mental health issues, and liberals to face the reality that gun control controls only the law abiding among us, which endangers the rest of us further.
Oh - and convince Aristotle that men aren't the answer, because, really: how many of the mass murderers were women?
:rolleyes:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I disagree to this! Teachers work with kids, and kids are courious, so having guns in the class room would be unsafe to all. Also first reaction is get cover, not aim and shoot. it is nature.
I'm thinking that would depend on how many times you've been shot at.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We must toughen security in our schools. We should welcome ideas from all political spectrums on school safety. It is a fact that the education system in the United States is largely controlled by those favoring liberal ideology. There's no getting around certain facts. Certainly, people of all persuasions share a common interest in defending children entrusted to school teachers and administrators. There will be hundreds of good ideas from every corner. Let's get about the business of actually defending school kids in a meaningful way.

I couldn"t agree more. I just took issue with the calling for the liberals to offer ideas, when it should be all offering ideas.

Thank you very much.;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Only 2 on the list opened fire on a roomful of people, and both were aiming at coworkers, subsequent to an employment grievance. The rest were 'thrill killers', [the women usually in concert with a man], or mothers who killed their own children.
There have been zero women who shot people [including children] in one episode of horrific violence, as the shootings of the past 10 years have been. I am sure there will be, because why not? I just said that so far, all the mass murderers [apparently for publicity?] have been males.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Only 2 on the list opened fire on a roomful of people, and both were aiming at coworkers, subsequent to an employment grievance. The rest were 'thrill killers', [the women usually in concert with a man], or mothers who killed their own children.
There have been zero women who shot people [including children] in one episode of horrific violence, as the shootings of the past 10 years have been. I am sure there will be, because why not? I just said that so far, all the mass murderers [apparently for publicity?] have been males.

That was just one list of many. Sex does not matter when it comes to horrible actions. Not to worry, women will join in soon.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Here in the St Louis school districts are talking with police about ways to improve security and police have already started extra patrols around schools. THe police chief of St Louis county is calling for school teachers ,principals, etc to be trained and armed while at the same time the mayor of St Louis city is calling on Pres Obama to use executive orders to ban assault guns and high capacity mags

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here in the St Louis school districts are talking with police about ways to improve security and police have already started extra patrols around schools. THe police chief of St Louis county is calling for school teachers ,principals, etc to be trained and armed while at the same time the mayor of St Louis city is calling on Pres Obama to use executive orders to ban assault guns and high capacity mags

The mayor sounds like an anti-American, just like Obama is. The other ideas sound like a step in the right direction.