Trucker strike

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only historical facts that are pertinent to the discussion of a truckers' strike are NOT related to Obama, or education, or conservative/liberal ideology - period.
Sorry you can't see that, but not surprised, as you manage to make almost every subject about Obama and the government's failures, no matter what it started out as.

Sorry you have NO idea, in historical terms, what the difference between a "Liberal" and an "Conservative" is. That is EXACTLY why we are in the mess we are in today.

The "truckers strike" was not. It was a farce. It had NOTHING to do with "conservatives" or "liberals".

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the Trucker's Strike is/was to have a chance, keep it to truckers issues. The instant you make it a grab-bag like the Occupy movements, you lose any reason for truckers to break from their usual routine to take part in it. Certainly, I can't be the only one not willing to stick my neck out for every political beef you might find at the Flying J.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
But seriously: are you aware that the organizer Zeeda whatshername is a conservative who believes Obama is a Muslim

Since Obama is an ULTRA conservative, well, why would conservatives fight each other?

It doesn't help when you use outmoded definitions, especially when they've essentially flipped.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No, it just proves that most people in this country never took, or passed, a history class.

It proves nothing of the sort, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic under discussion. Nothing. At All. Nada. Bupkas. ZIP!

There was NO political comment made, just pointing out of historical facts. Sorry you can't see that. This is EXACTLY why the federal government has NO business in education. (indoctrination)

I'm sorry you're apparently off your meds and typing utter gibberish again - unless the reference to education is meant to explain your incoherence.
Whatever. Nice job of derailing the thread, though.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry you have NO idea, in historical terms, what the difference between a "Liberal" and an "Conservative" is. That is EXACTLY why we are in the mess we are in today.
And there you have it. If only Cheri knew the difference, in historical terms, the difference between "Liberal" and "Conservative" we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all your fault, Cheri. Go to your room.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, I'm in my room. Because I like it here, not because I don't know the difference between Conservative and Liberal in a historical sense - because, as it happens, I do know. So please elucidate on what the evolving meaning of words from long ago to now ['gay' being the best known example] has to do with this thread. Or the truckers protest. Or anything at all, even.
It reminds me of my favorite sig line: "Some people speak because they have something to say. Others because they have to say something."

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
The Liberal, or Cobservative viewpoint isnt really the issue is it guys and gals, it was supposed to be a trucking strike for better conditions, wages, detention, rules and regs....but this is the list of demands, from a Internet radio DJ who cant talk without cursing, and a former truck stop concert singer...and for me this list is no different then wahts happening in DC today except most of this is total BS....Impeach Obama. Arrest Congress, blah blah blah.....this is DIATRIBE....not Demands to improve OUR industry....even though some here dont like POTUS/CONGRESS/GOVERNMENT we still do it better then many countrys, albeit its getting a bit crazy, but not as crazy as these demands...

Doswell, Va. – Zeeda Andrews of Truckers for the Constitution just gave press a list of five demands that the group plans to deliver to Representative Louie Gohmert (R., Texas). The document begins by suggesting that “Barry Soetoro, aka Barack Obama” is ineligible to be president because “his documents” are “forgeries”. Here’s that paragraph:

From 2003 to 2008, several members of Congress introduced legislation, attempting to change Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution on eight separate occasions to make it possible for Barack Obama to meet the eligibility requirements for the office of president. Of which, a legal investigation has proven that his documents provided are forgeries, which is a felony offense.

The document then says that President Obama, “with the help of corrupt politicians, and individuals in authoritative positions” is working to eliminate the rights protected in the Constitution. “Today, we again face another day in which we must declare our freedom, from yet another tyrannical, abusive form of government,” the document reads. ”We are here, to send a resounding affirmation. We are here, to breathe life back into our Constitution. We are here, to declare our independence.”

It continues with criticism of the National Defense Authorization Act, the Affordable Care Act, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Transportation Security Administration. It also says the White House is violating the War Powers Act.

The document’s discussion of the Department of Homeland Security goes as follows:

The Department of Homeland Security is a non-military security force, which is violating the Constitution by using tax money to build a standing army, on American soil, training to engage with the American People.

And after charging that the administration is violating the War Powers Act, the document says this:

They have illegally put our military in a “War Zone” where they currently, guard opium productions and transport, police the people of other countries based on US law, they get authorization for military action from the United Nations Security Counsel, which is High Treason, and they are exposing, and administering experimental, psychotropic, mind altering drugs for control over soldiers during secret, clandestine operations.

Oh and if you look hard enough you can find claims that Zeeda makes that Obama is Osama Bin Laden, replaced by a Seal Team six secret coup, that Lizard Kings run the Governement secretly, and well all be living in Fema camps and under Martial law and on and on....Conspiracy stuff is interesting if its got some basis in facts, not rumors, innuendo, and hate filled rants from guys who couldnt even change the oil in a truck !!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks, PP. That's the point I was trying to make, before the convo got sidetracked with an off topic [and truly loony] comment: the organizers and spokespersons for the "trucker's Ride for the Constitution" are tinfoil hat wearing crazies. With 'friends' like that, we're just giving people who dislike and/or distrust us more ammunition. And that's the last thing we need right now.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
the organizers and spokespersons for the "trucker's Ride for the Constitution" are tinfoil hat wearing crazies. With 'friends' like that, we're just giving people who dislike and/or distrust us more ammunition. And that's the last thing we need right now.

I wouldn't worry about that too much, Cheri. Most Americans heard little or nothing about the strike, and what they did hear has long since been forgotten. It got more coverage in the trucking press but made zero public impact.

The strike itself got more air time and column inches before it happened. On the days it was supposed to happen, nothing happened. There was hardly any reporting about it at all, and what reporting there was said the strike did not materialize. You would be hard pressed to find a non-trucking American who identified the strike organizers by name, let alone identify them as truck industry leaders.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
a strike is a bad thing, a slow down is better people still work and make money and get there point across
that is how they do things in japan and it works great
so run speed limit and don't speed, run logs by the book don't cheat on them take break when you need them, in const zone slow down and run 5 under speed limit
and have what you want to say to press and tv and public and be something they will be able to support and it will work
it did in ohio in 96 we called the local tv station and told them what we were doing and they support it