truck size question

zorry

Veteran Expediter
An honest dealer would explain how it works. They would be "partners" in the spec process, not just sales people.

If almost everything he sells is over length, don't you think explaining that they can't do it properly would hurt sales ?
Without sales they wouldn't be there to " help" you.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
True. Virginia is the one we had come out and measure the most.

Virginia has moved way up in the company since you've been here.

Last edited:

Lisa2162

Active Expediter
I really hope the dealer really never gave you the impression that this would fly as a D.
Of course, I may be out of touch. My first FedEx truck was called a C for about 45 minutes.
I got it rebranded a D. I had the ability to carry my pallet jack under the body and the 24 pads in my second sleeper. (Truck had 2 sleepers.) I had to prove I could load 20' of cargo..
Also, back then a D had to carry 13,000 #.
Yes, FedEx changed the classification of the truck 3 times, first as Dr, then a Cr, just to become a Dr again. Considering all the changes they are going through lately, we were not surprised.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If almost everything he sells is over length, don't you think explaining that they can't do it properly would hurt sales ?
Without sales they wouldn't be there to " help" you.

IF I decide to buy a truck, I want to know which dealer this is, so I know who to avoid.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll pm you. I bet you, 99 to 1 that with three guesses I can nail it. You on ?

LOL! I have little doubt of that. However, IF it is true that the dealer in question IS putting out most trucks in violation, the name of that dealer SHOULD be known so that others may avoid the hassles.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I'm very curious as to what this truck weighed.
12,000 steer, probably 21,000 rears.
Fuel of fuel, equipment, a team and their personal gear, it had to be close to capacity already..

I talked to a guy that picked up a new truck and found out he had about 300# payload capacity. :eek:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Wait ! The dealer said he AND his competitor both do it !
If he's telling the truth, WHY TRUST HIM ?
If he's lying, WHY TRUST HIM ?

Social media is not always kind to dealers. :)

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Slightly off topic.
BUT since there's so many knowledgeable persons chiming in here I have a question.
There are a ton of class 8's around here hauling seed & fertilizer. Some with the straight stacks, tube style. No curve at the top. How do they keep rain\snow what ever from accumulating at the bottom curve?.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Park inside or under a canopy.
Put coffee cans or buckets over them when parked.
They make a hinged cover, opened by the exhaust pressure.
And some people really don't care.
When you start the truck with the rain water in it blows black,acidic soot all over.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And some people really don't care.
When you start the truck with the rain water in it blows black,acidic soot all over.

And the truck next to them then takes a ride to the truck wash.