Tragic Death for American Military Hero

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The veracity of your statements, and your credibility, are questionable ... at best ...

Do you REALLY believe that I care what you think about my statements? Hardly. As to why, well, I am not in a mood to be banned tonight, let's just say you lack a certain credibility as well, so we can call it even. So drop the personal crap, it's old.

Maybe you should switch to "Ping -A -T's" They may work better for you.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
But wouldn't you rather take the word of people that weren't there
A number of people who were there dispute that there were any significant quantities of WMD's ...

and that are arguing against facts begrudgingly reported by the liberal media,
Link it if ya got it ... :rolleyes:

or documents that were leaked to and posted by a website that loves making the government look bad?
So because some government document has been revealed by Wikileaks, that therefore means that it should be taken as gospel, in terms of conclusions drawn in it ? (perhaps by untrained or unqualified personnel ?)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We know unquestionably that Saddam had WMDs, because we sold them to him. We just didn't know what all he did with them. What has never been found or accounted for, anywhere or in any form, are any of the WMDs that were used to justify the invasion in the first place. Starting, or believing, that the all-elusive WMDs we were after were, in fact, found, is incorrect.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We know unquestionably that Saddam had WMDs, because we sold them to him. We just didn't know what all he did with them. What has never been found or accounted for, anywhere or in any form, are any of the WMDs that were used to justify the invasion in the first place. Starting, or believing, that the all-elusive WMDs we were after were, in fact, found, is incorrect.

I think that what is going to come out, IF the WMD's that were moved, into Syria from Iraq, can FINALLY be recovered, is that the the bulk of them, not all, are of Russian manufacture, or were manufactured in China under license from Russia.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Do you REALLY believe that I care what you think about my statements?
Whether you care or not makes very little difference to me ...

What is important though from my perspective is to point out your unsubstantiated statements ... and to remind everyone that you (self-admittedly) seem take a particular (perverse) pleasure in lying (... to phone pollsters ... and perhaps others ...)

As to why, well, I am not in a mood to be banned tonight, let's just say you lack a certain credibility as well, so we can call it even. So drop the personal crap, it's old.
Sure, okay, whatever ... Mr. "Was Well Known" ...

Nah ... I'd much prefer a jerk bait from Grandma's ... in this particular instance the 9" "Tiger Clown" might be appropriate:

img_3887_1480_detail.jpg

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Do you REALLY believe that I care what you think about my statements? Hardly. As to why, well, I am not in a mood to be banned tonight, let's just say you lack a certain credibility as well, so we can call it even. So drop the personal crap, it's old.

When the veracity of your statements consists of what some guys said at your hunting camp, questioning your credibility isn't 'personal crap', it's what anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would do, automatically. Accepting hearsay as fact is not how intelligent people form conclusions, no matter how much they happen to personally like the source. Or not - it shouldn't matter, either way.
Personal crap describes your first question pretty well, though. The fact that you can't seem to tell the difference between questioning one's statements and 'personal crap', or between statements supported by cited sources and hearsay, is just sad, really.

:confused:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

When the veracity of your statements consists of what some guys said at your hunting camp, questioning your credibility isn't 'personal crap', it's what anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe size would do, automatically. Accepting hearsay as fact is not how intelligent people form conclusions, no matter how much they happen to personally like the source. Or not - it shouldn't matter, either way.
Personal crap describes your first question pretty well, though. The fact that you can't seem to tell the difference between questioning one's statements and 'personal crap', or between statements supported by cited sources and hearsay, is just sad, really.

:confused:

Cheri, you have no clue. MAYBE you should go down to the VA and talk to a few hundred with FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE as I have, then come back and then tell me about "hear say".

Below is a link for a place for you to start. I am concerned you a selling yourself short by not finding out more from more than one or two sources and, from some of the things you say, no first hand sources. Your choice to be sure but there is a lot of light to be shown on this subject if you choose to look for it.

I am not trying to insult you, I just believe you are being misinformed.

VA Voluntary Service Home

ANOTHER good source to find out FIRST HAND information from those who were there, is here. This is an amazing site with I don't even know how many first hand accounts that were just pages in history book to most people.

Spend about a year working on this and get back to me. I would be surprised if you did not have a different point of view.

Veterans History Project (Library of Congress)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Don't waste your time, it no longer works.

If by "it" you mean getting you to acknowledge any deficiencies of actual facts in your comments, it never has. Challenges are ignored, replied to with tangenital issues and/or non sequitors, evasion, and finally, a refusal to continue by declaring it "silly".
Still, it might be helpful for others reading to know what is expected in a reasonable debate. It's for their benefit I keep trying.

Well, that and a congenital inability to ignore horsehockey when I see it. :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If by "it" you mean getting you to acknowledge any deficiencies of actual facts in your comments, it never has. Challenges are ignored, replied to with tangenital issues and/or non sequitors, evasion, and finally, a refusal to continue by declaring it "silly".
Still, it might be helpful for others reading to know what is expected in a reasonable debate. It's for their benefit I keep trying.

Well, that and a congenital inability to ignore horsehockey when I see it. :rolleyes:

First off, was not talking to you there.

Reasonable debate? AFTER you spend the time at the places I suggested come back and we can talk.

I am NOT looking to pick a fight with you. I believe you are an intelligent, caring, person, who has been badly mislead.

You can choose to seek the truth if you wish or continue down the path you are on.

I have given you two important and valid resources. The rest it up to you. I can do no more.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Los: I've talked to thousands of truckers, and don't feel like I am any kind of knowledgeable regarding the 'big picture' of trucking.
Nor do I think thousands of soldiers are better informed than the higher ups and the journalist-observers who are quoted in the material from which my conclusions are drawn.
The eagle sees what the ant can't even imagine.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I believe you are an intelligent, caring, person, who has been badly mislead.
The statement above might have some actual degree of credibility (or maybe more accurately, sincerity ...) associated with it - at least in terms of having the benefit of having the experience of having been mislead ...

In that regard it is certainly stated from a position of some authority in regards to that subject (being mislead) ...

I mean, after all, this statement was made someone now regularly denounces government as the epitome of evil ... but who spent most of their adult life in service of it ...

Of course, that doesn't actually mean that the sentiments/conclusions expressed are in any way accurate with respect to whom the comments are being directed at ...

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Los: I've talked to thousands of truckers, and don't feel like I am any kind of knowledgeable regarding the 'big picture' of trucking.
Nor do I think thousands of soldiers are better informed than the higher ups and the journalist-observers who are quoted in the material from which my conclusions are drawn.
The eagle sees what the ant can't even imagine.

I feel sorry for you then. There is no point in speaking with you. You are free to continue to ridicule as you see fit. IF you ever choose to broaden your horizons, I will always be here to help. There is FAR more out there than you may believe.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You really do a have sense of humor!

First off, you are right! I DO have wonderful sense of humor.

Second, IF I were not willing to broaden MY horizons and question myself I would not be driving a truck right now. I would have stayed on to retire from NSA, no matter what they, or more accurately, those in charge of them were doing. I would now be bringing in a $45,000 dollar a year pension. I would not be able to respect my self, but for many these days, that does not matter, does it?

When you go around spouting off about people you don't know you tend to get your foot in your mouth.

I am PROUD of my service and PROUD of my actions that ended it. When I wanted information on what is going on now I sought out those who were there. I KNOW the press and the "higher ups" cannot be trusted.

SO, you go ahead, smart off all you want. It must make you feel good to smart off to those who you don't know or have never met. Enjoy.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You know what I'm wondering ?

It's whether we have the makings of another research/white paper project for someone on the subject of WMD's in Iraq ... ala the "How Lying To The American People To Enable Going To War In Iraq Defended The Constitution" white paper that our resident Puritan is (assumedly) currently working on ...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Smart off? What is this, 1955?
You're the one who puts yourself out here, feeling the need to turn every thread into your political sky is falling agenda. So stomp your boots all you want, but to claim your horizons are anything but flat is laughable.