Tragic Death for American Military Hero

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A sad story regarding former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle:
STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) — Decorated Iraq war veteran Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author, was shot and killed at a Central Texas gun range on Saturday...

A glance at the life of Chris Kyle, ex-Navy SEAL
Considering the popularity of the central figures in fiction by authors like Vince Flynn, Lee Child and Brad Thor, Kyle was the real deal. He and one of his friends were killed by a fellow Marine vet who allegedly was suffering from PTSD. Kyle leaves behind a wife and two young children.

Fellow Texan Sen. Ted Cruz voiced condolences on Twitter, while another fellow Texan - Ron Paul - tweeted the following odd comment:

Ron Paul tweets about SEAL sniper's death | The Daily Caller

But maybe "Uncle Fuzzy" will claim he didn't really tweet that after all, and lay the blame on a "ghost tweeter" like the one responsible for the now-infamous Ron Paul newsletters. :rolleyes: Some people need to retire and stay retired.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Fellow Texan Sen. Ted Cruz voiced condolences on Twitter, while another fellow Texan - Ron Paul - tweeted the following odd comment:

Ron Paul tweets about SEAL sniper's death | The Daily Caller
Which part of the above referenced tweet do you find "odd" ... the Biblical premise that Christ enumerated when he said:

"Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword" (Matthew 26:52, King James Version)

... or the idea that valid "treatment" for PTSD might not consist of taking people out to the firing range ?

Personally, based on what I know of Chris Kyle he's certainly no hero ... in fact, he's quite likely a total psychopath ... one who found his true calling and who was unable to feel any remorse whatsoever about taking the lives of fellow human beings ... including, self-admittedly, women ...

Of course, if you stick a uniform on it, some folks will (slobberingly) worship anyone ... regardless of what particular moral depravity they have engaged in ...

Some of these cretins might even disparage others of a particular race or religion (who might be fighting to free their homeland of foreign occupation) as being "worshipers of death" ...

Really ?

Too funny ... if it weren't so sick ...

But maybe "Uncle Fuzzy" will claim he didn't really tweet that after all ...
I rather doubt it.

Some people need to retire and stay retired.
Apparently the shooter in this case thought Kyle and his companion needed to retire ... permanently ...

The take of Will Grigg - who is definitely not one of the goose-stepping, statist worshipers of all things military ... on this militarily brainwashed, psychopathic lizard:

The Pseudo-Courage of Chris Kyle
That kind of courage, which is conspicuous in danger and enterprise, if devoid of justice, is absolutely undeserving of the name of valor. It should rather be considered as a brutal fierceness outraging every principle of humanity. –

Cicero, The Offices, Book I Chapter XIX

As a sniper with the Navy SEALs in Iraq, Chris Kyle was shot twice and wounded on several other occasions. He is credited with 160 confirmed kills. He received several commendations. Of his fierceness there is no reasonable doubt. Whether his exploits display courage is an entirely separate question.

American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History, the ghost-written memoir for which Kyle claims primary authorship, offers convincing testimony that Kyle not only failed to display genuine courage in Iraq, but was incapable of recognizing it when it was exhibited by desperate patriots seeking to evict the armed foreigners who had invaded and occupied their country.

The insurgents who fought the American invasion (and the few “allied” troops representing governments that had been bribed or brow-beaten into collaborating in that crime) were sub-human “savages” and “cowards,” according to Kyle.

“Savage, despicable evil,” writes Kyle. “That’s what we were fighting in Iraq…. People ask me all the time, `How many people have you killed?’... The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more. Not for bragging rights, but because I believe the world is a better place without savages out there taking American lives.”

None of the American military personnel whose lives were wasted in Iraq had to die there, because none of them had any legitimate reason to be there. From Kyle’s perspective, however, only incorrigibly “evil” people would object once their country had been designated the target of one of Washington’s frequent outbursts of murderous humanitarianism.

The insensate savagery of the Iraqi population was supposedly illustrated by the first kill Kyle recorded as a sniper, while covering a Marine advance near Nasiriyah in March, 2003.

“I looked through the scope,” Kyle recalls. “The only people who were moving were [a] woman and maybe a child or two nearby. I watched the troops pull up. Ten young, proud Marines in uniform got out of their vehicles and gathered for a foot patrol. As the Americans organized, the woman took something from beneath her clothes, and yanked at it. She’d set a grenade.”

Kyle shot the woman twice.

“It was my duty to shoot, and I don’t regret it,” Kyle attests. “The woman was already dead. I was just making sure she didn’t take any Marines with her. It was clear that not only did she want to kill them, but she didn’t care about anybody else nearby who would have been blown up by the grenade or killed in the firefight. Children on the street, people in the houses, maybe her child….”

Of course, if the Marines hadn’t invaded that woman’s neighborhood, she wouldn’t have been driven to take such desperate action – but Kyle either cannot or will not understand the motives of an Iraqi patriot.

“She was … blinded by evil,” Kyle writes of the woman he murdered from a safe distance. “She just wanted Americans dead, no matter what. My shots saved several Americans, whose lives were clearly worth more than that woman’s twisted soul.”

Were Kyle just a touch more literate, he might recognize the term untermenschen, a German expression that encapsulates his view of the Iraqis who took up arms to repel foreign invaders. From his perspective, they were incurably inferior to their “liberators” and possessed of an inexplicable hatred toward their natural betters.

For some reason many Iraqis resented the armed emissaries of the distant government that had installed Saddam in power, built up his arsenal and apparatus of domestic repression, and then conferred upon the inhabitants of that nation the unmatched blessing of several decades of wars, embargoes, airstrikes, disease, and the early, avoidable deaths of hundreds of thousands of children.

“The people we were fighting in Iraq, after Saddam’s army fled or was defeated, were fanatics,” Kyle insists. “They hated us because we weren’t Muslim. They wanted to kill us, even though we’d just booted out their dictator, because we practiced a different religion than they did.”

Actually, most of them probably wanted to kill Kyle and his comrades because they had invaded and occupied their country. They were prepared to use lethal force to protect their homes against armed intruders who had no right to be there. Ironically, Kyle’s book offers evidence that he understands that principle; he simply doesn’t believe that it applies to Iraqis.

In one incident described by Kyle, he and several other U.S. personnel raid an Iraqi home, in the basement of which they discover a mass grave containing the bodies of several soldiers and Marines. For several panic-stricken moments, Kyle is understandably terrified by the thought that he might find the lifeless body of his younger brother, a Marine who had also been deployed to Iraq.

With obvious and vehement disgust, Kyle cites the “murdered young men whose bodies we had pulled out” of that basement grave as evidence of the bestial nature of the enemy. He exhibits no interest at all in the fact that tens of millions of Iraqis have seen friends and family meet violent, avoidable deaths as a result of the wars and sanctions imposed on their country by Washington. Untermenschen, apparently, aren’t entitled to experience grief and rage – much less the right to defend their homes and families against aggressive violence.

After returning from his first combat tour in Iraq, Kyle recalls, he was rudely roused from slumber one morning when the burglar alarm went off. Although this was a malfunction rather than a real emergency, Kyle’s reaction was revealing.

“I grabbed my pistol and went to confront the criminal,” he recalls. “No son of a ***** was breaking into my house and living to tell about it.”

Why was it “evil” for Iraqis to feel exactly the same way about the foreign sons of *****es who broke into their country and wrecked the place?

Later in the book, describing a stalking exercise during his training to become a sniper, Kyle recounts how he “heard the distinct rattle of a snake nearby.”

“A rattler had taken a particular liking to the piece of real estate I had to cross,” Kyle recalls. “Willing it away didn’t work…. I crept slowly to the side, altering my course. Some enemies aren’t worth fighting.”

Exactly: The only enemies worth “fighting,” apparently, are those who aren’t capable of hurting you when you trespass on their turf.

The Gadsden Flag – featuring a coiled rattlesnake and the directive “Don’t Tread On Me” – was, and remains, the best symbolic expression of authentic American patriotism. Genuine American patriots can understand why patriots of other countries would feel similar attachments, and be similarly inclined to repel foreign invaders. This is why they will never support any war that puts other Americans in the position of killing foreign patriots who are defending their own homes.

A rattlesnake defending its territory earns Kyle’s respect; an Iraqi patriot fighting on his home soil with his back to his home and the face to his enemy, however, is “blinded by evil” and not truly human.

“They may have been cowards, but they could certainly kill people,” observes Kyle of the guerrillas. “The insurgents didn’t worry about ROEs [Rules of Engagement] or court-martials [sic]. If they had the advantage, they would kill any Westerner they could find, whether they were soldiers or not.”

If that charge (made on page 87 of Kyle’s book) is accurate, it might reflect the fact that the Iraqi resistance (as well as the tactics of foreign guerrillas who joined the fight) was playing according to ground rules established by the U.S. early in the war.

On page 79, Kyle describes the Rules of Engagement that his unit followed when they were deployed to Shatt al-Arab, a river on the Iraq-Iran border: “Our ROEs when the war kicked off were pretty simple: If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see. That wasn’t the official language, but that was the idea.” (Emphasis in the original.)

Those orders were of a piece with the studied indifference to civilian casualties that characterized the “Shock and Awe” bombing campaign that began the war. In preparing that onslaught General Tommy Franks and his military planners were guided by a computer program that referred to civilian casualties as “bugsplat.” Franks had no compunction about ordering bombing missions that would result in what the computer projections described as “heavy bugsplat.” After all, aren’t the lives of American military personnel “clearly worth more” – to use Kyle’s phrase -- than those of the Iraqi civilians, who were mere insects to be annihilated?

In one of her occasional contributions to Kyle’s book, his wife Taya rebukes people who criticize the bloodshed wrought in Iraq by her husband and his colleagues: “As far as I can see it, anyone who has a problem with what guys do over there is incapable of empathy.” The trait she describes isn’t empathy; it’s a variation on the kind of pre-emptive self-pity described by Hannah Arendt in her study Eichmann in Jerusalem.

Referring to those who killed on behalf of the Third Reich, Arendt observed:

“What stuck in the minds of these men who had become murderers was simply the notion of being involved in something historic, grandiose, unique (`a great task that occurs once in two thousand years’), which must therefore be difficult to bear. This was important, because the murderers were not sadists or killers by nature; on the contrary, a systematic effort was made to weed out all those who derived physical pleasure from what they did....”

This was true even of those who belonged to the SS: Even those in the Reich’s killer elite were not able to suppress their conscience entirely. Thus the “trick used by Himmler — who apparently was rather strongly afflicted by these instinctive reactions himself — was very simple and probably very effective; it consisted in turning these instincts around, as it were, in directing them toward the self. So that instead of saying: `What horrible things I did to people!,’ the murderers would be able to say: `What horrible things I had to watch in the pursuance of my duties, how heavily the task weighed upon my shoulders!’"

Kyle’s memoir is remarkable chiefly for the complete absence of the kind of moral anguish Arendt describes among the SS. Kyle eagerly participated in a patently illegal and entirely unnecessary war of aggression against a country that never attacked, harmed, or threatened the United States. He killed scores of people, terrorized thousands more. As Kyle tells the story, he reveled in the experience, and regrets only that he wasn’t able to slaughter more of the “savages” who surrounded him.

During Kyle’s last deployment to Iraq, his unit – Charlie Company of SEAL Team 3 – assigned themselves the nickname “The Punishers,” appropriating as their insignia the Death’s Head logo used by the psychotic comic book character of the same name.

Interestingly, a group of police officers in Milwaukee had exactly the same idea. They also adopted the “Punisher” logo, which they displayed on their police vehicles and wore on knitted caps as they prowled the street in search of asses to kick.

The most memorable exhibition of what they regarded as valor came in October 2004, when a thugscrum of “Punishers” beset a male dancer named Frank Jude, who was nearly beaten to death because he was suspected of stealing a badge.

After throwing Jude to the ground, the Punishers severely beat, kicked, and choked him – then put a knife to his throat and jammed a pen into one of his ears. The victim survived the assault, but was left with permanent brain damage. The officers later claimed that this amount of violence was necessary to “subdue” Jude – who was never charged in connection with the incident. The jury in the criminal trial accepted that claim and acquitted the officers – who were later found guilty of criminal civil rights violations.

During his service in Iraq, Kyle occasionally functioned as a law enforcement officer of sorts. He was involved in dozens of raids against the homes of suspected “insurgents,” many of whom were arrested on the basis of uncorroborated accusations by anonymous informants.

He allows that many of the people dragged off in shackles were entirely innocent, but maintains that he wasn't ever troubled by that fact; he was just doing his "duty."

Shortly before the war began, Kyle was part of a SEAL unit tasked to enforce UNsanctions against Iraq by intercepting tankers leaving the country with unlicensed oil deliveries. On one occasion, he boarded a tanker commanded by a commercial sea captain who “had some fight in him, and even though he was unarmed, he wasn’t ready to surrender.”

“He made a run at me,” Kyle continues. “Pretty stupid. First of all, I’m not only bigger than him, but I was wearing full body armor. Not to mention the fact that I had a submachine gun in my hand. I took the muzzle of my gun and struck the idiot in the chest. He went right down.”

If Kyle had been a warrior, rather than a bully, he would have admired the authentic courage displayed by the smaller, unarmed man who fought to protect the ship and cargo entrusted to him.

How would he act if the roles were reversed – if he were the over-matched man trying to defend private property from a group of state-licensed pirates claiming “authority” from a UN mandate? We’ll never know the answer to that question, because Kyle’s “courage” is of the sort that only manifests itself in the service of power, and in the company of those enjoying a prohibitive advantage over their victims.

Kyle’s “service” continues, even though he’s retired from the military. He is president of Craft International, a Homeland Security contractor involved in training domestic law enforcement agencies. It’s quite likely that Kyle’s outfit will soak up a considerable portion of the roughly $1.5 billion dollars the Obama administration seeks to hire military veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan to work as police, emergency personnel, and park rangers.

Original article (containing images):

Pro Libertate: The Pseudo-Courage of Chris Kyle

Last edited:

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
A highly trained sniper is an invaluable resource on the battlefield and in the war against terror. By eliminating high-value bad guys, Mr. Kyle saved countless lives. We civilians don't have access to classified information, but if our military deemed it necessary to place a terrorist on a hit-list, the criteria for such designation was met. Mr. Kyle wasn't randomly targeting individuals. Terrorists earn placement on a hit-list through their own atrocities.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I generally like Ron Paul, but it was an insensitive comment by him. Even a moron should see that. Some Paul supporters have to defend him no matter what he says, I guess.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
A highly trained sniper is an invaluable resource on the battlefield and in the war against terror. By eliminating high-value bad guys, Mr. Kyle saved countless lives.

Agreed, he was a valuable asset and most likely saved many American lives. His anger and hatred toward all Iraqis may very well have been the necessary attitude to have in order to carry out his mission.

Mr. Kyle wasn't randomly targeting individuals. Terrorists earn placement on a hit-list through their own atrocities.

This statement seems to suggest that you have not read his book or at least the quotes from the above article. He clearly explains that not all targets were identified as terrorists. Many were simply Iraqi citizens.

Quote from article regarding his ROE's:

If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see.*

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
I generally like Ron Paul, but it was an insensitive comment by him. Even a moron should see that. Some Paul supporters have to defend him no matter what he says, I guess.

I believe it to be mildly insensitive as well; however, calling someone a moron for having a different opinion is definitely insensitive and mildly arrogant.

Dr. Paul M.D. could reasonably be considered qualified to give an opinion regarding the proper methods of treating a patient suffering from PTSD.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
A highly trained sniper is an invaluable resource on the battlefield and in the war against terror. By eliminating high-value bad guys, Mr. Kyle saved countless lives.
Assumes that everyone that was "eliminated" were actually high-value bad guys (facts not in evidence) ... something which you have absolutely no way of knowing ... as you readily admit below ...

A nice narrative to be sure ... but unfortunately it fails to examine and address the fundamental issue: In the case of Iraq specifically, we were lied into an illegal war of aggression against a country that hadn't attacked us ... by a group of psycho whack-jobs (NeoCommunists), who deliberately manipulated info and lied about it, to serve their own sub-human ends ...

We civilians don't have access to classified information, but if our military deemed it necessary to place a terrorist on a hit-list, the criteria for such designation was met.
Well, one thing we certainly do know is that The Empire is prone to lying to serve it's own ends ... the military is, of course, necessarily, part of The Empire ...

A good example of this premise in action, is the false claim by John Brennan, that there have been no civilian casualties in the WOT as a consequence of drone strikes:

Claims by President Obama’s chief counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan that ‘there hasn’t been a single collateral [civilian] death’ in Pakistan since August 2010 are found to be untrue today, following a major Bureau investigation.

According to Brennan, Barack Obama himself has ‘insisted’ that US drone strikes are ‘exceptionally surgical and precise’ and ‘do not put… innocent men, women and children in danger’.

Yet a detailed examination by the Bureau of 116 CIA ‘secret’ drone strikes in Pakistan since August 2010 has uncovered at least 10 individual attacks in which 45 or more civilians appear to have died.

The Bureau has identified and can provide the family names for, six children among those killed.

Covert Drone War: US claims of ‘no civilian deaths’

Only a complete fool or a totally witless idiot would believe that the military - which is composed of men and women who are, in fact, just like other men and women in most respects - is possessed of the righteousness of angels and would not have among it's members those who are capable of the moral depravity necessary to commit heinous, perverted acts of a subhuman nature...

In fact, we know that this is indeed the case ... based on a historical record that ranges from the slaughter of Native Americans to Hiroshima and Nagasaki to Mai Lai to Abu Gharib to the Wikileaks "Collateral Murder" video to pizzing on corpses ...

The list goes on ... ad infinitum ... and only the delusional deny it, or attempt to minimize it.

Say ... wait just a minute - aren't you the guy who claimed to be a fan of government (false) propaganda and lying to it's citizenry ?

Since you seem to admire that sort of (perverse) morality, I'll assume that you practice it privately yourself (all in furtherance of The Empire of course :rolleyes:) ... and treat your comments accordingly ...

Mr. Kyle wasn't randomly targeting individuals.
You have no real idea whether he was or wasn't ...

In fact, based on a number of his comments, it isn't a real stretch to imagine that he might have been doing exactly that, at times ...

He could be the functional equivalent of Sgt. Robert Bales ... but unlike Bales managed to get away with dramatizing his psychopathy all "in the line of duty" ... a single victim or two at a time ...

Terrorists earn placement on a hit-list through their own atrocities.
One man's "terrorist" can be another man's "freedom fighter" - a poignant reality which was readily admitted by Yuval Diskin, the most recently retired head of Israel's Shin Bet (Internal Security)

Diskin's statement is near the end of the clip:

A reality, which by the way, one who has family members serving would do very well to keep firmly in mind ... given the fact that it cuts both ways ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This statement seems to suggest that you have not read his book or at least the quotes from the above article. He clearly explains that not all targets were identified as terrorists. Many were simply Iraqi citizens.
Considering that you are addressing your comments to someone who, based on past statements here the EO Soapbox, appears to have views quite similar to Kyle in many regards, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up in terms of getting a substantive or responsive reply ...

By my observation, such "inconvenient facts" are often ignored ... for quite obvious reasons ...

Brisco

Expert Expediter
RLent:
Personally, based on what I know of Chris Kyle he's certainly no hero ... in fact, he's quite likely a total psychopath ... one who found his true calling and who was unable to feel any remorse whatsoever about taking the lives of fellow human beings ... including, self-admittedly, women ...

Of course, if you stick a uniform on it, some folks will (slobberingly) worship anyone ... regardless of what particular moral depravity they have engaged in ...

Some of these cretins might even disparage others of a particular race or religion (who might be fighting to free their homeland of foreign occupation) as being "worshipers of death" ...

Really ?

Too funny ... if it weren't so sick ...

What was said leading down to the "Too funny ... if it weren't so sick........" conclusion was not something to laugh at......or believe to be "Funny".

What lead to that conclusion was one just showing ones Ignorance...........plain and simple.....Ignorance.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
By my observation, such "inconvenient facts" are often ignored ... for quite obvious reasons ...

You mean kinda like Micheal Moore's "Inconvenient Truths"??

Again..............Ignorance is showing plain as day.................

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Insensitive to who ?

Certainly not to Kyle's victims ...

Apparently it was deemed insensitive by Muttly because Ron Paul said it and you posted it.

As for others, it can be seen as insensitive because it breaks the unwritten rule that friends and family should be allowed a 1 week grace period to remember him as they imagine he was. It is just too soon to throw out a judgement.
Kind of like other unwritten rules like the 6 foot ATM space that you should give someone or the rule that you should not go stand in line at Subway when your truck is at the fuel island. :)

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sen. Rand Paul comes forward with damage control:
In the aftermath of Ron Paul’s despicable tweet today slamming US Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle, murdered on Saturday while helping a fellow soldier learn to cope with post traumatic stress syndrome, Paul’s son, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) has told Breitbart News exclusively, “Chris Kyle was a hero like all Americans who don the uniform to defend our country. Our prayers are with his family during this tragic time.”

EXCLUSIVE: Rand Paul Responds to Ron: 'Chris Kyle Was a Hero'
Apparently Sen. Paul understands the nature of military service and the sacrifices our soldiers make during and after their service in combat. Although an increasing number in our society seem to have an inflated sense of entitlement to their "rights", these same people choose to denigrate those who defend these rights and freedoms from very real threats. It's amazing how much these ignorant parasites take for granted.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When I read of the shooting, the very first thing that popped into my mind was, why would you take someone who is mentally disturbed, with PTSD, to a firing range at all, and then hand them a gun?

The second thing that popped into my mind was not, "Live by the sword, die by the sword," but rather, "Stupid is as stupid does."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Apparently it was deemed insensitive by Muttly because Ron Paul said it and you posted it.

As for others, it can be seen as insensitive because it breaks the unwritten rule that friends and family should be allowed a 1 week grace period to remember him as they imagine he was. It is just too soon to throw out a judgement.
Kind of like other unwritten rules like the 6 foot ATM space that you should give someone or the rule that you should not go stand in line at Subway when your truck is at the fuel island. :)

Ron Paul said it and Pilgrim posted it. Let his family have the funeral without having Ron Paul popping his mouth off and waxing philosophically in public about it. It wasn't necessary for him to say anything. He should have shut his pie hole already.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Apparently Sen. Paul understands the nature of military service and the sacrifices our soldiers make during and after their service in combat. Although an increasing number in our society seem to have an inflated sense of entitlement to their "rights", these same people choose to denigrate those who defend these rights and freedoms from very real threats. It's amazing how much these ignorant parasites take for granted.

Right, that is all that needed to be said. I like Rand.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Apparently Sen. Paul understands the nature of military service and the sacrifices our soldiers make during and after their service in combat.
Yeah, 'cause Ron Paul has no idea what it's like to serve in the military.

Oh, wait....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
How is that damage control for his father ?

Yet more flaccid, delusional spin ...

The Senator has his own mind and speaks for himself ... not his father ...

He will stand or fall based on what comes out of his own mouth.

Apparently Sen. Paul understands the nature of military service and the sacrifices our soldiers make during and after their service in combat.
Those who are unfamiliar with the phenomena of inversion really should read the piece I posted from Will Grigg ... as many times as necessary ... since they seem to be most inclined to practice (probably unconsciously) the very thing that he describes:

Were Kyle just a touch more literate, he might recognize the term untermenschen, a German expression that encapsulates his view of the Iraqis who took up arms to repel foreign invaders. From his perspective, they were incurably inferior to their “liberators” and possessed of an inexplicable hatred toward their natural betters ...

Thus the “trick used by Himmler — who apparently was rather strongly afflicted by these instinctive reactions himself — was very simple and probably very effective; it consisted in turning these instincts around, as it were, in directing them toward the self. So that instead of saying: `What horrible things I did to people!,’ the murderers would be able to say: `What horrible things I had to watch in the pursuance of my duties, how heavily the task weighed upon my shoulders!’"

Oh pity me !

This may help them in diagnosing the malady they seem to be suffering from ... but probably not ...

Although an increasing number in our society seem to have an inflated sense of entitlement to their "rights"
How so ?

... as opposed to the wards of the State - those bootlickers who slavishly accept the table scraps thrown to them by their rulers that they so willingly follow ?

these same people choose to denigrate those who defend these rights and freedoms from very real threats.
AFAIK, Saddam Hussein and the Iraqi people posed no imminent threat to either myself or this nation ...

If he did indeed pose any threat, then we need to examine how exactly that came to be, and take note of those who had a hand in creating and empowering him:

diplomacy-rumsfeld-saddam-hussein-reagan-republicans-political-poster-1275483107.jpg

Oh yeah ... it was the very clowns who some seem to be inclined to blindly follow at the mere whiff of the words "patriotism" and "country" ...

The fact of the matter is that the denigration is reserved - specifically for the sub-human nut-jobs - the kind that have been show repeatedly to have committed war crimes ... and, to a lesser extent, those who lazily allow themselves to be manipulated by lies and are inclined to blindly follow those who purvey those lies ...

You'd think after the "Gulf of Tonkin" and "WMD's in Iraq" anyone possessed of half a grain of intelligence would have woken up ... but apparently ya can't fix terminal stupidity ...

It's amazing how much these ignorant parasites take for granted.
I dunno but I sure ain't the one collecting a salary or pension from the State - funds for which were extracted and confiscated from my fellow citizens under the threat of force and duress ...

BTW - I'm watching Chris Kyle on C-SPAN right - he just got done stating that when he was on the battlefield - slaughtering G-d knows who - he wasn't really fighting for U.S./America ...

... huh ?

I wish I had woken up a little sooner from my nap ... in order to have caught the whole thing ... I imagine it was quite "revealing" ... in spite of what were no doubt "softball" questions ...

The interview was recorded 4/7/12 if anyone wants to look it up in C-SPAN's video library and scope it out.

The guy apparently isn't real bright (no big surprise there) ... since he evidently makes it standard practice to condemn himself by the very words he allows to pass his own lips ...

Last edited: