"Touchdown Jesus" Burns....

Number28

Seasoned Expediter
Layoutshooter said--It does little good to give handouts and strip man of his dignity.

It was your all knowing statement of those who may need assitance. How do you know what brought them to this point? For you to look down upon them and claim that they have been striped of their dignity is not very christian. WWJD

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshooter said--It does little good to give handouts and strip man of his dignity.

It was your all knowing statement of those who may need assitance. How do you know what brought them to this point? For you to look down upon them and claim that they have been striped of their dignity is not very christian. WWJD

It's Friday, Lost in Space in on tv. I am NOT going to argue with those who only come to these forums for only that purpose. I am NOT going to argue with those who take every statement out of context. Star Trek is on next. The REAL Star Trek, with Spock and Kirk. You have NO context on which to judge. May you enjoy your self.

Number28

Seasoned Expediter
I guess it is in how you look at it. You can hand out charity, which for the most part does little LONG TERM good, OR, you can hire someone to work. Like those who made that "touchdown" statue. They at least EARNED a wage doing that.

Which is better for man? A hand out or a job? It matters not if you liked it or not, they EARNED when they did that. Far better than sitting on their butt taking handouts. I would ALWAYS prefer to see people work than support bums. Legal work has HONOR. Hiring someone to do that kind of work, in my opinion, is FAR better than passing out handouts.

Nothing out of context here, the whole thought is self evident. Those who need help are bums taking handouts. Many may very well be, others could be battered women with children who have fled abusers , people who have lost their jobs, children of bums who have no choice but to visit a church for help. How many other causes could there be?

Let's just be Holier than though and say they are bums with no dignity, Be careful ya don't fall off that high horse you are riding, Mr Perfect.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing out of context here, the whole thought is self evident. Those who need help are bums taking handouts. Many may very well be, others could be battered women with children who have fled abusers , people who have lost their jobs, children of bums who have no choice but to visit a church for help. How many other causes could there be?

Let's just be Holier than though and say they are bums with no dignity, Be careful ya don't fall off that high horse you are riding, Mr Perfect.

They did not finish my truck today. They got hammered by trucks with loads on board. They got the APU serviced and the TVAL calibration down. They still need to finish up the TCU maintenance. I sure hope that they get it done by tomorrow. I hate to miss another days work. Star Trek in 1/2 hour. How is your truck running?

Number28

Seasoned Expediter
Reminds me of a girl from our neighborhood. She had a baby when she was 14, another at 16 and yet another at 18. She dropped out of school to raise her kids. She works 2 minimum wage jobs and another young mother babysits for her and she repays by baby sitting for her when she works. She gets very little aid, but a local church gave her a minivan that had been donated. She has done a fine job with her girls, just wish she hadn't lost her dignity when she accepted the van from the church. I guess she is just another bum.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Reminds me of a girl from our neighborhood. She had a baby when she was 14, another at 16 and yet another at 18. She dropped out of school to raise her kids. She works 2 minimum wage jobs and another young mother babysits for her and she repays by baby sitting for her when she works. She gets very little aid, but a local church gave her a minivan that had been donated. She has done a fine job with her girls, just wish she hadn't lost her dignity when she accepted the van from the church. I guess she is just another bum.

My point exactly, SHE WORKS, SHE TRIES. A helping hand up, NOT just another hand out. Did the Tigers win today? How is your truck running? Getting a lot of good work? We have been busy. Hated to shut down for this work but it is required. Want to sell that Model 20 yet? I will give you $100 bucks for it if it is in good shape, no rust etc.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I guess it is in how you look at it. You can hand out charity, which for the most part does little LONG TERM good, OR, you can hire someone to work. Like those who made that "touchdown" statue. They at least EARNED a wage doing that.
"They" earned that wage by asking for donations from their 4000 members each Sunday - which would be called panhandling, if they stood on a corner.

Which is better for man? A hand out or a job? It matters not if you liked it or not, they EARNED when they did that. Far better than sitting on their butt taking handouts. I would ALWAYS prefer to see people work than support bums. Legal work has HONOR. Hiring someone to do that kind of work, in my opinion, is FAR better than passing out handouts.

When I did volunteer work, [church sponsored, BTW], it was delivering Meals on Wheels to the elderly and incapacitated - so, are they 'bums', in your eyes?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I did volunteer work, [church sponsored, BTW], it was delivering Meals on Wheels to the elderly and incapacitated - so, are they 'bums', in your eyes?

Never mind Cheri, you know what I am trying to say. Dignity is not bestowed from the outside, it comes from within. There is no point in this discussion. There is a big storm hitting this area right now. My back door just got blown open. You know what a "bum" and you know what I am talking about. Good job on running up the post counts.

Number28

Seasoned Expediter
My point exactly, SHE WORKS, SHE TRIES. A helping hand up, NOT just another hand out. Did the Tigers win today? How is your truck running? Getting a lot of good work? We have been busy. Hated to shut down for this work but it is required. Want to sell that Model 20 yet? I will give you $100 bucks for it if it is in good shape, no rust etc.
Are you Losing it? Hand up or hand out? It was a hand out that helped her because as you stated she must then be a bum with no dignity.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Never mind Cheri, you know what I am trying to say.
Au contraire - I know only what you said - and that you avoid answering questions when challenged on what you said. You suddenly decide it's "silly", or pointless, and change the subject.
Dignity is not bestowed from the outside, it comes from within. There is no point in this discussion. There is a big storm hitting this area right now. My back door just got blown open. You know what a "bum" and you know what I am talking about

Good job on running up the post counts.
As someone with about the same length of membership here, and twice as many posts, I guess you know something about running up the count, eh? Like posting 3 or 4 times a day in the location thread, having conversations with a few buddies on a regular basis, and [my favorite], posting a reply to say you have nothing to say.
Yep, you know a thing or two about running up the post count, doncha?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As someone with about the same length of membership here, and twice as many posts, I guess you know something about running up the count, eh? Like posting 3 or 4 times a day in the location thread, having conversations with a few buddies on a regular basis, and [my favorite], posting a reply to say you have nothing to say.
Yep, you know a thing or two about running up the post count, doncha?

Yep, that is what I get paid so very well for!!