To those who change shower heads

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm confused.(noob) What's the issue with changing the shower head?

Some of the boys are a little picky about the existing shower heads in some of the truck stops so they carry their own. They replace the head before and after their showers..:)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Was in a renovated J lately and someone absolutely stripped the brand new shower heads just to put on their own....the head sprayed out because of the cross threadedness...I hope those that do this have the decency to carry plumbers tape and do the job right...

Who is so selfish to change a shower head?

I see a few hotels who have pinned the head onto the pipe and you take the pipe out when you do this. Maybe TS should also do that.

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Some of the boys are a little picky about the existing shower heads in some of the truck stops so they carry their own. They replace the head before and after their showers..:)

I guess I'm still wondering about why? Cleanliness? Spray pattern?

I'm not trying to find fault with anyone's reasons or be judgemental. Just curious. It would seem if the reason was cleanliness then a new sink faucet and toilet seat would be essential also. And what would be on the shower head? I'm 6'4" and I know I ain't got the pressure to pee that high. Or do some purposely contaminate the heads? Once again, just curiosity. Not trying to be a bother. I'm considering getting into expediting and need all the info I can get.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, frickn' selfish.

I don't like the shower head so I'm going to replace it with something else so I can take a shower I like to take - selfish.

Take your shower and live with what you get. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

AND people wonder why some of these showers are crap?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL so when i pay for something and i am dis-satisfied with it, I am suppose to just "live with what you get"...!?!? LOL..:rolleyes:

Instead of whining to management, some (not me YET but i will soon enough) those that exchange the shower head and then put the original back are responcible for the condition of the bad nasty mold covered title grout at some TS showers huh!?!? :rolleyes:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I guess I'm still wondering about why? Cleanliness? Spray pattern?

I'm not trying to find fault with anyone's reasons or be judgemental. Just curious. It would seem if the reason was cleanliness then a new sink faucet and toilet seat would be essential also. And what would be on the shower head? I'm 6'4" and I know I ain't got the pressure to pee that high. Or do some purposely contaminate the heads? Once again, just curiosity. Not trying to be a bother. I'm considering getting into expediting and need all the info I can get.

I believe the pressure has a lot to do with it...and of course the spray pattern.

And always carry your spray bottle of clorax and water...and use it before you step into one of those showers and wear your flip flops anyway...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think it has nothing to do with your dissatisfaction but the fact that the removal and replacement of the shower head can damage the pipe coming out of the wall by screwing up the threads, thus making it worst for others who use it later - hence the word selfish.

If you live at the truck stop and use the same shower every day, then you may have a legitimate case to replacing it but otherwise it is something that you should live with for the price you pay for the shower.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
greg wrote:

I think it has nothing to do with your dissatisfaction

your words:

I don't like (indicates "dis-satifaction) the shower head so I'm going to replace it with something else so I can take a shower I like to take - selfish.

As for "something you should live with"...not a chance..when I pay $10.00 for 10 minutes in the shower, if that long, I'll correct my "dis-satisfaction" for the time I am there...I was a NIASE certified auto mechanis for over 10 yrs...I can change a shower head without "crossthreading" it or stripping off the threads on the pipe...:rolleyes:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yadda yadda yadda ... what ever. The thing is that you are a van driver who may care, not a stinky trucker who doesn't give a crap about how they take care of others people's property or what they do because they feel entitled or feel it is their right for the money they spend - pretty much selfish.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter

I don't change them,but ya have to admit that "some" of the showers are not the best. There are some that the water doesn't hit "all" the right places unless you stand on your head to rinse all of the soap off, so I can see why the shower heads get changed by some..:D

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
fetish, go away and bang for a couple of hours. man, ya'll get your heads outta the gutter. LOL

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
fetish: object or image regarded with undue reverence. I spelled fetish wrong, but, so what. Correct spelling isn't one of my fetishes. I guess some use a dictionary other than Websters.

guido4475

Not a Member
Was in a renovated J lately and someone absolutely stripped the brand new shower heads just to put on their own....the head sprayed out because of the cross threadedness...I hope those that do this have the decency to carry plumbers tape and do the job right...

Here in Tulsa I see the maintenance guy has put spinning collars around the fitting to stop this abuse....

There is a way to remove these so-called un-removable shower heads, as we have discussed over the phone.

If they would put decent shower heads on the showers to begin with, instead of those water-saver ones that makes it impossible to take a fast shower,or worse yet,getting rinsed off in those .....hard to reach areas..then I wouldnt change them to my fire-hose type spray.But, I never ran into a stripped thread one yet...