Thread chatter, ‘The Magnificent Seven’

What do you prefer?

• Members self police themselves to reduce chat.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Chat whenever and where ever you want.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Keep chat the way it is.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Delete anything straying from the original topic.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Use common sense and common courtesy.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Something else.

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Several active threads?
Yep several
I just said yes!
I see a whole 2
That would make several
...and 1 should be elsewhere....
But it's not.
so I will CONTINUE to restrict MY enjoyment of the site for the benefit of others...:rolleyes:
I don't believe for a minute that the only way to enjoy yourself is to post on active threads and not mention the topic.

BTW..IF anyone is expecting perfection in my quest..they can stick it where the sun don't shine....
Any honest effort on your part would go a long way, thank-you in advance.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You guys are getting awfully worked up over something that doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things. You can either choose to be mad about the chatter, or you can choose to not be mad about it. Either way it doesn't make much difference.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
you guys are getting awfully worked up over something that doesn't matter very much in the grand scheme of things. You can either choose to be mad about the chatter, or you can choose to not be mad about it. Either way it doesn't make much difference.

EXACTLY.... don't faint!!:eek:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Do I believe this? Turtle & the Diva banding together to poke people?:eek:
Listen, we've got some pretty interesting discussions going, so go away & start your own, ok?:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do I believe this? Turtle & the Diva banding together to poke people?:eek:
Listen, we've got some pretty interesting discussions going, so go away & start your own, ok?:D

You and Jim have banded together to poke some people..fair is fair....

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jim & I don't have a long [& colorful] history of taking opposite sides of the question, so that was a joke, Goober.:rolleyes:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
seems a serious joke in the big picture...

that is for one person that claims to be speaking for the silent membership....

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
seems a serious joke in the big picture...

that is for one person that claims to be speaking for the silent membership....
If you are taking about me, I don't claim to be speaking for them, if I said that I shouldn't have. I'm speaking for myself. But I have had several people via e-mail and PM say that they agree with what I'm saying.

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
I haven't been here very long but two things stand out above most things regarding this topic. One, only 35 people have voted so either it's not that important to the majority of the subscribers to this site: Or two, if someone has a fly on their head, most of the time a fly swatter will suffice. A select few are using their keyboards as hatchets to remove the aforementioned fly.

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I haven't been here very long but two things stand out above most things regarding this topic. One, only 35 people have voted so either it's not that important to the majority of the subscribers to this site: Or two, if someone has a fly on their head, most of the time a fly swatter will suffice. A select few are using their keyboards as hatchets to remove the aforementioned fly.

You should post more often. You make a lot of sense.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Poll Options
What do you prefer?
Members self police themselves to reduce chat.
Use common sense and common courtesy.

Chat whenever and where ever you want.
Keep chat the way it is.

Delete anything straying from the original topic.
Something else.

Aren't the 2 preferences in red really the same thing?
Aren't the 2 preferences in blue really the same thing?
Shouldn't there really only be 4 preferences to simply things?

Conversations do lead from one original topic to numerous other topics, just as a normal flow. If someone had to police that, and pick out posts that became off topic, even the post itself may have more than one topic in it, so that would be impossible to do.

If there are people who consistently bother any given reader with banal banter, why NOT block their posts from one's view? Why torture oneself?

To me, this IS like sitting at a table and/or mingling about at a networking gathering, where all kinds of people pop in and out of conversations and conversations lead from one thing to another.. and IF someone keeps popping into someone's conversation to add a 'hello, it's a nice day today, I spent a wonderful day picking pickles in the garden'.. what do you do??
  • Politely excuse yourself from the conversation and walk away to another group?
  • Politely acknowledge the person and immediately direct the conversation back on track?
  • Ignore the person and guide the conversation back onto its course?, or
  • Bash the person for mentioning the weather and tell them they must stay on topic and if they want to discuss weather, perhaps they could find someone else's group to talk with??

There are polite ways of getting one's point across.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Did you know that many Brits can cuss in America and not have anything negative about it said to them? Ask someone from England to say "can't"

Good morning Turtle :)

I have no idea what you are getting at btw :confused: - but then again I have not had my tea yet. :p

Care to explain? :rolleyes: