This site

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I haev been on here for a good while now and love the site and really am happy to see it growing and doing so well. Do you smell the big but coming.

but, it is getting so loaded with ads and banners and other stuff it is really getting tough for me to open and enjoy. It seems to open slowly or load slowly. I have noticed a note somewhere thats says an easier way to use or get to EO. Does anyone know if that helps drop some of the stuff that has to load.

Raceman
OTR O/O

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I've been waiting for someone to ask! I wait sometime up to 11 minutes for EO to load. I have found though that if you receive an email for a private message notification and click on it, it will open to the forum with a fair amount of speed. Save that email notification and use it to log on.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
Just avoid allowing your mouse to move into the Panther banner area and you can avoid all the "grief". :)

But, sometimes the mouse has a mind of it's own. :+

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use something called Ad Muncher from www dot admuncher dot com.

It blocks ads, popups, Web Bugs, annoying Web site behaviors, makes page loading dramatically faster, works seamlessly, and it easy to add your own filters to block additional things, as well as to allow specific things on specific sites. It'll even make julian fries, but you got to crack that sucker juuuust right.

I had it accidentally turned off today when I logged onto EO. Wow! I thought there was a major site redesign, complete with a bazillion new ads and banners. I quickly re-enabled AdMuncher and all is again right with the world.

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Whew! I figured I would get taken off at the knees over this. Glad to know it is not just me. I too use a Sprint Card and it is really gotten so bad I log on and do something else then get to reading later.

Anybody know a way to help? Sounds like admuncher is worth a shot.

Raceman
OTR O/O

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I jumped on the AdMuncher referral - I haven't watched tv or listened to the radio for a few years because the advertising is too distracting. However, after downloading the AdMuncher program, I was unable to access the internet again, till I uninstalled it. Did I goof, or is the whole net just one big ad?:+

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In addition to the other things I suggested in the PM, one other question I have is, do you have a firewall setup, like, oh, I dunno, Norton Personal Firewall, or some other firewall that controls program-level Internet access? If so, it may be as simple as telling the firewall to allow Ad Muncher access to the net.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We all get to use this site for free. I'm sure Mr. Mc cord would be more than glad to remove some of the add's if you would like to pay for this service. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here just bringing to light the cost of having this site that's all.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are right Dave, those ads allow us to use this site for free. I would love to see only the "moving" ads go away. They really slow things up. Layoutshooter