This is absurd government idiots in action!!!

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110529/ap on re us/us fema trailers ban

Its people like this that make me hate our government more and more each day. "We the people" and "for the people" means nothing nowadays to so many of them. All they care about is their own well being, votes, and taking care of their own, NOT the average hard working American citizen, even in such times as large scale tragedies like the recent tornadoes as the above story shows.

I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot and this idiot's ( Cordova,AL's Mayor Jack Scott) home was destroyed, plus he had no means to provide temporary housing for his family (like so many of these victims, he would be the first to move a FEMA trailer onto his property!!!

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
AND?

this is a local issue, not a national one. The people of the town need to deal with it in such a manner that sends a clear message to the mayor.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Streakn1 Thank you for starting this thread.

This is an interesting subject, to me anyway. Thanks for posting the link.

After Katrina in Waveland ms. the city would not allow single wide house trailers to be used by the people who had flood damage or just lost their home altogether. The strange thing is that the city allowed the camping trailers that FEMA offered, but not the way more comfortable house trailers. Whole families were cooped up in those cramped campers for extended periods of time, when they could have been in full sized house trailers .

jimmy

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
FEMA in action. I spoke to a women in Mt Grove, MO. today. Her husband is a undertaker in a town closer to Joplin. A women calls last week a day after the tornado came through. Her mother is dead in the front yard could they please come by and pick up her body. FEMA says no they cannot. The body must be removed and identified by either dental records or DNA. The daughters visual identification of her mother is not valid. Her mothers body was released this morning to the Funeral Home.