The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Newly ex-spokes mouth-piece over @ Drunken Andrew's claims Breitfart management are liars:

Breitbart Spokesman Resigns Over Trump Aide Assault: 'This S**t Just Sucks'

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And I would suggest that it's not Wonkette that's changed in the manner which you describe ...
And I would suggest ...

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and information. Occasionally, there will be conflicts that arise when people voice divergent opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. It is possible to disagree without being insulting.
And I don't appreciate the insult. My opinion of Wonkette is my own, and I'm entitled to it. You are certainly entitled to disagree, but you aren't entitled to imply that it is I, rather than Wonkette, that has become childish and less and less funny.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lemme know when someone stuffs a sock in The Donald's mouth and forcibly holds it there ...
If people are going to cause enough of a disruption that he can't speak at a rally, in essence, that is what they have done.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If people are going to cause enough of a disruption that he can't speak at a rally, in essence, that is what they have done.
Just some of the electorate making their views known to a candidate running for elective office.

Of course, if The Donald is picking up the tab for the venue, he has every right to ask them to leave ... and if they don't don't leave willingly, to have them forcibly removed by security or the police.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Sure, it could work. But it would only reinforce the notion that ill-mannered and immature liberals can get their way by shutting up people with opposing views. They are celebrating the fact that Trump cancelled the Chicago and Cincinnati rallies. They're proud of it. And it happens all the time on college campuses now, too, where it's rare to have a conservative speak on a campus, because the liberal students protest and obstruct to shut the speaker down. It's astonishing the lack of manners with liberals anymore. They scream tolerance but won't budge an inch with it themselves.

Not only that, but these Trump rallies are private events. You need tickets to get in and the event has rules you must follow. If you come onto EO and create a disturbance, you're gonna get thrown out on your ass. The Black Lives Matter and other assorted protesters have a right to protest Trump, but they don’t have a right to create a disturbance at a private event and then whine about their free speech rights being taken away. Their rights are absolutely not being violated when they get kicked out. If you want to protest a Trump rally, stay outside where it's perfectly legal to protest. If you go inside and yell obscenities and insults in room full of Trump supporters, you're there explicitly to cause a disturbance and elicit a reaction, You deserve whatever reaction you get.

Go into a restaurant and stand up and start screaming that the food sucks and the chef is an asshole. When the manager comes out and tells you to sit down and be quiet or you will have to leave and you tell him “F you! I have a right to protest!” what do you think is going to happen next? The police are going to come in and ask you to leave. If you don't, they will forcibly remove you. There is no right of assembly or protest inside of a private business. If you do protest that business, you are not allowed on the grounds. You have to stand a certain distance from the property line, and usually be on public property. It's the same with a private event.

These Trump protesters go in there knowing that they will create a disturbance and incite the crowd. When they get thrown out, they film it and the media puts forth their narrative, everybody blames Trump for fostering violence, and everybody ignores that fact that the protesters are basically party crashers, uninvited guests. They infringe on the right of everyone there to listen to the candidate speak and then have the gall to claim their rights are infringed when they are removed.

You ever hear the media say anything along the lines of, “You’re at a Donald Trump rally filled with his supporters and you stand up and start calling him names and disrespecting everybody in the place. What did you think was going to happen? Whatever happened to you should have happened to you, because you can’t do that anywhere else.”

If you’re at a private event, have some basic manners and conduct yourself like an adult and not like a 3 year old. If you don’t, you should be treated like any other person who disturbs the peace and refuses to leave. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, and I'm a staunch defender of it, but if you abuse the right, don’t be surprised if someone kicks the crap out of you.

Donald Trump should call his future campaign rallies "Job Fairs" in order to keep the liberal protesters away. <snort>

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some of the individuals that caused the disruption were interviewed. They admitted that their objective was to shut down the rally. That was their intent.
I was also disappointed in Cruz's response about it. He took the opportunity to slam Trump instead of coming out stronger for free speech.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Sure, it could work. But it would only reinforce the notion that ill-mannered and immature liberals can get their way by shutting up people with opposing views. They are celebrating the fact that Trump cancelled the Chicago and Cincinnati rallies. They're proud of it. And it happens all the time on college campuses now, too, where it's rare to have a conservative speak on a campus, because the liberal students protest and obstruct to shut the speaker down. It's astonishing the lack of manners with liberals anymore. They scream tolerance but won't budge an inch with it themselves.

Not only that, but these Trump rallies are private events. You need tickets to get in and the event has rules you must follow. If you come onto EO and create a disturbance, you're gonna get thrown out on your ass. The Black Lives Matter and other assorted protesters have a right to protest Trump, but they don’t have a right to create a disturbance at a private event and then whine about their free speech rights being taken away. Their rights are absolutely not being violated when they get kicked out. If you want to protest a Trump rally, stay outside where it's perfectly legal to protest. If you go inside and yell obscenities and insults in room full of Trump supporters, you're there explicitly to cause a disturbance and elicit a reaction, You deserve whatever reaction you get.

Go into a restaurant and stand up and start screaming that the food sucks and the chef is an asshole. When the manager comes out and tells you to sit down and be quiet or you will have to leave and you tell him “F you! I have a right to protest!” what do you think is going to happen next? The police are going to come in and ask you to leave. If you don't, they will forcibly remove you. There is no right of assembly or protest inside of a private business. If you do protest that business, you are not allowed on the grounds. You have to stand a certain distance from the property line, and usually be on public property. It's the same with a private event.

These Trump protesters go in there knowing that they will create a disturbance and incite the crowd. When they get thrown out, they film it and the media puts forth their narrative, everybody blames Trump for fostering violence, and everybody ignores that fact that the protesters are basically party crashers, uninvited guests. They infringe on the right of everyone there to listen to the candidate speak and then have the gall to claim their rights are infringed when they are removed.

You ever hear the media say anything along the lines of, “You’re at a Donald Trump rally filled with his supporters and you stand up and start calling him names and disrespecting everybody in the place. What did you think was going to happen? Whatever happened to you should have happened to you, because you can’t do that anywhere else.”

If you’re at a private event, have some basic manners and conduct yourself like an adult and not like a 3 year old. If you don’t, you should be treated like any other person who disturbs the peace and refuses to leave. Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, and I'm a staunch defender of it, but if you abuse the right, don’t be surprised if someone kicks the crap out of you.

Trump should call his future campaign rallies "Job Fairs" in order to keep the liberal protesters away. <snort>
Trump should call his future campaign rallies "Job Fairs" in order to keep the liberal protesters away. Right why would a liberal be looking for a job. You amaze me sometimes.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump should call his future campaign rallies "Job Fairs" in order to keep the liberal protesters away. Right why would a liberal be looking for a job. You amaze me sometimes.
That's OK. Your inability to recognize a joke when you see it amazes me sometimes, so we're even.

Out of all that I wrote, only the last line was humor, and that's what you chose to reply to. Amazing! :D

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
That's OK. Your inability to recognize a joke when you see it amazes me sometimes, so we're even.

Out of all that I wrote, only the last line was humor, and that's what you chose to reply to. Amazing! :D
No I did take it as a joke. But in a way like saying Asians are bad drivers. Ppl joke about that because ppl that come from Asian countries tend to be bad drivers. Or that Italian woman are hairy because a lot of them are. or that Jewish ppl are cheap and so on. Maybe there is but I don't know that there was another way to take your "joke" other than in that manner.