The Trump Card...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Shortly after Trump was inaugurated, I predicted -- correctly -- that he would be impeached. I also predicted -- incorrectly -- that he would be convicted by the Republicans who had the power to remove him for office. With the benefit of hindsight, I misjudged the Republicans, I believed -- incorrectly -- that when confronted with the high crimes and misdemeanors the impeachment articles would detail, a sufficient number of them would put patriotism above partisanship and vote to convict.

I am disappointed in the Republicans and deeply concerned about the future of our democracy.

Reactions: Ragman and Grizzly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Shortly after Trump was inaugurated, I predicted -- correctly -- that he would be impeached. I also predicted -- incorrectly -- that he would be convicted by the Republicans who had the power to remove him for office. With the benefit of hindsight, I misjudged the Republicans, I believed -- incorrectly -- that when confronted with the high crimes and misdemeanors the impeachment articles would detail, a sufficient number of them would put patriotism above partisanship and vote to convict.

I am disappointed in the Republicans and deeply concerned about the future of our democracy.

I was never a fan of Mitt Romney, but he gained a little of my respect as the only Republican to vote guilty.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I didn't think he'd be impeached, because I didn't think that even Democrats were that stupid, to impeach Trump in a partisan way. I was wrong.

I, too, am concerned about the future of our democracy, when duly elected Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee, many of whom have real, actual degrees from accredited law schools, who think that crimes that are not crimes rise to the level of High Crimes and Misdemeanors such as Bribery and Treason.

Obstruction of Congress is otherwise known as Separation of Powers. It's not a crime, much less impeachable. And Abuse of Power isn't a crime, it's an opinion.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

There wasn't any high crimes and misdemeanors. That's the thing.

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The ones that crack me up are the ones who said they needed more witnesses in order to know if there was enough evidence to convict, they didn't get any additional witnesses, but voted to convict, anyway.

I have to question their sincerity..

Reactions: Moot

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The ones that crack me up are the ones who said they needed more witnesses in order to know if there was enough evidence to convict, they didn't get any additional witnesses, but voted to convict, anyway.

I have to question their sincerity..

My guess is they thought they could convince more of the Republicans that they should vote to convict. In reality most of then knew what he did was wrong but decided to acquit him anyway.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump showed up at the Daytona 500.
A few images from today:

GleamingIncompatibleHarlequinbug-small (4).gif

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_230415.jpg
    IMG_20200216_230415.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200216_230529.png
    IMG_20200216_230529.png
    614.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200216_230522.png
    IMG_20200216_230522.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 16

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I go to my local sperm bank to make a deposit I bring a life size cutout of Stormy Daniels and never get hassled. I guess dialysis clinics have different rules. I wonder if aids clinics allow life size cutouts of Mayor Pete?