The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So the Dems are against restricting travel from Europe where 60 percent of the cases in the U.S. have come from?
Plus, they are against the payroll tax break to help those that are being harmed financially from the Chinese virus.
Anything to not work with Trump even what would be good for the country right now.
Dems are an embarrassment. A gutless choice to be one too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Uncharacteristically the word "you" has been used a few times in the last couple of messages.
Watching how poorly his royal highness is handling this must be having it's affect. ;)
I used the word "you" explicitly because I was talking to you directly. However, my comments using "you" apply as well in the generic sense to anyone with the same perspective as yourself.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, he was on it quick while the Dems were playing in their impeachment sandbox.
So long as we're talking about presidential reaction time and being behind the curve, let's travel back in time to April 2009 and the outbreak of the H1N1 virus. It originated in Mexico, and was a different strain in that it affected children as well as adults. SIX MONTHS and 1000 US deaths later Obama declared a national health emergency. Remember the hysterical media panic? Neither do I. How many pro and college football seasons were cancelled? How many colleges closed in mid-semester? Were there politicians demanding action and raising hell over lack of govt response during this critical time? No - they were busy passing Obamacare.

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So cool that Trump is filling to the rim the strategic oil reserve by buying cheap oil right now and saving billions. The previous President would be saying "No, ewwww. I don't want to buy that dirty and evil oil."

Reactions: Pilgrim and Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Fed
So long as we're talking about presidential reaction time and being behind the curve, let's travel back in time to April 2009 and the outbreak of the H1N1 virus. It originated in Mexico, and was a different strain in that it affected children as well as adults. SIX MONTHS and 1000 US deaths later Obama declared a national health emergency. Remember the hysterical media panic? Neither do I. How many pro and college football seasons were cancelled? How many colleges closed in mid-semester? Were there politicians demanding action and raising hell over lack of govt response during this critical time? No - they were busy passing Obamacare.

Perhaps ... just maybe ... it has something to do with confidence instilled by the guy in charge. Trump's rhetoric has increased people's anxiety. Trump has done such a poor job they've been limiting his time in front of the microphone over the past couple of days. Regardless, dumb statements are still spewing out of his mouth. Just last night he said we have "Tremendous Control" over the disease. The markets are reflecting this anxiety.

This is Trump's defining moment. He's not fit for the job, never has been. He can't lead the world through this. Deep down inside nobody is buying his shtick ... not now.

its-a-wonderful-life-potter.jpg

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
.....Deep down inside nobody is buying his shtick ... not now.

View attachment 19872
Unfortunately, we still have a basket of deplorables to deal with..
:wideyed:

trump-jr-1473746823.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump implements a travel ban from China. He's called xenophobic. And accused of causing a panic. He says calm down its similar to a flu. Libs say he doesn't take it serious enough. He wants to ban travel from Europe. He's back to being called an alarmist. Libs are bending themselves into pretzels with their stupid arguments.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump's short appearances at the press conferences are more about the Fake News media asking Trump stupid questions about touching microphones and not enough pertinent questions about the virus to the professionals standing behind him. Trump is making them be more diligent.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This was part of Trump's brilliant performance on Friday in the Rose Garden.

Is this what we expect from the most powerful position on earth?

"I didn't do it."
"I don't know anything about it."

" .... it's the administration, perhaps they do that ..."
" .... I could perhaps ask Tony about that ...."
" .... these things happen ...."

"We're doing a great job."

Trump is utterly clueless!

Where exactly does the buck stop?

harry-truman-the-buck-stops-here.jpg

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump's short appearances at the press conferences are more about the Fake News media asking Trump stupid questions about touching microphones and not enough pertinent questions about the virus to the professionals standing behind him. Trump is making them be more diligent.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Grizzly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

"I didn't do it."

View attachment 19874

The Guardian? Lol. I heard Barbara Steisand likes that site.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

"I didn't do it."

View attachment 19874
Facts matter:

[/URL]

Screenshot_20200316-174642.png

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

"I didn't do it."

View attachment 19874
I'm old enough to remember when Dems used to cheer bureaucrats doing things that Trump wasn't aware of.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Today's press conference was the first time Trump looked competent.
He stayed the entire time, was fully engaged and handled himself well.
High marks!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The CDC says the most effective way to prevent transmission of the coronavirus is by avoiding any exposure to the virus.

Your tax dollars at work.