The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So all this fake Russia collusion story isn't actually fake?
Has anyone yet figured out what law Russia and the Trump campaign were colluding to violate?

It can't be merely to influence the election, because the MSM, the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign colluded to do that, too.

Reactions: RoadTime and muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So all this fake Russia collusion story isn't actually fake?
Has anyone yet figured out what law Russia and the Trump campaign were colluding to violate?

It can't be merely to influence the election, because the MSM, the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign colluded to do that, too.
Exactly. I hear Charles Krauthamer(not much of a Trumper) repeatedly ask the same question about what law was broken. I haven't heard an answer yet.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wall Street at record levels despite tepid jobs report
Despite a tepid US jobs report, US stocks have eked out record highs this afternoon.

Non-farm payrolls increased by 138,000 last month, below the 185,000 expected by economists. Data for both March and April was revised to show 66,000 fewer jobs were created than previously reported.

As I expected corporate America is still in...."show me the money" phase...we gave you a few jobs now deliver the rest of the package....
and most of the jobs created were in the construction market where companies were adding people anyways for the new season...

I could quote many sources but the news is the same....in a holding pattern now....

World stocks hold all-time highs but dollar falls to seven-month low against euro as US jobs growth slows

Michael Hewson, of CMC Markets,
said: "US markets opened at new record levels today despite the latest US employment report falling short of expectations for May at 138k. The fall in the unemployment rate to 4.3pc was a positive development, however it was offset by the fact that the participation rate fell back from 62.9pc to 62.7pc suggesting that people were leaving the work force.

"Some have suggested that the disappointing headline number is down to a tightening in the US labour market but that doesn’t chime with a falling participation rate and wage growth that remains stuck at 2.5pc. The US trade deficit for April was also disappointing widening out to -$47.6bn."

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess my point was:.....This Russian thing has consumed far too much time and resources.....its time to move on and fix the country...everyone is waiting!....

Reactions: RoadTime

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Presentation1.jpg

"I'm James "Superman" Comey. My poo smells like lavender and unicorns. Whenever I play politics, I never play politics, especially when I'm playing politics."

Reactions: RoadTime

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guess my point was:.....This Russian thing has consumed far too much time and resources.....its time to move on and fix the country...everyone is waiting!....
Move on is exactly what the Democrats will do everything they can to aboid.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The witch hunts continue........................Last time it was Hillary, now Comey,, whose next"

EXTRA EXTRA----------READ ALL ABOUT IT......

LIVE BLOG: Comey says he had
a friend leak memo to NY Times

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FWIW, Trump asked for Comey's loyalty (I do believe that happened), and the most Comey could muster was "honest loyalty." Then, Comey refused to 'lift the cloud' and go public that Trump wasn't under investigation. Trump saw that as both dishonest, and disloyal. Boom. You're fired.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact that Trump wasn't under investigation(something favorable to Trump) was one of the few things that wasn't leaked to the press.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The fact that Trump wasn't under investigation(something favorable to Trump) was one of the few things that wasn't leaked to the press.
Oooorrrrr, didn't get reported by the press.

They knew.
Sherryl Attkisson has been finding articles from news agencies that got it wrong. Here is one that shaped their story that Trump must be lying.
Imo, some knew and played dumb and didn't report. And some didn't and in the meantime published articles convincing themselves it couldn't be true.
https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...ts-comey-told-him-hes-not-under-investigation

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Here's the thing, Comey said he took Trump's "I hope" as a "direction" (aka, an order).

Yet ignored that direction.

He doesn't have the option to ignore a directive from his boss.

His options are: obey, or resign.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Question: Can a President actually direct someone to break the law?.....and not be held accountable?
I understand the President has Executive power over the Legislative arm...But to order someone or even "suggest" one break a law or direct an investigation to a favourable conclusion?...

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There's a lot in those questions. The role of the President is to defend the Constitution and faithfully execute the laws written by Congress. He has the ultimate power to order an investigation take place, and to order one to be stopped. He could order the DOJ and/or the FBI to do a thorough investigation of Hillary Clinton, for example. He could order the investigation into Flynn, or the Russian meddling in the election be stopped cold. Those receiving the orders can either comply or resign.

The are political ramifications for personally directing investigations, including everything from losing an election to being impeached for abuse of power (which would certainly happen if a president ordered an investigation of all his (or her) political opponents). The president could, for example, order the FBI (or the IRS) to get all up in Jake Tapper's business. Many presidents have pulled those kinds of stunts, and the eventual political fallout is usually not good. But it's within the president's constitutional authority to do so.

Trump could call up the FBI and say, "The Flynn investigation is over. I've just given Flynn a pardon." And the investigation ends right there. The political backlash would be epic.
Bush Pardons 6 in Iran Affair, Aborting a Weinberger Trial; Prosecutor Assails 'Cover-Up'

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
There's a lot in those questions. The role of the President is to defend the Constitution and faithfully execute the laws written by Congress. He has the ultimate power to order an investigation take place, and to order one to be stopped. He could order the DOJ and/or the FBI to do a thorough investigation of Hillary Clinton, for example. He could order the investigation into Flynn, or the Russian meddling in the election be stopped cold. Those receiving the orders can either comply or resign.

The are political ramifications for personally directing investigations, including everything from losing an election to being impeached for abuse of power (which would certainly happen if a president ordered an investigation of all his (or her) political opponents). The president could, for example, order the FBI (or the IRS) to get all up in Jake Tapper's business. Many presidents have pulled those kinds of stunts, and the eventual political fallout is usually not good. But it's within the president's constitutional authority to do so.

Trump could call up the FBI and say, "The Flynn investigation is over. I've just given Flynn a pardon." And the investigation ends right there. The political backlash would be epic.
Bush Pardons 6 in Iran Affair, Aborting a Weinberger Trial; Prosecutor Assails 'Cover-Up'
Thanks for the explanation

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Pop quiz!

In all of the the past presidential impeachment proceeding, how many senators of the president's own party have ever voted to remove him from office?

ZERO