Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump tweet: Wow, Comey is a leaker.

Fact check - True
Trump doesn't know when to shut up.

Fact check - True
Trump's Tweets should be routed through a proxy server and moderated to go live by his communications director, or his lawyers, or both. Every one of his Tweets is a Presidential Government Record, and should be treated as such.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even Fox talk show...not the 5 but the one with Kennedy and crew all concluded Trump needs a communications director and EVERYTHING goes thru him/her, like filtered..Like a Corey Lewindowski that will say..."boss you can't say that......His own worse enemy.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obama's Numbers (January 2016 Update) - FactCheck.org

Summary
Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:

• The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
  • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
  • Corporate profits have nearly tripled, and stock prices have soared.
  • On the other hand, the number of Americans receiving food stamps remains 45 percent higher than when the president first took office, and the rate of home ownership has dropped by 3.2 percentage points, to the lowest point in nearly 20 years.

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That Tomi Lahren video reminded me of Judge Janine Pirro's skewer of Comey last night. It included using a baby talk accent to call him a two year old, told him to grow up, she insulted his height, and called him a schizo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That Tomi Lahren video reminded me of Judge Janine Pirro's skewer of Comey last night. I
I hadn't seen that. Thanks.

Watching Comey, I did come away with it thinking that, for a very experienced, long-time federal investigator and prosecutor, he spent an inordinate amount of time talking about his feels. And the fact that pretty much everything "confused and concerned" him.

He plays the unimpeachable, beyond reproach "Just the facts, ma'am" consummate professional, but in reality he's just another very experienced, long-time federal swamp rat that needed to be drained.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Speaking of Bill and wonder wife, how do the Clintons even find time to start sh xx and make phone calls to their buddies with the Secret Service watching their move they make with others?? I guessing paying of the SS does wonders.

Reactions: muttly and davekc

ATeam

Retired Expediter
When I said earlier was going to avoid this forum until July 1 to focus on our business, someone added "or until something develops that compels Phil to speak" (or words to that effect). He was correct. There has been a development of great significance regarding my prediction that the Republicans who have the power to do so will impeach Donald Trump.

The development is a law suit intended by the District of Columbia and Maryland that alleges “unprecedented constitutional violations” by Trump. Full story here. "The constitutional question D.C. and Maryland will put before a federal judge is whether Trump’s business ownership amount to violations of parts of the Constitution known as the foreign and domestic emoluments clauses."

While there has been much talk about Trump and the emoluments clauses, and while at least one other suit has been initiated on this question, this case is significant because the plaintiffs (D.C. and the State of MD) have standing like no others. For the first time, the case has being formally made in an arena of consequence by plaintiffs with unquestionable standing.

From the article: "If a federal judge allows the case to proceed, Racine and Frosh say, one of the first steps will be to demand through the discovery process copies of Trump’s personal tax returns to gauge the extent of his foreign business dealings. That fight would most likely end up before the Supreme Court, the two said, with Trump’s attorneys having to defend why the returns should remain private.

“'This case is, at its core, about the right of Marylanders, residents of the District of Columbia and all Americans to have honest government,' Frosh said. To fully know the extent of Trump’s constitutional violations 'we’ll need to see his financial records, his taxes that he has refused to release.'”

An emoluments case like this will not lead directly to impeachment. If a federal judge allows it to proceed, information coming out of the suit would likely accelerate movement in that direction.

I'm not interested in deep conversations here about what the Court should or should not decide, or is likely or unlikely to do. Constitutional experts on both sides and judges will do that. My only point today is that there has been a development of substance that I believe is likely to add fuel to the impeachment fire.

Granted, among the Republicans who have the power to impeach Trump, that fuel has to date been little more than a barely glowing ember if it existed at all. This suit, now formally made, is likely to change that as the court fight proceeds, Trump tweets and Republican consciousness shifts.

Also supporting the impeachment scenario is the fact that despite Trump's claim of total exhortation, the multiple investigations into the Trump campaign and administration (and likely Trump himself) show no sign of letting up. If anything, these investigations are proceeding with increased energy and focus.

By their nature, these investigations proceed slowly and we will have to wait many months to see their final reports. The thing to note today is the increasing momentum the investigations exhibit.

Last edited: