The madness of Fergerson

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't recall anyone ever saying the police didn't have a reason to stop him. They clearly did.

The problem is, King was tried, convicted and sentenced to be beaten to a pulp by a platoon of white police officers who took it upon themselves to play the roles of the prosecution, defense, judge and jury. And that's why 2 of the officers were later tried and convicted in a real court for Constitutional civil rights violations.

I can't believe you're defending the actions of the police officers. No, wait, I can believe it.

Put away the drama, mama.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You reiterated at the end of the paragraph that he was beaten because he was speeding.
Turtle wrote-- For speeding, mind you.
The officers had to use a stun gun twice. He wouldn't stay down. At the beginning he also lunged at an officer. Officers initially tried to arrest him but due to his size and because he was resisting, they weren't able to do so . The baton hits were used to get him to stay in the prone position so they could cuff him. Were some of the hits excessive? Probably so.
This was also a potentially dangerous situation, due to his size, not obeying the officers, his aggressive and bizarre behavior. He was also intoxicated.
Most of what the officers did in subduing King was legally justified.
Just disagree with your as usual use of hyperbole in describing events and facts.
2 Taser hits, 33 baton strikes, 6 boot kicks. 11 skull fractures, fractures in knees, elbows and wrists, multiple contusions and lacerations, kidney damage and permanent brain damage.

Yes, yes, yes, it was mostly legally justified, by a legal justice system comprised chiefly of whites that is stacked against blacks, as the numbers above show. That's why the charges of DUI, evading arrest and speeding were dropped due to lack of evidence, because those charges is what justified the beating. Whoops. The legal justification of it all is also why none of those officers remained on the force, and is why King was awarded $3.8 million from the city in a civil suit.

Like I said, I believe it... you don't need to keep trying to convince me. He was black and drunk... you're right... I can't think of a better justification for him getting beaten to a pulp.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More hyperbole from the Turtle.
The charges against King weren't dropped because of lack of evidence. There was no doubt he was speeding recklessly, assaulted an officer, was fleeing and eluding, and driving drunk.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
2 Taser hits, 33 baton strikes, 6 boot kicks. 11 skull fractures, fractures in knees, elbows and wrists, multiple contusions and lacerations, kidney damage and permanent brain damage.

Yes, yes, yes, it was mostly legally justified, by a legal justice system comprised chiefly of whites that is stacked against blacks, as the numbers above show. That's why the charges of DUI, evading arrest and speeding were dropped due to lack of evidence, because those charges is what justified the beating. Whoops. The legal justification of it all is also why none of those officers remained on the force, and is why King was awarded $3.8 million from the city in a civil suit.

Like I said, I believe it... you don't need to keep trying to convince me. He was black and drunk... you're right... I can't think of a better justification for him getting beaten to a pulp.

But that doesn't happen to someone white and drunk... and hogtied. Does it?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
More hyperbole from the Turtle.
Hyperbole consists of exaggerated statements not to be taken literally. Yet everything I've said is the literal truth. So, no, just because you say something doesn't make it so.

The charges against King weren't dropped because of lack of evidence.
According to District Attorney Ira Reiner (the guy who was in charge of filing the charges) that's exactly why they were dropped. With all due respect, I'll take his word over yours.

There was no doubt he was speeding recklessly, assaulted an officer, was fleeing and eluding, and driving drunk.
Yes, I get it (although the assaulting an officer was unsuccessfully argued in court), and that utterly justifies being beaten like he was. I believe you.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
But that doesn't happen to someone white and drunk... and hogtied. Does it?

Of course it does, the police are out of control. But it doesn't happen to whites with anywhere near the frequency that it does to blacks, as the numbers prove.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Of course it does, the police are out of control. But it doesn't happen to whites with anywhere near the frequency that it does to blacks, as the numbers prove.

On the same token, whites tend not to make up knock-out games, or do a drive-by on an innocent jogger cause "we was bored." I would say it happens more to blacks, because blacks are letting the Ns speak for the whole race, with their stupid, selfish, and reckless actions.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
On the same token, whites tend not to make up knock-out games, or do a drive-by on an innocent jogger cause "we was bored."
No, they don't. Whites tend to be a little more creative when they're bored.

I would say it happens more to blacks, because blacks are letting the Ns speak for the whole race, with their stupid, selfish, and reckless actions.
The reason you've just stated as why it happens more to blacks is the actual definition of prejudice. I don't know if you are or not, but you're almost saying that blacks are asking for it, and it wouldn't happen to them if they'd shut up and stop being all uppity and stuff.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hyperbole consists of exaggerated statements not to be taken literally. Yet everything I've said is the literal truth. So, no, just because you say something doesn't make it so.

According to District Attorney Ira Reiner (the guy who was in charge of filing the charges) that's exactly why they were dropped. With all due respect, I'll take his word over yours.

Yes, I get it (although the assaulting an officer was unsuccessfully argued in court), and that utterly justifies being beaten like he was. I believe you.

Good to know that you're willing to 'take his word' (a prosecutor). Because they would NEVER do anything for political reasons. :rolleyes:
BTW Reiner's successor Garcetti felt 'too much time had passed' to charge for fleeing and eluding and drunk driving.Like I said, a political decision. Regardless, they drew blood 5 hours later and King was just under the alcohol limit, implying that at the time of the arrest he was over double the legal limit. King recklessly speeding in a residential area to flee police officers was well documented. Just because the charges were never pursued doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Assaulting of the police officer was on the tape, but that wasn't the only reason a baton was use.
He refused to be cuffed and resisted arrest.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Good to know that you're willing to 'take his word' (a prosecutor). Because they would NEVER do anything for political reasons. :rolleyes:
BTW Reiner's successor Garcetti felt 'too much time had passed' to charge for fleeing and eluding and drunk driving.Like I said, a political decision. Regardless, they drew blood 5 hours later and King was just under the alcohol limit, implying that at the time of the arrest he was over double the legal limit. King recklessly speeding in a residential area to flee police officers was well documented. Just because the charges were never pursued doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Assaulting of the police officer was on the tape, but that wasn't the only reason a baton was use.
He refused to be cuffed and resisted arrest.
I never said any of the above didn't happen. I haven't even hinted in that direction.

The prosecutor's motivations may have been political, I don't know. But he stated his reason for not filing those charges. Again, with all due respect, I'm more likely to take the word the the guy himself rather than the word of someone who wasn't even involved in the case. If you can find me a quote where he says he didn't drop the charges because of a lack of evidence but did so because of political considerations, then my view on the matter will certainly change.

I really don't know why you keep trying to convince me that you think the beating was justified. I believe you when you say the officer's actions were justified. You're on record as defending the officers. I got it.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No, they don't. Whites tend to be a little more creative when they're bored.

The reason you've just stated as why it happens more to blacks is the actual definition of prejudice. I don't know if you are or not, but you're almost saying that blacks are asking for it, and it wouldn't happen to them if they'd shut up and stop being all uppity and stuff.

Don't ALMOST anything, Turtle. I never said such a thing. I'm giving a huge reason for it. Blacks allow these thugs to paint the stereotypical picture most people have of blacks. Whites would never let white trash do that to their whole race. We'd have a short and sweet civil war, leaving a lot of dead crackers outside of their shacks, if that were to happen.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know about ALMOST or not, but now you've bluntly stated that the fault of the disparity of police actions (stops, arrests, beatings, etc.) and the justice system (harsher sentences, more convictions, etc.) lies with the blacks themselves for allowing such a stereotypical picture to be painted.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about ALMOST or not, but now you've bluntly stated that the fault of the disparity of police actions (stops, arrests, beatings, etc.) and the justice system (harsher sentences, more convictions, etc.) lies with the blacks themselves for allowing such a stereotypical picture to be painted.

{TEXT DELETED. Code of Conduct violation. This is not a forum for personal insults. Keep your emotions under control, or post elsewhere. - Turtle}

I would say SOME of the stereotype is on the ones stereotyped. People don't just come out and laugh at the Irish for riding around on polka dot elephants, because they don't.

Walking across the street from young black men is done for a reason. Call it discrimination if you wish, but I'd rather not be slugged in the head, and act accordingly, if I so fear that.

As far as cops go, I don't know their modus operendi. Maybe they get kickbacks from putting people in prison, and it's easier to make something stick to blacks, because it's more likely they can't lawyer their way out of it. No idea. But I do know what I know about blacks. Chris Rock nailed it. Pastor Manning nailed it.

My guess is the cops focus on blacks for three reasons: Most cops are white in black neighborhoods - fault of blacks for not promoting their own to take care of their own. Blacks do not denounce the gangsta mentality, and rather embrace its crime and filth, and protect it from the cops. Blacks don't own the businesses in their neighborhoods, and therefore are easy pickins to terrorize by the cops. - ie, they have no clout, other than race baiters.

If you insist on being the victim, you give your abuser free reign. I do see many things blacks COULD do to prevent this crap from happening. I do see some of it. But mostly, if most of your city is black, and you fear your cops, FIRE THEM. Stop being the gosh-darned victims.

Last edited by a moderator:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I was thinking that with all the cell phones these days, that someone would have videoed this mess on their phone of the shooting. Someone must have videoed this, just saying.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
After reading through this, I'm not even sure how to respond?

images

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't believe they're announcing this at 8PM. It's like they carefully planned this for the best riot conditions. If it weren't real it would be a scene from a comedy movie.

It's like train wreck - I can't not look.