The madness of Fergerson

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
By the end of November, Ferguson may be burned to the ground. If Darren Wilson was to get 20 years in prison, it will not make any difference. Madness may prevail...but I hope not....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Ferguson, after months of waiting, heartbreak and debate, we expect to finally have some answers when we soon learn if Darren Wilson will be indicted for the shooting death of Michael Brown. According to the media, police are planning a militarized response to anticipated protests. Community activists are booking tickets to be on site when the grand jury’s decision is announced.

The stage is set for conflict.

“Indicting and convicting Darren Wilson may seem like justice, but is it the endgame? What is the strategy for what comes next?”
ALEXIS MCGILL JOHNSON
But, what ultimately will come of these months of protest and the inevitable confrontation following the grand jury decision? Indicting and convicting Darren Wilson may seem like justice, but is it the endgame? What is the strategy for what comes next?
The hard truth remains that in a democracy you must convince enough people of the rightness of both your cause and your remedy. For racial justice activists, this task is immensely challenging given how our brains process race in the midst of existing racial polarization.

Ferguson feels to some like our generation’s Birmingham. But in a more complex time that many would like to think of as “post racial,” with a black president, attorney general, and captain in the St. Louis County police, many are legitimately ambivalent about the role race may have played in the death of Michael Brown. Protests that don’t recognize and speak directly to this ambivalence can polarize rather than unify outrage.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What goes around comes around: race pimps like Al Sharpton encouraging black lynch mobs to defy the legal system and the rule of law, looting their own businesses and destroying their own communities based on some perceived injustice started by rumors and given credence by yellow journalism from the media. Of course some encouragement from the "post racial" POTUS helps also, to keep his base motivated; it's all politics in the final analysis.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What goes around comes around: race pimps like Al Sharpton encouraging black lynch mobs to defy the legal system and the rule of law, looting their own businesses and destroying their own communities based on some perceived injustice started by rumors and given credence by yellow journalism from the media. Of course some encouragement from the "post racial" POTUS helps also, to keep his base motivated; it's all politics in the final analysis.

It may be "all politics" to you, but your choice of adjectives shows that black people absolutely have legitimate reason to be fed up with the way they are treated in the media, the courts, and even on the streets of their hometowns.
I cannot imagine being black, but I've seen enough of the discrimination against women to know they're not imagining it [and the facts back them up]. It's funny, how the one class of people who believe discrimination is just an imaginary excuse is the one class that has not had to live with centuries of it: white males.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Perceived. Injustice. Started. By. Rumors.

WOW

The disconnect with reality that some people have is palpable, and astonishing.

Most black people in this country experience injustice and discrimination, not just once in a while, but every day. What is going on in Ferguson isn't even about Ferguson, it's what happens when the camel's back breaks, broken by a straw called Wilson.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Perceived. Injustice. Started. By. Rumors.

WOW

The disconnect with reality that some people have is palpable, and astonishing.

Most black people in this country experience injustice and discrimination, not just once in a while, but every day. What is going on in Ferguson isn't even about Ferguson, it's what happens when the camel's back breaks, broken by a straw called Wilson.
How about sticking with the facts in this discussion instead of parroting the mantra being promoted by the race hustlers and the mainstream media? The facts surrounding the Ferguson shooting are largely unknown even at this point in time, except to those who've been sitting on the Grand Jury in the case. Unless you've got some inside sources providing information, it's probably fair to say you don't know whether or not Wilson was justified in shooting Brown and neither does anyone else in the general public. Several of the "eyewitnesses" were immediately proven to be liars, but there were riots anyway because of perceived - not proven - injustice.

The notion that most blacks in America today suffer discrimination, mistreatment and injustice on a daily basis is total malarkey being promoted by the racemongers and liberal media. Maybe their attitude is affected by their antagonistic culture and the high crime and unemployment rates among young black males, rather than actual racial bias on the part of other non-black citizens.
In a world where young blacks, especially, are bombarded with claims that they are being unfairly targeted by police, and where a general attitude of belligerence is being promoted literally in word and song, it is hard not to wonder whether some people's responses to policemen do not have something to do with the policemen's responses to them.

"Driving While Black" by Thomas Sowell on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

It will be interesting to see if anyone will be concerned with justice for Officer Wilson if the Grand Jury finds no reason to indict him.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like I said, this isn't about Ferguson. Straw, camel, back.

As for the daily I justices, get to know a few blacks and your own perceptions will be improved. It's clearly evident when you know what to look for.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Just don't drive thru large cities when the verdict comes in guys, it may not be pretty out there.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like I said, this isn't about Ferguson. Straw, camel, back.

As for the daily I justices, get to know a few blacks and your own perceptions will be improved. It's clearly evident when you know what to look for.
One just has to laugh at arrogant presumptions like this; you have no idea how many black friends or acquaintances I have, but FYI there are quite a few including the neighbors down the street, parents of my daughters' friends and several I've worked with over the years. The problem is they are for the most part all educated, employed, married, law abiding citizens who are going about their daily lives and taking advantage of the opportunities offered by our country and our society. They aren't part of the welfare state, Great Society or the nanny state created by our government, and they don't glorify gangs and hip-hop culture. Maybe you should get to know some of these black Americans.

On the other hand, I'll agree that this uproar is not all about Ferguson - it's about a cultural faction that blames their problems on "injustice".
...Because facts do not matter to those attempting to rectify what they perceive as an unjust universe. For those utopian visionaries - and, yes, violent thugs who rob stores are minions of the utopian visionaries -- individuals do not exist. Individuals are merely stand-ins for groups. Wilson was a white cop; therefore, he was the Racist White Establishment. Brown was a black teenager; therefore, he was the Innocent Black Victim. The parts have already been written; Wilson was merely unlucky enough to land the starring role.

And so we expect riots no matter what the outcome of the indictment. Should Wilson escape indictment due to complete lack of evidence, the utopians and their rioting henchmen will attribute that acquittal to the Racist White Establishment. Should he be indicted, the utopians and their rioting henchmen will cite Wilson as merely the latest example of the Racist White Establishment. No matter the antecedent, the consequence has been determined in advance: rage, riots, recriminations.

The Ferguson Days of Rage - Ben Shapiro - Page 1

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One just has to laugh at arrogant presumptions like this;

By laugh, do you mean like the arrogant presumption of my parroting the mantra with the implication that I cannot think for myself, make my own observations and draw my own conclusions? Those kind of presumptions?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pilgrim: your response proves that Turtle's "arrogance" is as baseless as your assumptions about what's happening in Ferguson. Your black acquaintances live in a whole different world than those who are protesting, just as you live in a different world from poor white folks. It's understandable that you can't empathize with their lives & problems, but if you can't see how your sneering dismissal of their anger [and again, it's documented fact, not their 'perception] magnifies it from discontent to incandescent rage, it's because you don't want to see it.
Successful people like to think the credit for their success is entirely their own, and therefore, those who fail are likewise entirely responsible for the problems they encounter, but it's not that simple, or easy. And it sure as hell isn't the way to solve problems, like Ferguson, either.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
By laugh, do you mean like the arrogant presumption of my parroting the mantra with the implication that I cannot think for myself, make my own observations and draw my own conclusions? Those kind of presumptions?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
But that's exactly what you're doing. Just parroting the mantra of race hustlers like Al Sharpton that most blacks are just victims perpetrated by whites(males). Like referencing that MOST black people experience injustice and discrimination EVERY DAY. What an stunningly ignorant statement. I mean wow dude, that's just off the chart ignorance.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The problem with your accusation is the fact that I don't pay any attention to the comments of race baiters like Al Sharpton, nor to those race baiters who claim racism and discrimination doesn't exist on a wide scale in this country. My observations and conclusions are my own. So your argument falls flat and empty.

jamom123

Expert Expediter
Sounds to me like another case of, it's society's fault for not giving better opportunities. We are the reason so many others can't get ahead because we are intentionally holding them back. It's everyone's fault. Except for the ones involved. People thrive in this country through determination and a strong will not because the government or society has helped them out. Grow up and take responsibility for yourself and stop blaming everyone else.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I do think there is a degree of discrimination. I don't see how anyone could deny that. With that said, a large degree of it is self inflicted by many because live and participate in areas that are high crime. Police will always spend more time in those areas just because that is where the problems are. As that happens, you will never achieve "balance" no matter what you do. There are hundreds of reasons from the breakdown of the family, poverty, too many babies, poor education, you name. It has become a cultural thing that likely won't see any changes for quite some time.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OH SHOCK OH SHOCKS! I am surprised this is not all over the news. Some humans discriminate against other humans for a variety of reasons. What new and novel idea! :rolleyes:

Never before in the history of Mankind has this happened and therefor no Man has ever been forced to over come it. It is not that often something new like this is seen.

I guess it is similar to the slavery issue. It never took place prior to what we now call slavery and has never taken place since. Just like there is no slavery on the earth today.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I love it when white people think racism, discrimination and prejudice is a black problem.

I love when people grossly exaggerate racism,discrimination and prejudices, and exacerbate the problem.(dripping sarcasm)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I know. It's much easier to just pretend it doesn't exist, or where it's acknowledged to say that those that it happened to brought it upon themselves.