The Load One Dream Team ; Fact or Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The BIG question here is Why did YOU DAVEKC use your Moderator Special Powers to go back and pull up this persons statement after they had Deleted it a HOUR before. .....
He didn't. The timestamps (some you can see on the forums and some you cannot, but we can) show the original post was made 3:37PM and was deleted until several minutes later (more than 15). Anyone, moderator or not, could have "replied with quote" at any time during those 15 or so minutes and quoted the deleted text, as LDB has illustrated quite well. They could have waited hours and hours to actually post their quoted reply. Once quoted, deleting the original post will not remove the quoted text from the reply. You're "a HOUR before" claim is simply not at all accurate.

I've been accused of the same thing, of undeleting a post in order to quote it. But the exact same thing happened to me as happened to Dave above, where the post was quoted, and sometime in between quoting it and then posting the reply, the original text was deleted or edited by the original poster. It happens. Except in the case where I was accused of doing it, the original text wasn't deleted (which can be undeleted), it was actually edited by the original poster, which cannot, under any circumstances, be later resurrected by anyone to be quoted.

There is nothing more vile than accusing someone of something they did not do, especially when the accusation is based on incomplete information, or worse, assumptions.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When Phil said he got into WG because he had all his teeth I'd wished I'd saved it before he deleted it.
When I called him on it he was man enough to admit , even though the evidence is gone.
Once someone has 100 posts maybe they should lose the ability to delete.
We'd all have to think a little before we posted.
At least I would.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He didn't. The timestamps (some you can see on the forums and some you cannot, but we can) show the original post was made 3:37PM and was deleted until several minutes later (more than 15). Anyone, moderator or not, could have "replied with quote" at any time during those 15 or so minutes and quoted the deleted text, as LDB has illustrated quite well. They could have waited hours and hours to actually post their quoted reply. Once quoted, deleting the original post will not remove the quoted text from the reply. You're "a HOUR before" claim is simply not at all accurate.

I've been accused of the same thing, of undeleting a post in order to quote it. But the exact same thing happened to me as happened to Dave above, where the post was quoted, and sometime in between quoting it and then posting the reply, the original text was deleted or edited by the original poster. It happens. Except in the case where I was accused of doing it, the original text wasn't deleted (which can be undeleted), it was actually edited by the original poster, which cannot, under any circumstances, be later resurrected by anyone to be quoted.

There is nothing more vile than accusing someone of something they did not do, especially when the accusation is based on incomplete information, or worse, assumptions.

Yes you have. :)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I think his comments are more driven by the fact he got banned a day last week for being goofy and his "I am spying on you" thread got edited. The other information I gave is basic common knowledge without a percieved agenda.
Don't want anyone thinking I am not giving a straight answer.;)

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
This # 2 post from John , was kind of the reasoning i was trying to standup for them, and i don t even work for Load 1. ...so whatever ...........as far as last weeks ,,fun and games went. ..the moderators who called, as well as my Lawyer & Bolt know the truth and that subject is on back burner and will NOT be Aired out on here by me. ........so poke away. .......:D:D

Last edited:

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking about Load 1, yesterday I was talking to another expediter and he said that L1 dropped their pay rate to $.80... it's that true?

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Speaking about Load 1, yesterday I was talking to another expediter and he said that L1 dropped their pay rate to $.80... it's that true?

I'm pretty sure he would have been talking about Express-1's Sprinter rate, which was cut from $1.00 per mile to $0.80 per mile, both plus a fuel surcharge added. This rate does not change as its a flat rate, period.

I cannot speak with authority about Load-1's compensation, but I am fairly certain they are still paying a percentage of the load, which normally exceeds $0.80 per mile. Whatever the compensation, increases or decreases are shared between Load-1 and their trucks based on that percentage, so the rate cannot be stated as a flat rate. In my opinion, that is a much more fair way of compensation.

All that said, someone could correct or confirm this.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

We do run on percentage so there is no set rate per mile.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Always the negative.

6a0162ff74b6b4970d0176154b9ab4970c-800wi

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
When Phil said he got into WG because he had all his teeth I'd wished I'd saved it before he deleted it.
When I called him on it he was man enough to admit , even though the evidence is gone.
Once someone has 100 posts maybe they should lose the ability to delete.
We'd all have to think a little before we posted.
At least I would.

Last night I wrote a scathing response to a post I thought was aimed at me. When I reread the posts surrounding it, I realized it was towards someone else. I deleted my post right away.

He still caught it, dammit. LOL But I would've rather not have been seen as the fool that I temporarily was, for having trashed this guy over nothing.

The short of it... there's reason for the delete button.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
That's hilarious.

In context, the joke was hilarious. A number of white glove drivers used to joke among ourselves about going into FedEx headquarters for our "tooth check." It was a joke but at the time the joke had a tangential basis in fact. To get on the art team, you needed to be cleared by Dolly and she wanted to look you over before putting you on. Out of context, the humor would not come through. Realizing that after seeing the words in print, I deleted the post soon after making it.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm pretty sure he would have been talking about Express-1's Sprinter rate, which was cut from $1.00 per mile to $0.80 per mile, both plus a fuel surcharge added. This rate does not change as its a flat rate, period.

I cannot speak with authority about Load-1's compensation, but I am fairly certain they are still paying a percentage of the load, which normally exceeds $0.80 per mile. Whatever the compensation, increases or decreases are shared between Load-1 and their trucks based on that percentage, so the rate cannot be stated as a flat rate. In my opinion, that is a much more fair way of compensation.

All that said, someone could correct or confirm this.

Yes, the guy called me earlier and told me that he was wrong, it was about E-1

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
He drives a Sprinter. He's running for a fleet owner who won't allow him to go home even when he was within just a few hours of his home. Fleet owner pays for the fuel.
If a fleet owner wants to Boss you around that much then he is treating you as an employee and come tax time I would just file a SS-8 and find out.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
There are no special powers. When a post is removed - it's removed. FYI, I have no dog in this fight. I like all the carriers mentioned so far. :D

Possible moderator squabble? I m sitting and watching this one from a safe spot. (Up in a tree, out of reach)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dunno. Jest sittin back and reading all the posts. Trying to staay out of trouble.

Eagerly awaiting your next post m'lordship

Lol

What's with the tude? It was a question I saw one mod backing another was curious where you got the idea of a feud.

Status
Not open for further replies.