The Load One Dream Team ; Fact or Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Hello, everyone!
The purpose of this post is to give a better perspective of Load One to those of you out there who are curious about this company without the sometimes incessant mechanations of the cheerleading squad.
Bear in mind, that this is a post based on my own personal observations and does not reflect those of others at this company. That being said, here we go.
A word on the owner, John Elliott.
Personally speaking, I haven't met an owner that shows his quality to his/her employees/ contractors more openly than John. Simply put he is a great leader and really and truly will do what it takes to help you succeed in life as he has! From a military aspect, I would follow him into hades were he to ask it of me. This isn't cheerleading. It's a fact.
Next is the company aspect from a drivers perspective.
There are more than a few people out there who seem to think that Load One is the last best thing they will ever be associated with. Literally clamoring to get a spot on the waiting list to join up and become wealthy beyond reason. Well, therein lies some fiction. It is true that we don't run for lower rates as do some others, but here of late it often means we tend to sit around more. We have a narrow freight lane and tend to stack up a bit. This wasn't always so, but like any company who grows, things often will and do change.
We do not struggle any more or less than any other company out there. There is just a higher bottom line here. After all, falling in line with the rest of the declining ppm does not provide a solution but promotes the line to sink even further.
In short, it isn't a matter of making more money here. It is more about the quality of life provided here. As with any other company, your bottom line is ultimately decided by you, the driver.
Yes, we have perks here that others don't have. Paid moves, layover, facities at the yard and so on. Does this make us superior? I don't think so.
Personally, I wouldn't leave this company short of getting canned, winning the lotto or death...not in that order perhaps, but you get the idea. For me it is about the comfort zone this company provides.
I get disgruntled frequently about not enough money/loads same as you all do. Just consider when you move yourself over to the list so that you too can be a member of this legend, that it doesn't become a let down to you over over exaggerated high praise.
Always keep in mind that no matter where you are, in this line of work, the money you make is decided by you. No company out there will hold your hand! Not even this one.
I hope you all have a great month and for most of us, I hope the year starts soon.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
The great thing that I have personally appreciated about the EO community over the years is how you can read about the good, the bad and the ugly on any product, topic, issue or company. Not everyone has a thick enough skin to appreciate all of that - but those who do - have a better understanding of the industry and opportunities.

....Thanks for sharing the good.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido. ..did you change your screen name..? No wait with that much typing you would of stopped to Wash the Van. .....Lmao....I m running now to get a Big bowl of Popcorn & 2 liter of pop ...John , please sit back & enjoy the ride. ........:D:D

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Seems to me we have a similar thread written in a similar manner here years back by one of our current Moderators (he wasn't a Load 1 Cheerleader then) who was driving for BOLT.

Reading this board for the last decade PLUS as I have been has taught me that Expedite Companies.....YES......ALL of 'em......change just as everything else does in Life.

Give it time......You'll be singing the praises of another Company somewhere down the line.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Seems to me we have a similar thread written in a similar manner here years back by one of our current Moderators (he wasn't a Load 1 Cheerleader then) who was driving for BOLT.

Reading this board for the last decade PLUS as I have been has taught me that Expedite Companies.....YES......ALL of 'em......change just as everything else does in Life.

Give it time......You'll be singing the praises of another Company somewhere down the line.

Always the negative.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
eklektek wrote
Personally, I am not asking nor am I expecting anyone to hold my proverbial hand. All I am asking is that I be allowed to work at least 3 jobs per week instead of the ZERO to ONE job that I have currently been fortunate enough to be given though Load One. What is going on with this company? Yes, the economy is bad, but I am sick and tired of being strung along like a fish and told to wait because a load will be forthcoming. After 10 days of sitting without work and unable to go home how am I supposed to feel about the expedite business? It appears no matter what company I run with it's all about hurry up and wait...

Not sure why you can't go home but maybe your type of vehicle is a factor?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
He drives a Sprinter. He's running for a fleet owner who won't allow him to go home even when he was within just a few hours of his home. Fleet owner pays for the fuel.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
He drives a Sprinter. He's running for a fleet owner who won't allow him to go home even when he was within just a few hours of his home. Fleet owner pays for the fuel.

Imagine that....

sent using my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

That is kind of a strange requirement but nonetheless, why not throw 30 or 40 dollars in of your own money and go home.
No need to complicate the simple.

guido4475

Not a Member

So nice to see you're being so positive.....I hope you have a change of heart someday....for the better.

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido. ..did you change your screen name..? No wait with that much typing you would of stopped to Wash the Van. .....Lmao....I m running now to get a Big bowl of Popcorn & 2 liter of pop ...John , please sit back & enjoy the ride. ........:D:D

No, it isn't me, as I'm not too sure if I would of said things like that, of that nature on here publicly, although nicely worded. Scott is entitled to his opinion, as we all are.And the last I knew, he is an owner, not a driver for an owner.He's a good guy, Scott is, Always doing his best, neat, clean, etc, with a nice looking Sprinter that he takes care of to the best of his ability. And he knows how to get someone out of a bad mood with his off the wall humor .......lol...

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hello, everyone!
The purpose of this post is to give a better perspective of Load One to those of you out there who are curious about this company without the sometimes incessant mechanations of the cheerleading squad.
Bear in mind, that this is a post based on my own personal observations and does not reflect those of others at this company. That being said, here we go.
A word on the owner, John Elliott.
Personally speaking, I haven't met an owner that shows his quality to his/her employees/ contractors more openly than John. Simply put he is a great leader and really and truly will do what it takes to help you succeed in life as he has! From a military aspect, I would follow him into hades were he to ask it of me. This isn't cheerleading. It's a fact.
Next is the company aspect from a drivers perspective.
There are more than a few people out there who seem to think that Load One is the last best thing they will ever be associated with. Literally clamoring to get a spot on the waiting list to join up and become wealthy beyond reason. Well, therein lies some fiction. It is true that we don't run for lower rates as do some others, but here of late it often means we tend to sit around more. We have a narrow freight lane and tend to stack up a bit. This wasn't always so, but like any company who grows, things often will and do change.
We do not struggle any more or less than any other company out there. There is just a higher bottom line here. After all, falling in line with the rest of the declining ppm does not provide a solution but promotes the line to sink even further.
In short, it isn't a matter of making more money here. It is more about the quality of life provided here. As with any other company, your bottom line is ultimately decided by you, the driver.
Yes, we have perks here that others don't have. Paid moves, layover, facities at the yard and so on. Does this make us superior? I don't think so.
Personally, I wouldn't leave this company short of getting canned, winning the lotto or death...not in that order perhaps, but you get the idea. For me it is about the comfort zone this company provides.
I get disgruntled frequently about not enough money/loads same as you all do. Just consider when you move yourself over to the list so that you too can be a member of this legend, that it doesn't become a let down to you over over exaggerated high praise.
Always keep in mind that no matter where you are, in this line of work, the money you make is decided by you. No company out there will hold your hand! Not even this one.
I hope you all have a great month and for most of us, I hope the year starts soon.

Personally, I think this is the best post you have made.

Yes, being at a carrier where a standard for a rate is held can be difficult. The good in that is you dont have to run as much. Hence, run less make more. This is a carrier for a certain type of contractor. I often consider the similarity between contracting here and a big truck driver making the switch to expediting. The conversion doesn't always work. However, turnover here is incredibly low due to the choice of the people who come here. Most tend to be a little more experienced or comfortable in their business.

I dont take much stock in the previous comment of Brisco's " give it time.... you will sing the praise of some other carrier down the line " I truly believe that most of us will stay here as long as we are in this business or as long as it lasts or whatever. We were with Conway Now for along time and still would be had they not decided to get out of expedite and sell to panther. We spent the next few years looking for a carrier with the same integrity and sense of trust and care for it's contractors that they had. Needless to say, here we are and here is where we will stay. A wise old woman once told me that there was a big difference between a good job and a good paying job. Given the choice, she would always take the good job. That way it's always there and I can make the rest work. I like to be comfortable in knowing that. " MY GRANNY " I always took a hard listen to her advice cause she had proven most all of what she said.

Is LOAD ONE the best carrier out there. Well, you all can have your own opinion. I know what mine is. WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE !!!!!!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Full disclosure, I'm not with Load 1 and don't have any vehicles there. That said, I keep up to some degree with a number of companies. My opinion is that Load 1 is a good company to work with and while all companies have warts I think there's are few and minor. I believe they are honest as a company and I know John is a stand up guy. If I were considering a new carrier they would absolutely be on the short list of suspects. I look forward to the occasional visit with John at the Expo or elsewhere. He's just a genuine guy who's a pleasure to know.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
No, it isn't me, as I'm not too sure if I would of said things like that, of that nature on here publicly, although nicely worded. Scott is entitled to his opinion, as we all are.And the last I knew, he is an owner, not a driver for an owner.He's a good guy, Scott is, Always doing his best, neat, clean, etc, with a nice looking Sprinter that he takes care of to the best of his ability. And he knows how to get someone out of a bad mood with his off the wall humor .......lol...

Well, there is the possibility that the "luck" Dragon may be on his head. He may consider some "off the wall, outside the box" load decisions to change the odds. Never know what might work in this biz. One ting for sure......ain't nutt'in fo sure in that biz!

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Is there some confusion between what the OP said and what Eklektek said ?
One being an O/O and the other being a driver ?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
eklektek wrote

Not sure why you can't go home but maybe your type of vehicle is a factor?

The BIG question here is Why did YOU DAVEKC use your Moderator Special Powers to go back and pull up this persons statement after they had Deleted it a HOUR before. ......why is it that you do things like this to stir up other than Panther Posts ....oh thats Right you are a panther fleet owner. ........and I m still waiting davekc for the answer to my simple question to YOU ,, also waiting is a couple underclassman moderators for your answer. ......

Status
Not open for further replies.