The latest new Load One custom

GuyUpNorth

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does that mean you will not be making them available to other owner ops and fleet owners running for Load One? You did a great job on this van. Makes me want to start setting aside a little bit more coin to replace my Promaster when it dies in a few years.
XLT10, Inc. will be putting drivers in all of them... drivers working for West Michigan Expedite, Inc.

It just a simple business decision... we can make far more $$$ by owning them than selling them. Sorry!

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app
I completely understand where you are coming from regarding your decision to keep them all in your own fleet. Kind of wondering why it would be given such a prominent spot at the expo though, if nobody but you, and Load One of course, will ever benefit from this great truck? Just a thought.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I completely understand where you are coming from regarding your decision to keep them all in your own fleet. Kind of wondering why it would be given such a prominent spot at the expo though, if nobody but you, and Load One of course, will ever benefit from this great truck? Just a thought.
I believe that Load One is the best company for us to partner with, period. Clearly, Load One, like our company, strives to be the best in every aspect, with professionalism, capability, service, innovation, and integrity guiding our actions. Our company philosophies are aligned.

Our new truck exemplifies this philosophy where ever it goes, from the Expo to our customer's docks!

At the Expo, our booth was flooded continuously with drivers, owners, and brokers/carriers. They wanted to know more about Load One and both trucks that were on display. One result is our recruiting department was overwhelmed with driver applications... many being very desirable! Even excluding every other reason to be there, this was reason enough for me to be there with our truck.

Our customers know Load One is different too! While there will always be those seeking out the absolute bottom dollar to transport their products, I firmly believe that most successful companies want their products delivered in an excellent vehicle with a professional and courteous driver. They know that reflects positively on them! When our trucks and professionals arrive, they will, VERY often, be the reason the first call they make in the future will be to Load One. This benefits EVERYONE on the Load One team, including every driver. I am convinced some customers will pay a bit more, just to know their products will be delivered most professionally.

Working exclusively with Load One serves us best. From getting quality drivers, to more load offers and, in some cases, better rates. It's a sound business decision on our part to be exclusive with Load One. It's that simple.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I started out at Roberts express with a base unit , ud1800, than as I study what other people had, read mag's
and study , working on next unit fl60 freightliner , with a genset , 48" sleeper, that was a great truck, than western star was great, than went to sprinter, and made them work for local work, you did your home work and found what would work. star class sleeper started out same way they mad a couple of sleeper's than people asked could you make one for me, and that how they started making sleepers for everyone

Reactions: Steady Eddie

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Let us know how many straight truck paying loads you get. Real s/t rates, not the "we can get you between a sprinter and a s/t rate on this one." If it can't fit a sprinter, it should get straight, or else you're being short changed.

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let us know how many straight truck paying loads you get. Real s/t rates, not the "we can get you between a sprinter and a s/t rate on this one." If it can't fit a sprinter, it should get straight, or else you're being short changed.
From a shipper/consignee's point of view it isn't dock high. More work a both ends.

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
All these people bitching because either they can't afford to make one, or they are mad they didn't think of it first...i do not see 5,000 of these on the road so it's barely going to make a dent, more like a novelty until 4 or 5 others decide to make their own but half ass it...then it will only be Steve again...there are no rules in this business that he has to go by YOUR standards...he spent the money with a carrier that will stand with him. Stop whining and go do something better or leave it alone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
....i do not see 5,000 of these on the road so it's barely going to make a dent, more like a novelty until 4 or 5 others decide to make their own but half ass it...then it will only be Steve again...there are no rules in this business that he has to go by YOUR standards...he spent the money with a carrier that will stand with him. Stop whining and go do something better or leave it alone.

Exactly. As it is, we on EO are such a small part of the expediters out here. I'd say 98% of the people I talk to have never even heard of EO. The expediting world is much bigger then some realize.
One man is not going to bring down or change the industry. But may make it look a little more interesting

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All these people bitching because either they can't afford to make one, or they are mad they didn't think of it first...i do not see 5,000 of these on the road so it's barely going to make a dent, more like a novelty until 4 or 5 others decide to make their own but half ass it...then it will only be Steve again...there are no rules in this business that he has to go by YOUR standards...he spent the money with a carrier that will stand with him. Stop whining and go do something better or leave it alone.

Well said.....:JC_goodpost::)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
....i do not see 5,000 of these on the road so it's barely going to make a dent, more like a novelty until 4 or 5 others decide to make their own but half ass it...then it will only be Steve again...there are no rules in this business that he has to go by YOUR standards...he spent the money with a carrier that will stand with him. Stop whining and go do something better or leave it alone.

Exactly. As it is, we on EO are such a small part of the expediters out here. I'd say 98% of the people I talk to have never even heard of EO. The expediting world is much bigger then some realize.
One man is not going to bring down or change the industry. But may make it look a little more interesting

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Oh, once the Russians figure out how to do it, it'll change the industry the same as the first Sprinter did. Granted, theirs won't be as pretty or well thought out.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
From a shipper/consignee's point of view it isn't dock high. More work a both ends.
No different than a cube van.
the whole issue is a "nothing burger"...:p

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Oh, once the Russians figure out how to do it, it'll change the industry the same as the first Sprinter did. Granted, theirs won't be as pretty or well thought out.
Frankly anyone else is going to have a devil of a time building a van like this and still keeping it to a reasonable empty weight. It took real engineering and analysis to make this van light enough but still strong enough to withstand the rigors of years on the road.

There are also dozens of regulations regarding size, weight, center of gravity, lighting, and other things that it would be unlikely they would stay legal... not that they care about that very much.

Their cost would likely be much higher as well... I don't see them as hands on assembly type people. I think they try to find something cheap that somebody else has already used substantially and try to make it work. There aren't any of these vans available used.

Reactions: Turtle

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Frankly anyone else is going to have a devil of a time building a van like this and still keeping it to a reasonable empty weight. It took real engineering and analysis to make this van light enough but still strong enough to withstand the rigors of years on the road.

There are also dozens of regulations regarding size, weight, center of gravity, lighting, and other things that it would be unlikely they would stay legal... not that they care about that very much.

Their cost would likely be much higher as well... I don't see them as hands on assembly type people. I think they try to find something cheap that somebody else has already used substantially and try to make it work. There aren't any of these vans available used.

But they have the pics posted on EO. Don't think the money isn't there to come up with a copy. They don't call it the Russian mafia for nothing.

Personally, I love your vantruck. I only hope that it consistently earns a straight truck rate for anything over three skids.

Last edited:
Reactions: westmicher

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
the whole issue is a "nothing burger"...:p
Tell me, did sprinters end up as a van rate, or vans a sprinter rate?

Nothing is a nothing burger, or it wouldn't be nothing.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's my point. Why pay straight truck rates only to put your freight on a cube van?

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
That's my point. Why pay straight truck rates only to put your freight on a cube van?
Do they still do "C" rates? Last I remember, if it was too big for a van it was "straight truck" rate. Can't remember Load One, but C&M was like that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do they still do "C" rates? Last I remember, if it was too big for a van it was "straight truck" rate. Can't remember Load One, but C&M was like that.
pretty much they do the rate the customer is willing to pay....but a lot of shippers refuse to pay straight rate and a van shows up...as they now have a 7th or 8th skid ready to go and thought there would be room....in the early days of sprinters and taking 6 skids, I don't have enough fingers to count how many times a shipper sent me away for that reason..

Reactions: ntimevan