The latest new Load One custom

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here is a possible new van canidate for you .... and its your favorite color ...
aac7f5955b2b4f708b176388a38e3ae6.jpg

hauling freight from a Pond near you
Too old and short. As for color, IDC what color a van is, as long as it puts green in the pocket.

Who was it that posted the school bus/freight box combo the other day? That rig actually makes sense....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
. i don't need 7 paragraphs of jibber-jabber ... or your games
When you dance around libelous statements by implying Westmicher is lying just because you haven't personally seen the scale ticket to verify his claims, 7 paragraphs of jibber-jabber from me is what you're going to get, regardless of what you think you need. If you prefer, instead of having a little fun and playing games, I could get real serious real quick. Up to you.

Reactions: westmicher

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
When you dance around libelous statements by implying Westmicher is lying just because you haven't personally seen the scale ticket to verify his claims, 7 paragraphs of jibber-jabber from me is what you're going to get, regardless of what you think you need. If you prefer, instead of having a little fun and playing games, I could get real serious real quick. Up to you.
Sometimes there is no sense confusing a few people with the facts?

Especially when they have made up their own...

Sent from my SM-G955U using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: davekc and RedBird

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a few ... i never ask their names ... just ask how their Vans are working out ...

eae63bbd5cff8644c3d93b5391fb109f.jpg

Owner/Operators , Expedite company managers , drivers of vans and Straight truck drivers & owners have come on EO and Facebook and complained about how the Russians /Foreigners and the Yellow Penske cubes have driven the rates down by hauling 5 to 6 skids and undercutting everyone .... well you hauling 5 to 6 skids in your new van is doing the same general thing ... you may get a better rate from John ..but you are doing 2 van loads .. which in turn used to be possibly 2 family incomes .. thats what started the yellow cube craziness ... lets haul 2 van loads ... more work for that cube .. less work for the vans ... kinda the same thing if John would start hauling all his Straight truck loads on his available Semi's ... 2 loads in 1 ... eliminate the Straights right ... make more money on the Semi's ... right ...

You have a nicely designed Transit van and i am sure John will make sure you make good money with it ... but i look at the Big Expeditite picture ... there is an over abundance of Vans out here and vehicles hauling 2 van loads on 1 van and possible overweight and illegally insured is going to increase ... thus hurting the industry as a whole ... again just my opinion ...

While I cannot be responsible for what has gone on in the industry, I can tell you at the show there were 5 Russians that spent a couple hours around my van trying to figure out how they might be able to either purchase them from me or figure out how they are made and make them themselves. They made offers but we are exclusive to Load-1 regardless of any potential selling to those ratekillers.... I gave them very little information that they could actually use. It would be almost impossible for someone else to combine all of the engineering, tools, materials, and talent to build these themselves for anything reasonable.

I know who the enemy is regarding rates and, without question, it is not Load-1.
Just ask Treadmill..your running buddy.... .50 out of El Paso....Myself? 5 skids out of Alabama UPS load .62 .CA again .60 for multiple skids! On the flip side I did get great rates for multiple skids BUT again I also got $1.50 for 10 lb box... You will get what the load pays...It just business..you won't get better then anyone else on the % pay scale.... Hope this vans works better for ya......:)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I gotta say my first though when I saw it was dot magnate. But that night at the expo I was talking to a guy with a couple 16 ft srw cubes, even had the old under 10000 lbs stickers on them. Seemed like a very honest guy. He said they have only been pulled over once and when the cop looked at the door tag he let them go on their way. I don't like being stopped for any reason but it might not get stopped like I think.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dually GMC cubes went from 10k in 2007 to 12,300 in 2008. I still think there's too much truck there to make a decent profit running at a legit under 10k; even when you take out that heavy ramp, you're still looking at close to 7000 lbs. Add driver and gear, that's another 250+.
Westmicher's rig might work a lot better because he's put a ton of work into keeping the weight down.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trust me this guys trucks were under 10 he told me what they weighed. They were way heavier than wests.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I gotta say my first though when I saw it was dot magnate. But that night at the expo I was talking to a guy with a couple 16 ft srw cubes, even had the old under 10000 lbs stickers on them. Seemed like a very honest guy. He said they have only been pulled over once and when the cop looked at the door tag he let them go on their way. I don't like being stopped for any reason but it might not get stopped like I think.
My useless opinion is I think you are right. Looking at the profile I think when DOT sees is fly past the scales they may chase.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
I had heard a few drivers insist that my trucks would be pulled over just for having 6 wheels (though my 6 wheeler $printer was only pulled over once and the officer fled when I told him the GVW was 9,990) so I asked a MSP captain if 6 wheels was a reason to pull over a van?

He looked at me rather incredulously and said that they must think officers are stupid... They look for a lot more than that like the GVW on the door and the obvious tire size that would be required to have a heavier GVW and also the appearance of the box itself. He said that they are well familiar with box construction and materials and they have a very keen eye on what a truck really weighs and what the GVWs are. He also confirmed to me what Chef Dennis has said several times, that if a truck is legally rated for under 10,001 GVW, they cannot cite the truck for being overweight, even if it really is. They are restricted to federal DOT law and cannot just make up their own regulations. However, just like Chef Dennis, I have become sick of arguing with a few people that insist they know better even though they have no actual experience to back it up!!!

Get some popcorn...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The debate and misunderstanding in Chefs case....was a GM cab and chassis rated at 12,300 or 500
That came with DWD and was changed to a single wheel drive ...and still taking the heavy height on single wheels....and we know he had mech problems until he stopped taking 4,000lb + loads...

Its like those 6 wheels sprinters converting to a 4 wheeler ...and still claiming 9990 or the newer ones at 11,500...

There is quite a lot of technical details that surround these conversions...

I wish you all the luck tho....:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... if a truck is legally rated for under 10,001 GVW, they cannot cite the truck for being overweight, even if it really is.
They can, however, cite the driver for not having a log book and medical card, because if it weighs 10,001 pounds or more, regardless of what the weight rating is, it is a CMV. The regs make that very clear. Don't have to argue with anyone about it, all you have to do is read the regulation. Just look up the definition of a CMV.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They can, however, cite the driver for not having a log book and medical card, because if it weighs 10,001 pounds or more, regardless of what the weight rating is, it is a CMV. The regs make that very clear. Don't have to argue with anyone about it, all you have to do is read the regulation. Just look up the definition of a CMV.
Also the Driver can be ticketed for Reckless Driving ...

All of which tickets .. chances are any Carrier your leased to will drop your contract because of insurance costs ... So loss of Income ..

Last edited:
Reactions: in-Transit

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
You are mixing fruit... that is regarding the driver, not the truck. Logs and a valid medical card are required for HazMat over 1,000 lbs. as well... even if the loaded truck weigh less than 10,001 lbs.

BUT the logs are required for only the time the HazMat is on board, just like they would be only for the time the truck actually weighs 10,001 of more. The previous 10 days are described as LOGS NOT REQUIRED, according to the MSP captain I spoke with. But these are oranges...

Reactions: RedBird