The Garden Corner

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
As soon as the garden dries out enough I have to dig the leeks and gather any remaining tomatoes...I don't trust Jack Frost! I should pick the acorn squash that's dark green, but I think they'll survive the colder temps.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Now the garden is paying off..making some homemade ham and bean soup with onions, red onions, shallots, garlic and parsley from the garden..
simmer, simmer, simmer!:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The leeks are cleaned and chopped and headed to the freezer..only 5 bags worth..enough for 5 makings of potato leek toup. I will have to plant more leeks next year! I understand they are quite pricey in the grocery stores????

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
the day's tally...3 more quarts of canned tomatoes and picked a couple of boxes to ripen inside.

Cheri...the cherry tomatoes are overflowing the garden....hint hint!

Sure wish I could get up that way, but it being summer, and having been without AC for awhile, I've been staying south, not on purpose, of course.
Now that the AC is fixed, I'll probly get a load up north, lol.
And I can eat cherry tomatoes till the cows come home!:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The leeks are cleaned and chopped and headed to the freezer..only 5 bags worth..enough for 5 makings of potato leek toup. I will have to plant more leeks next year! I understand they are quite pricey in the grocery stores????

you can never have enough leeks they say....:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I didn't buy any this year, for some reason I have a lot of cabbage and discovered my big crock has a leak - ironic isn't it?

Anywho leeks at the store were 5 for a buck, which I thought was alright.

Hey I would like to know how do you make potato leak toup?

Sounds exotic.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
yeppers...that's the recipe and it's goooooooood!!!! Funny thing is a package of seeds is prolly around 2 bucks and you can eat good for quite awhile!

Cheri..got pretty cold over the last couple of nights and most of the cherry tomatoes have split open so I'm pulling the plants. But if you get here before I can the big ones you just might get lucky.....just had a big juicy beefmaster tomato sandwich....:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and five more quarts are bubbling away in the water canner. A couple of jars look really unique because they have some of the heirloom tomatoes in them..one is yellow and orange and one is yellow, orange and green striped..:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
woo woo...got another 3 quarts of dill pickles and another 6 quarts of tomatoes...I've been stashing the mason jars on my treadmill and I'm just about out of excuses now..*LOL*

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm either really bored or a very good planner...*L*

Saved my coriander seed and am potting some to grow in the house over the winter. When the leaves come out (cilantro) I'll be able to make some mexican dishes. :)

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I'm either really bored or a very good planner...*L*

Saved my coriander seed and am potting some to grow in the house over the winter. When the leaves come out (cilantro) I'll be able to make some mexican dishes. :)

Now we know why OVM is nicknamed Speedy Gonzalez;)