and the mud on her shoes
make walking a chore

And yet it's long weeks
before she sees the results
but by gory her garden
looks pretty as heck.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Yum! Just had my first helping of detoit red beets from the garden...so sweet they are! And yesterday had my first batch of collards...excellent! And put up some great tasting sugar snap peas which I've been munching straight from the garden. I LOVE the summertime!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can't wait for the cukes...and you make Eddie some more pickles...:D
I shoulda grabbed a couple jars for the Expo IF I make it...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Can't wait for the cukes...and you make Eddie some more pickles...:D
I shoulda grabbed a couple jars for the Expo IF I make it...

What do you mean IF? you have to make it:rolleyes:
10K club member have to be at the expo so all the other members can paddle them LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What do you mean IF? you have to make it:rolleyes:
10K club member have to be at the expo so all the other members can paddle them LOL

hey Greg never shows up and doesn't even post where he is..Mr. Secret...great guy he is eh? *LOL* he'll lecture us but never in person....;)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I'm seeing the first of the cukes coming out now...won't be much longer...and as I told you on the phone...the corn is starting to tassle..:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Another day in the garden AND the kitchen yielded 4 bags of beets, 5 bags of shredded squash, 9 quarts of dilled beans, and 6 more quarts of dill pickles...lots of rain this year means lots of work putting it all up. I think I'm done for the night............................

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The squirrels & chipmunks have been enjoying each & everyone of my tomatoes, before I can retrieve even one! Can you hotwire a tomato plant?

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That's good news about the Duke's! We cant' hardly put together a meal without it. Things like pimento cheese & chicken salad wouldn't be the same.

BTW, looked at some squirrel repellant at Lowes. It was like 18 effin' dollars! I can buy a lot of tomatoes for $18, at the farmer's market.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
yep got a small jar for JuJu..just the regular NOT the light...
If we like it they have the bigger jars i see....

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The "lite" Duke's would be considered really uncool around here. We go thru almost 2 jars(48 oz.size) every 2 weeks, of the regular.

My daughter, that lives in Ohio, always stocks up when she comes to visit.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The "lite" Duke's would be considered really uncool around here. We go thru almost 2 jars(48 oz.size) every 2 weeks, of the regular.

My daughter, that lives in Ohio, always stocks up when she comes to visit.

Holy crap..that is a LOT of dressing!!:eek:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I now have another recipe for snap peas...toss with olive oil and broil for two minutes until they start to turn brown and crispy...then toss them with sea salt...pretty scrumptious!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I now have another recipe for snap peas...toss with olive oil and broil for two minutes until they start to turn brown and crispy...then toss them with sea salt...pretty scrumptious!

In my family, brussels sprouts are prepared like that: steamed or boiled till crisp tender, then lightly sauteed. Scrumptious is exactly right! :)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
In my family, brussels sprouts are prepared like that: steamed or boiled till crisp tender, then lightly sauteed. Scrumptious is exactly right! :)

You know I've never liked brussel sprouts...but that sure does sound like it would change my mind. I sauteed up some shallots from the garden until they were crispy and they were pretty good too.:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Hey Cheri...if you're in the neighborhood in the next few weeks I've got about a million cherry tomatoes that should be popping red!!! Bring a BIG container...*L*