The Fake News Depot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Being worried about your financial future is one thing. Playing 5 victim-card aces in a poker game is quite another.

CNN over the weekend did a story on a Coast Guard wife who said because her husband isn't getting paid, they are 2 weeks away from losing their home If that's true, they're 5 months behind on mortgage payments already <snort>

Reactions: muttly

dalscott

Expert Expediter
Being worried about your financial future is one thing. Playing 5 victim-card aces in a poker game is quite another.

CNN over the weekend did a story on a Coast Guard wife who said because her husband isn't getting paid, they are 2 weeks away from losing their home If that's true, they're 5 months behind on mortgage payments already <snort>

Would you work for nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Would you work for nothing?

You make it too easy.

First answer.... I'm a cargo van expediter. I work for nothing for a living.

Second answer... Not a single government employee is currently working for nothing. No one has missed a paycheck because of the shutdown.

Third answer.... As government employees, if they've learned nothing at all, they at least should have learned how the government, and their paychecks, are funded, and that the government can be shut down any time there are appropriations bills before Congress. They also should know that shutdowns are usually very short, with the longest shutdown in US history being 21 days. If they don't have the recommended 6 months of expenses saved, they should have, at the very least, 21 days of expenses saved for just such an emergency.

Fourth answer... No one is actually working for nothing. Everyone, including the ones who aren't working at all, will get paid once the government starts back up.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
You make it too easy.

First answer.... I'm a cargo van expediter. I work for nothing for a living.

Second answer... Not a single government employee is currently working for nothing. No one has missed a paycheck because of the shutdown.

Third answer.... As government employees, if they've learned nothing at all, they at least should have learned how the government, and their paychecks, are funded, and that the government can be shut down any time there are appropriations bills before Congress. They also should know that shutdowns are usually very short, with the longest shutdown in US history being 21 days. If they don't have the recommended 6 months of expenses saved, they should have, at the very least, 21 days of expenses saved for just such an emergency.

Fourth answer... No one is actually working for nothing. Everyone, including the ones who aren't working at all, will get paid once the government starts back up.

Actually, there Is a sizable number of people who are out of work because of this who will not be paid. I wonder if their landlords and utility companies will take that into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
When did Democrats suddenly care about jobs?

Next, you’ll hear Democrats are against war.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtle

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
38754393-FB50-4208-AAF5-817671E69A94.jpeg

It took a year of campaigning and two years of a Trump Presidency before Rush finally understood what’s happened.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The MSM is been working overtime tracking down government employees furloughed or working without pay, running human interest stories on how they're just barely scraping by and don't know how they're going to put food on the table or pay the heating bill. These poor, poor, innocent victims, and the big ol' meanie Trump doesn't care about them.

This coming Friday will be the FIRST paycheck they won't get during this shutdown.
Come on now!
Should they be worried?...... yep!

Should they be made fun of? ..........
Yep. Especially the ones that have said they have been suffering for weeks and are about to be evicted. :D
Is that what we've become?....... My god! What a sad day in America when we think it's ok to make fun of fellow citizens that are worried about their financial future due to no fault of their own.
No, just the ones that make stuff up for political purposes.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It took a year of campaigning and two years of a Trump Presidency before Rush finally understood what’s happened.

You do realize that Rush is an entertainer right? He is nothing more than a comedian who uses politics as the basis for his comedy routine.

I mean come on, talent on loan from God????? Really????

Reactions: Solar

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The "talent on loan from god" slogan that Rush uses about himself is a humorous play on what athletes or celebrities say about themselves such as that they have "God given talent" or thank God for "giving me the skills to score that touchdown".

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just thought it’s funny how Rush likes to believe he’s so far ahead of the curve, when he’s just catching up to what many Americans knew in 2016.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The "talent on loan from god" slogan that Rush uses about himself is a humorous play on what athletes or celebrities say about themselves such as that they have "God given talent" or thank God for "giving me the skills to score that touchdown".

I think it's creepy that you even know that :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
God ill someday take that talent back. Heaven has a gate, and a very strict immigration policy.