The Fake News Depot

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m going to take a shot in the dark, and say it’s Obamacare that you’re talking about dalscott.

There was one pre-existing condition that Obamacare never covered, and that was Poverty.

In the state of Missouri, if you made below the Poverty line, you was given a slip that said you was given an exemption from the Obamacare Tax.

You didn’t get health insurance.

I saw people who were below poverty that racked up hospital bills they couldn’t afford, while then President Obama bragged how he got everyone health insurance.

Seriously, Obamacare was a complete joke.

Reactions: davekc and Turtle

dalscott

Expert Expediter
I’m going to take a shot in the dark, and say it’s Obamacare that you’re talking about dalscott.

There was one pre-existing condition that Obamacare never covered, and that was Poverty.

In the state of Missouri, if you made below the Poverty line, you was given a slip that said you was given an exemption from the Obamacare Tax.

You didn’t get health insurance.

I saw people who were below poverty that racked up hospital bills they couldn’t afford, while then President Obama bragged how he got everyone health insurance.

Seriously, Obamacare was a complete joke.

Nobody said it was perfect but in many ways it was much better than before. At least give Obama credit for at least trying. Even Obama said it wasn’t perfect but was a stepping stone toward improving things. He also said that if anyone had any ideas on how to improve it, “my door is always open”.
But all the other side did was complain and block what they could including the public option. Over the past almost two years, you couldn’t come up with a good plan even though you had all three branches. The crap they tried to push through would have disastrous for the common man.
I found out that I had prostate cancer about 7 years ago. Had no insurance that would cover it. I joined my new wife’s policy about 5 years ago and treatment was covered thanks to the pre existing clause.
The point is quite complaining until you come up with something better. If and when you ever do I would be open to checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nobody said it was perfect but in many ways it was much better than before
No it wasn't. Before, you could keep your doctor. Before, it was cheaper. Before, you could pick your plan.

At least give Obama credit for at least trying.
No, no, no. "At least he tried" is what you say about little kids on the ball field, not about grown ass men, and certainly not about grown ass presidents. You think Trump is gonna get a "A, atta boy, good try!" if he doesn't get a wall? Maybe from Democrats, but not from anyone one else. Even friggin' Yoda knows "Do or do not. There is no try." Obama failed at getting a workable, affordable health care system in place, and he failed, more importantly, in his primary goal, that of government-controlled healthcare.

Even Obama said it wasn’t perfect but was a stepping stone toward improving things. He also said that if anyone had any ideas on how to improve it, “my door is always open”.
He didn't say that until after it was passed so we could see what was in it. And "stepping stone toward improving things" is liberalspeak for "foot in the door so we can finally do what we want

Over the past almost two years, you couldn’t come up with a good plan even though you had all three branches. [/QUITE]I'm right there with ya on that one. They had 7 years to come up with a replacement plan, and after all that time Paul Ryan emerged with Cup-o-Dirt and said, "Isn't it preeeettttyyyyy?" Ryan should be bent over the lap of every single American and every single American getting 10 whacks at his butt with a paddle.

The crap they tried to push through would have disastrous for the common man.
It would have been a disaster, because they didn't fully roll baclk Obamacare, but no more of a disaster than Obamacare. The disaster of Obamacare was just getting on a good roll. If left to its own devices, we know with one hundred percent certainty that within just a few years there would be no more health insurers because no one could afford the premiums, and the government would have full control of universal healthcare, which was the goal from the beginning. But, other than the Department of Defense, the more control the government has over something and the more they spend on it, the more it costs and the worse it gets. We spent $7 trillion on the War on Poverty, and what have we got to show for it? Orders of magnitude more poverty. We've spent trillions on education, and what do we have to show for it? A country full of stupid people with Gender Studies degrees. And now you want the government to be in charge of our healthcare dollars? Seriously?

The point is quite complaining until you come up with something better. If and when you ever do I would be open to checking it out.
Tort reform to make malpractice insurance reasonable and ridiculous lawsuits harder to bring. The medical arts isn't perfect science, nor will it ever be. Open up insurance coverage across state lines nationwide so it can have competition. Require hospitals and other medical facilities to publish the prices for services and procedures, and to have line item billing. Require health providers to charge the same for cash customers as they do for insurance customers. Require pharmaceutical companies to charge the same price in the US as the lowest price they charge for the same medication anywhere in the world, and require them to charge the same rate to cash customers as they do to insurance companies. Ban all consumer advertising of prescription medication and medical devises. I could go on, but you should be able to get the idea. These are all obvious and reasonable. Maybe not common sense, but it should be.

Reactions: Solar

dalscott

Expert Expediter
No it wasn't. Before, you could keep your doctor. Before, it was cheaper. Before, you could pick your plan.

No, no, no. "At least he tried" is what you say about little kids on the ball field, not about grown ass men, and certainly not about grown ass presidents. You think Trump is gonna get a "A, atta boy, good try!" if he doesn't get a wall? Maybe from Democrats, but not from anyone one else. Even friggin' Yoda knows "Do or do not. There is no try." Obama failed at getting a workable, affordable health care system in place, and he failed, more importantly, in his primary goal, that of government-controlled healthcare.

He didn't say that until after it was passed so we could see what was in it. And "stepping stone toward improving things" is liberalspeak for "foot in the door so we can finally do what we want

I agree fully with all that.
About prices though, where have you been for the 30 or 40 years? 30 years ago my employer had to drop our coverage because it was getting too expensive. Premiums have been skyrocketing long before the ACA.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’ll be fair. The inability to reject because of pre existing conditions, that was across the bord accepted. That’s a +1 for Obamacare.

Too bad state monopolies were created to drive up the cost.

Don’t think the Establishment Republicans and Democrats, by design, didn’t withdraw certain states so the poor in Missouri, for example, are not covered, but the poor in California are.

Point being, funny how it is the “poor white males” that are the ones left out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, the Great and Powerful is still speaking.

I find it interesting that the author of that piece managed to find a whole slew of people (as opposed to a partial slew) who are aghast at Trump's decision, but couldn't manage to find a single person, not even one, who agreed with Trump, despite Congress containing a multitude (or a slew, if you like) of people who agree with him. Interesting indeed.

They say that if Trump pulls the troops out of Syria and Afghanistan there will be another 911, implying that as long as we have troops in Syria and Afghanistan there won't be another 911. That's funny. Rest assured, there's gonna be another 911-type event regardless. You could wipe ISIS off the planet, but you can't kill an idea.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Dear Folks: Syria and Israel and the bunch over there, have been at each others throats since the BC days...its in the Old Testament....it will end someday whether the USA or anyone else does some type of intervention or not. It's in the wind so to speak on a time table we cannot control-- the band aid effect will continue till the end time event...

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Speaking of CNN, they have this Power Rankings thing which lists the top potential candidates, in their view, who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020. The polls at this point are, of course, mainly name recognition, but the polls have Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders at a rock solid number one and two.

Old white guys? CNN can't have any of that nonsense, So they came out with the Power Rankings as a way to not report the news, but to straight up brainwash its viewers into changing their minds. Number one is Kamala Harris, and number two is Beto. It may or may not be a coincidence that of the 20 odd people on the list that those two are the only two that are pretty. But this is an unabashed attempt to get people to stop considering people who can't win against Trump, and instead go with somebody who checks off the right boxes and has a least has a shot.

It's bad enough when news organizations cross the line and tell you what you should think about the news they are reporting, but this isn't even news, it's just straight up telling you want to think.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
CNN peddling what they like to peddle.
Adjectives straight from the Fear Monger Thesaurus.

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dear Democrats,
I’ll tell you how to beat Trump in 2020. Run on the full legalization of cannabis.

-It’s really that easy.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

A little year end entertainment. Whenever Mark Dice dors this, Brian Stelter just loses his ever lovin' mind. Stelter has tried and failed, to get Dice kicked off Twitter, YouTube, e-mail, the Internet, you name it, and it's hilarious to watch

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I love Mark Dice.
I honestly get most of my news from BitChute anymore. There’s zero balance in MSM. Used to at least have the “illusion” of balance, having Tucker Carlson and Lou Dobbs on CNN. All of 2008-2012 the Left screamed how FOX is Fake News. They weren’t wrong, they just only saw half of the Fake News format. ALL the MSM is Fake News, and the coordinated “opinions” that are word for word from the biggest outlets to the local small town broadcasts, thanks to the internet, are apparent and exposed.

Oh how Media has lost.

Last edited: