The best christmas present

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
I know that it's a little early to receive christmas presents but my daughter gave me the best present I could ever receive this morning: she called to tell me that she's pregnant!!! This will be my first grandbaby and I'm beyond happy and excited! In this dark, depressing time where freight is scarce & most of us are struggling to keep our heads above water & survive, news like this just brings a huge rainbow in my cloudy day. Just had to share this wonderful news with all of you EO family & friends.

miker

Seasoned Expediter
congrats- children are just the best. I was gone for a week , got home on tuesday and yesterday while at my computer looking for a load after picking up my 8 yr old daughter and helping her with her homework, she says " dad would you come snuggle me" I had to put the load searching on hold because there is no way you can pass that up

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congratulations. That's a call I'm looking forward to... in about 5-6 years.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Wingnut, you're gonna LOVE it! (Hope it's a girlbaby, they're more fun to buy clothes for, eh?):D:D:D

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Amen! What a blessing.

Our daughter just gave birth to our fourth grandchild on 12/04.

We have three sons and one daughter; this is her first child.

It was really great to be at home when she delivered.

Many happy returns to you and yours.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Congratulations David!!

It really is a testimony of Gods plan...When the Kids grow up and leave home we get a bottomless empty feeling in the pit of our stomachs and the fact that we are getting old really slaps us in the face. It doesn't matter how much we tell people how nice it is to have our privacy and the house to ourselves, and how we are able to come and go as we please, and how we say "this is our time", there is something missing in our lives.
Then here comes a Grandchild and we realize what we were missing and our lives become full again.

Yeah thats right Spoil em' rotten, and if you ask them, They will tell you that There is nobody like Grandma and Grandpa!!!

Packmule

Expert Expediter
CORRECTION ON MY LAST POST!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MINDI!!!!!!

Just read Davids post and injected his name, Sorry!

fish62

Seasoned Expediter
Congrats, Wingnut! I share your joy as I gained a daughter-in-law October 07 and a grandson in '08. Being that my son is in the navy,his new family is stationed in Italy for two years. Sure am looking forward to their return in 2010! Just got pics of Baby's 1st Thanksgiving.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Congratulations on the news of the grandbaby..
There is no love like the one you have for grandkids.
I know it won't be long before you know that. Hope it's a
girl.. we have 3 boys and never got to buy girl clothes..

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
THANK-YOU for all your kind words & well wishes!!! My daughter & her hubby have been trying for a long time to have a baby & was told the chances of her getting pregnant were pretty slim. Actually the doctor told her that she had a bigger chance to win the lottery than to get pregnant. God had other plans cuz as far as we're concerned, she just won the lottery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a true miracle for her. and we're all very blessed. I can't wait to get my hands on that little one & spoil it rotten. They live almost 4 hours from us, so when her time is close, we'll go up there & stay till the little one is born.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Congrats, Wingnut! I know you'll enjoy spoiling the baby!

It's funny how little things are so big when it comes to kids. My son is 2 today. Every accomplishment of his is an occasion. The other day my wife told me he peed in his potty chair while standing. Talk about booming pride! :D

Being on the road, every moment with my kids is like a holiday (including what seems like holiday family fights LOL). Whether it be watching their favorite shows, playing "RRAARR... HELP! HELP!" with his dinosaurs, or giving them suplexes on the bed, memories are the things life is made for. Good memories for us will keep our hearts warm as we get old; but good memories for them, as children, will help them to be good adults and parents.

Have fun making good memories! :)