Thanksgiving

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I will be home (sort of). I will be celebrating the holiday with my fleet at 1pm Thanksgiving Day by our terminal. All of the Load One drivers who are away from home and in town are welcome and encouraged to attend. Even if you are based locally and don't have a place to celebrate that is fine as well. As well any of the other expediters from any company are welcome to attend, our treat. Feel free to pm me for details if you are going to be in the Taylor Michigan area on Thursday.

Thanks, John for the offer to other drivers. ....One ? though do you have to Fly Ovm home to Taylor for the Thanksgiving meal......:D:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
yeah..there ya go...John can "sign" my butt....LOL

I was thinking more of the steel toe he would use! :p We could sell tickets to the "butt kicking" and donate the proceeds to a local charity. We could even sell DVD's on EO and raise even MORE money, LOTS more money!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We delivered near our Forida house yesterday and waited for nothing. Expecting nothing much over the holiday, we went to the house with plans to spend Thanksgiving there. But we got dispatched on a run that picked up today so off we went. It will be another Thanksgiving on the road for us, which is our custom.

This will be the 11th Thanksgiving we celebrate as truckers. Each year we have tried to do something special to mark the event while out on the road. We've had Thanksgiving meals atop the Space Needle in Seattle, at a ski resort in Jackson Hole, WY, with relatives in Texas when the freight happened to take us close, and a host of other places. Because of a planned career change, this year will likely be the last Thanksgiving we celebrate out on the road. To mark the occasion, we will spend Thanksgiving at a truck stop and have the holiday meal there.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I've been home for a month now. I got sick with something weird and segued into getting my truck mechanically sound and now it's time to winterize the sleeper before the weather gets truly nasty. I'll head out in a week or so and maybe catch a few good loads before taking time off for Christmas/New Years. I worked hard all year to build my accounts receivables into something decent and I hate watching it whither but oh well.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've been home for a month now. I got sick with something weird and segued into getting my truck mechanically sound and now it's time to winterize the sleeper before the weather gets truly nasty. I'll head out in a week or so and maybe catch a few good loads before taking time off for Christmas/New Years. I worked hard all year to build my accounts receivables into something decent and I hate watching it whither but oh well.

Tomorrow, you can be thankful that you have an account to see 'whither', instead of panic mode because you don't. Good call. ;)
I'm home for Thanksgiving, which is unusual. My sister is cooking, and asked me to bring dessert. I found a peppermint cream pie [with chocolate cookie crust!], and I'm thinking I better not make it a habit, lol.
Seriously: it's nice to be home, and I have much to be thankful for.
Starting with some Bailey's in my coffee tomorrow, because I'm NOT driving! :cool:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered in Minnesota yesterday morning and planned on staying in service until evening, just in case something came up. I snagged a load that picked up in Northern Minnesota that afternoon and delivers Monday morning in Melrose Park, Ill. 546 miles with 3 days layover pay. I am home to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my family. We will be having the traditional turkey meal and the layover pay means I get a side of Roast Goose with my turkey. Thank you Panther!

The only down side to this is I have to finish my interior painting project which involves ladders and high places. I don't mind either one individually. It's when the two are combined that my hands start to sweat.

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 37

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I delivered in Minnesota yesterday morning and planned on staying in service until evening, just in case something came up. I snagged a load that picked up in Northern Minnesota that afternoon and delivers Monday morning in Melrose Park, Ill. 546 miles with 3 days layover pay. I am home to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my family. We will be having the traditional turkey meal and the layover pay means I get a side of Roast Goose with my turkey. Thank you Panther!

The only down side to this is I have to finish my interior painting project which involves ladders and high places. I don't mind either one individually. It's when the two are combined that my hands start to sweat.

It even sweeter when ya can win one.....congrats....have a great day Moot

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I will be home (sort of). I will be celebrating the holiday with my fleet at 1pm Thanksgiving Day by our terminal. All of the Load One drivers who are away from home and in town are welcome and encouraged to attend. Even if you are based locally and don't have a place to celebrate that is fine as well. As well any of the other expediters from any company are welcome to attend, our treat. Feel free to pm me for details if you are going to be in the Taylor Michigan area on Thursday.

Just a reminder if anyone is around Detroit today.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Best of both worlds today. Home last night while under a load to Waco, TX . Get to spend all day here ! Leaving for Waco in the morning.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Cool! I just learned that Landstar is paying for Thanksgiving meals its BCO's at TA and Petro truck stops. They make it easy. We just used our Road King card to print the coupon off the Road King machine at the truck stop.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Cool! I just learned that Landstar is paying for Thanksgiving meals its BCO's at TA and Petro truck stops. They make it easy. We just used our Road King card to print the coupon off the Road King machine at the truck stop.

Very nice.

Fedex is paying for ours.
Through the art of negotiation. :)

The $100 holiday premium put us at a better starting point.

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am lucky to be home for Thanksgiving have a load that delivers Monday my pickup wasn't to
far from home so I am thankful. God Bless all you drivers who are away from family and
friends have a nice Thanksgiving.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Zorry to Green.

Zorry to Green.

Reprint post 57 and read it in Monday's
Dept Head meeting.

Thanks Phil. Have a Blessed Holiday.