Thanks to Linder

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Leo, if you are cooking in the rice cooker I would not want to go very far down the road unless just cooking rice as the rice cooker will burn your food. When cooking rice and the rice is done cooking it automatically goes to a warm setting. I have not had it go to a warm setting on anything else. Now with the slow cooker you use a liner so no clean up and if I am using the crock pot while going down the road I put the crock pot in the sink. I have a rubber mat in my sink so nothing will slide; I set the crock pot in the sink and then use a small bungee cord to hold the lid on.

You can make lots and lots of things in the Rocket Grill including toasted Ham & Cheese sandwiches all the way to steaks using the parchment paper. Some consider the parchment paper expensive but no clean up to me it is worth it.

To clean the rice cooker I just add water plug the rice cooker in to heat the water and wash any knives I might have used to cut up our meat wash out the rice cooker, dispose of the water and I am done.

Simple is best and no or very little clean up is perfect!

We also use paper plates with our tin pie pans underneath for stability as we do not have a table I use plastic utensils, plastic bowls and I carry real steak knives. I have a small cutting board for when I need to cut up vegetables for stir fry and I use a ton of baggies! I put everything in a baggie for storage in the fridge.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
My wife got a microwave rice cooker, and it made the best rice the other night. I'm partial to Japanese rice, as it's nuttier than traditional brown rice, and has a lot of flavor, unlike white rice.

barney

Expert Expediter
I plan on trying as many of the recipes as possable. Maybe we could have a test panel and record our results.

barney

Expert Expediter
I went into ebay for cookers. They have them in all prices( $4 to $200 )and sizes. You can buy now or bid at auction. I can pretty well guarantee I won't be spending $200 for a rice cooker but they looked nice. They even have used ones and factory reconditioned ones. I found a miniture one for a doll house. The biggest was 25 cups.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Barney, run into the nearest Walmart, they have them cheap

Thanks Hawk, I'll have to look for that, it sounds really good!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cheri

Just made your scalloped potatoes and ham in the rice cooker and all I can say is it was fantastic! I used two potatoes, bought diced onion and added that, bought celery and carrot sticks, cut up a few of the celery sticks will much on the rest, sharp grated cheese, pre cooked sliced ham left over’s to be used for sandwiches, and two potatoes and poured cream of mushroom soup over the top with about 1/2 can of water. When this was bubbling really good I added a can of french fried onions to the top!

What amazed me is the rice cooker acted as a rice cooker when the casserole was finished the rice cooker went from cook to warm! The casserole was done is less than a half an hour including prep time and boy did it smell great while cooking.

barney

Expert Expediter
Hey Cheri,
Dats GOOD cookin'. I tried it this weekend. I only got 1 helping cause my wife took the rest. She says thanks.

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
is there a single thread with recipes? You all have peeked my instrest and exicited my taste buds

gotta go

Veteran Expediter
I went to Wally-world yesterday to buy a rice-cooker and instead I walked out with a Rocket Grill. Ever since I saw Linder's, at Louisville, I've been looking at them. They only had one, it was down to $40 and the bags were $5. I'd suggest anyone that has one pick up the bags while the price is "rolled back :)". If I stay out of restaurants this week, I get the rice-cooker as a reward next week. ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Does the Rocket Grill come in different sizes? Cause I'd like one, but it looks pretty big, to me - there just isn't that much storage space in this KW, sigh. And I just got a Burton stove, (lunchbox style, with 12 volt power cord) specifically to make meatloaf, for sandwiches - I'm running out of room, here! :eek:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nope Cheri one size fits all. The Rocket Grill is set up to cook for one person or two at the most. If you are cooking steaks you have to cook one at a time. The grill plates inside are large and thick but what is great is there is no heat to the touch on the outside of the grill only on the top. You can easily move the grill while it is cooking.