Thanks John

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
John, seeing that we are a family and all, do we have the ok to kick a relitives a@#?lol, got a couple in mind!
I would encourage you to take a closer look at post #245 in the October Locations and Banter thread. You might be able to benefit from your own advice?

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
We have a great team of people here. From our drivers, contractors, dispatch, and our admin staff, I am lucky to lead such a great group of individuals. Thank you!
Most successful companies are led by an individual who understands how to empower others to achieve their full potential. You do a great job of that John. Your ability to put the right people in the right position with some guidance stands out to me as the key to Load One's success. I am humbled and amazed by the power and effectiveness of a well run business like Load One.

What I appreciate the most though is your accessability to the contractors (for purely selfish reasons obviously). For me, there is a learning curve in progress to use the chain of command more so than mentioning a problem to you or on the L1 forum. Amazingly enough, your the most accessible person in the organization. That speaks volumes about your commitment to the fleet!

Thanks for all that you do! :)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well half my real family would get voted off the island, lol.

Empowering people to do a job and to follow ones lead is critical. If not a company can only go as far as one person can take it. Empowering our staff and drivers is without a doubt a huge key to our success. We have had really good luck acquiring the right talent. As well I think we have a fleet that wants the company to succeed and realizes it is mutually beneficial. An understanding spouse and well a dash of good luck from time to time is a blessing.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Empowering people to do a job and to follow ones lead is critical. If not a company can only go as far as one person can take it.
The ability to understand and leverage that philosophy has HUGE upside potential. A fellow by the name of Sam Walton found some success with it.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The very best leaders are those whose people will follow him/her through good times and bad with confidence born of faith that their loyalty isn't misplaced.
John Elliot is one of those leaders, IMO.
PS My real family either never got the memo about behaving at the holiday table or chose to ignore it - but that sure makes for some memorable meals, lol.
;)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
The very best leaders are those whose people will follow him/her through good times and bad with confidence born of faith that their loyalty isn't misplaced.
John Elliot is one of those leaders, IMO.
PS My real family either never got the memo about behaving at the holiday table or chose to ignore it - but that sure makes for some memorable meals, lol.
;)
some people might call it indigestion...lol

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Tina and I have felt like this was home from day one. We quietly watched and took it all in prior to coming here. Most of it in disbelief, for awhile. Then really paid attention to johns posts and everything started to come to light. I guess that is what we are most thankful for. The leadership, integrity and honesty and lack of sugar coating. The image you put foward is miles above the rest and your constant caring is unbiased. We are always amazed at your proactive and reactive capabilities and your outstanding intelligence for the business. So thanks for providing us all with such a great well oiled company to work with. Things may not always go has planned but you always have our best interest in mind and do your best to fix everything. You have loyal people here who are willing to help you the same as you do all of us. So, thanks, Mr. Elliott

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Alot of great things have been said in this thread, but Steve Wolfesaid thos in his 1st post :

It is my honor and privilege to call you my friend.

Thats it for me..So Thanks John for all you do and have done for all of us here, and for my family and me personally..it is an honor to call you "Friend"...

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Revisiting this thread has brought back a flood of memories both good and not so good in the 18 months since my first post. For some of us,including John, family members have passed. Business continues to be a challenge testing our patience, and sometimes the growing pains here have been frustrating. Yet through it all, I for one have not had any qualms about the business side. Load 1 is still the best carrier to be leased to.

I'm currently sitting at the yard. I've been tying up some loose ends, and have a driver change to deal with Monday. The doom and gloom I'd been hearing from the doctors for the past two months has changed to "everything's normal for a man your age." They made money, the hospitals made money, I just got sore, and occasionally glowed in the dark. In any case, I'll be back driving.

John was John asking how I was doing, etc., but wasn't quite sold on my being "normal". I can't imagine why he would think that. I said it before and have no problem saying it again. It is an honor and privilege to call John Elliott my friend.

P.S. John, Ummm...can we talk about the comments that I voted for Lincoln and fought at Gettysburg???

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
A man should take great pride in service to his country. God bless America.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ever think about how much better of a living we have while here at Load One? Things getting taken care of while here, that were impossible to do at other companies? Has you're blood pressure returned to normal since coming here? As mine has? Are you as proud as I am to have the Load One name on you're vehicle? My Dad has been in trucking for 44 years, pulled everything,had his own authority, the whole nine yards, accident free.Never have I seen him talk so much, so proudly of a company To his "Old School" trucking buddies as he does about Load One.They all go out to dinner every Monday.And, they all have Load One hats they wear.It's really cool.Coming to Load One, and knowing John, has been such a blessing to me, as well as others.I can't thank God and John enough for doing what you do for us.Even when it is slow, there is a peace of mind that it will all work out.

Thank you, John.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ever think about how much better of a living we have while here at Load One? Things getting taken care of while here, that were impossible to do at other companies? Has you're blood pressure returned to normal since coming here? As mine has? Are you as proud as I am to have the Load One name on you're vehicle? My Dad has been in trucking for 44 years, pulled everything,had his own authority, the whole nine yards, accident free.Never have I seen him talk so much, so proudly of a company To his "Old School" trucking buddies as he does about Load One.They all go out to dinner every Monday.And, they all have Load One hats they wear.It's really cool.Coming to Load One, and knowing John, has been such a blessing to me, as well as others.I can't thank God and John enough for doing what you do for us.Even when it is slow, there is a peace of mind that it will all work out.

Thank you, John.

10963550-little-girl-cheerleader-with-pom-poms-vector-illustration.jpg...........WTG...Guido....LMAO

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anybody at Load 1 who has ever been leased on with another carrier knows full well how good they have it at Load 1.

The only thing I really hadn't been aware of is the fact that John can walk on water without even getting his feet wet. Ever seen him in the wash bay? It's a miracle is what it is. A miracle.